1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 121 - 150 BC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Bootstoots, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Again, I'm the DP. :)

Apolyton has declared war on GCA and has attacked their border units, killing six for the loss of two of theirs. Hopefully Poly overruns GCA in the next few turns.

Nothing much new happened other than that. The GCA horse near Ju Yaosai moved, a mine was started near Zhi Gang, and the sword in the north moved to the coast in an attempt to spot a CGN galley rumored by Poly to exist. Also, workers were reallocated in Shen Ling to maximize growth.

Here's a screenshot:

Attached Files:

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

wow thats major wicked. Suddenly I feel bad for GCA--well almost anyway.

3. Bootstoots

I almost feel sorry for GCA too...they didn't realize how much trouble they'd get into by sacking Yun Feng, long ago...

Oh well, they deserved it. ;)

BTW, here's a screenshot of the current situation on the Poly-GCA border.

Attached Files:

4. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Should we declare war to take what's rightfully ours (after we get some offensive units of course)? I think we should own up to at least the balance of power.

5. Hygro

i agree. BoP should be where we stop. I hope GCA can fight Apolytan to a stalemate and leave them with what the have east of the BoP

6. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

How about we tease and provoke them? Laugh in GCA's face? Send messages to them like "You suckers actually thought you would get peace?", or "let's see you declare war now?"

They wanted war with us, they were just looking for an excuse. Yun Feng was the perfect excuse. Now we want war with them, any they are the perfect excuse.

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah, BoP should be the city we're heading for. Where's CG? He should be making battle plans...
    How fast can we build up a decent offensive? Do we have more than those two MIs? How many offensive units do we have?

8. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

our attack force is pithy and pathetic. Concentrate on building it up.

Oh, and PLEASE BUILD A WORKER! Just one, we need all our efforts towards war.

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah, if we lose lets say two turns on a worker, it will pay itself back quickly as better production.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    @Boots - Would it be possible for me to get a chance to play the MSDG's saves?

11. Bootstoots

Of course, CG, you just have to be there around when the save arrives.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I say build up and attack to BoP. GCA will shake and tremble with fear at the sound of our name!

13. Hygro

CivGeneral, purely out of curiosity, why are you the one to draw up plans?

14. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Well, he IS the Minister of Defense. I'd expect him to do his job at some point. ;)

15. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

I'm very happy to see that Poly finally declared war on CGA, I for an instant feared they would backstab us instead or that it would take much more time than that. Hopefully it will affect CGA's possibility to defend BoP adequately, leaving the western front behind to defend their nation. By the way, isn't that a good time to change to Republic?

16. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Umm, no, because if we change now, we could lose five turns of production, and the production benefit wouldn't be as great as the loss of offensive units production.

17. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Without a better understanding of the composition and whereabouts of our troops, I can only recommend that we build up our offensive units as quickly as possible and once we amass a sufficient force, (say 7-10 units) we move east, taking the lands that are rightfully ours.

However, if this is to succeed, we must continue to reinforce our units with new veteran forces so we cannot stop producing military units until such time as GCA is at our mercy.

Do not feel compassion for GCA. They have shown us none since the beginning of this game. Do not feel compelled to offer them what they do not deserve. I would remind you of their treachery in the early days of our first war with them when they sent us an e-mail offer of peace at the same time that their units burned our city of Yun Feng to the ground.

I say No Mercy for the hated Gamecatcher Alliance. Let them feel the wrath that they have created amongst their neighbors. Remember the Elucidians! Death to the Gamecatchers!

18. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Words said out loud by a true Fanatikan!

19. Bootstoots

Well, then we'd better build up a sizeable force quickly. We currently have only two MI's.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hear, hear FortyJ! Let us build up our forces and attack!