1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 113 - 310 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

One-click Secure Site Access

Yun Qiuling still stands!
    Yes, our heroic forces in the Fortress of Yun Qiuling have routed the enemy! The unit of pikemen and the elite swordsmen were lost in the battle. The routed GCA Army now stands at 6/14 health, a great reminder of the great deeds of the men and women of Yun Qiuling.
    This battle, and mounting Apolytonian pressure, has caused GCA to extend an 'olive branch.' They offered an unconditional cease fire, and we have accepted. In game peace has been accepted on our end.
    Also, in the realm of foreign relations, as promised, we have received The Republic from Apolyton. In nine turns, the Apolytonian attack will commence.
    On advice from Falcon02, all cities, with the exception of Yun Qiuling, have started building pikes for defensive purposes. The people of the Iron Hill now labor on ur nation's third barracks. We should consider barracks in the future of the major production cities of Jiang Mapi and Zhi Gnag.
    Another topic for discussion involves the Republic: Do we want to switch to this form of government, and if so when?

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

How about now?

3. Ankka

Ankka Deity

Yeah, why not? Nine turns to battle again, so we'd have good time to change government.

But, on the other hand, no production would be available, so we would not get our pikes built...

But what's the meaning of building pikes everywhere?:confused: I mean, shouldn't we be building an offensive force to help Poly get rid of GCA, and maybe even get BoP captured or so, if we've got luck.

4. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

Yeah, why not switch now? I think it would give us a real boost. How about telling Poly that we're switching governments and that we'll resume our offensive when we're back online?

5. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I don't think we should switch just yet. These nine turns should be spent producing as many units as possible so that we can launch a counter-offensive simultaneously with Apolyton.

Besides, can our economy sustain the cost of supporting our units? As it is now, all of our units are free, and we don't really have many cities that are capable of generating large streams of revenue quite yet. I say we don't change governments now, but rather we begin to put the pieces into place to smooth the transition to Republic.

Also, it is imperative that we produce as many veterans as possible so that we can attempt to get a GL out of the upcoming war. I would recommend that we produce barracks before producing units wherever possible.

One last thing: DO NOT TRUST GCA! Despite their olive branch offering, don't be surprised if they turn around and smack us with that same branch if we give them an opportunity to do so.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Yes, we should use these nine turns to build up our military for a combined offensive against GCA with Poly. Let's not switch to republic until after that war.

7. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Do not trust neither CGA or Apolyton. Both are willing to conquer us, sooner or later. Trust only our own strenght.

Build pikemen as much as possible, and then medieval infantry/riders.

Switch government only when we can defend ourselves for a few turns without production.

8. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

now's our chance...

the added commerce will make up for a lack of MP and free units, im pretty sure. If you think it's really that bad an idea than dont do it but I think spending 4 of these 9 turns in anarchy is not a bad idea.

9. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Switching to monarchy isn't a bad idea, switching to republic in these troubled times would be. Since we dont have monarchy, no switch.

As for defence plans, I have an idea. See the square S, SW, SW of Jiang Mapi? The hill with a 4/4 CGA horseman on it? Lets build another mountain fortress city there. It would mean our inner cities are very sheltered, and we would have three (3) cities with over 6 defence. Put three pikes in each of our mountain fortress cities (Yun Qiuling, Cha Ching, and our new Mountain Fortress) and Shen Ling. Put two pikes in Jiang Mapi. The other cities are not under much threat, so one pike and some leftover units would be fine.

10. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

That's a good idea. We can probably fit another settler in after the current pike cycle. We can add it to our other great fortress cities...

11. Ankka

Ankka Deity

But wouldn't that be S, SE, SE?

Good idea, anyway.:)

12. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks Wizard!