1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 123 - 110 BC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Bootstoots, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

I moved a pikeman further to the SE, and I attacked the barb camp using the sword and got 25 gold from the victory. Also, Poly gifted us a world map that shows most of the other continent. In return, I performed an investigation of Random Outpost at their request for 34 gold and gave them the information from the investigation. Screenshots will be attached in the upcoming posts.

2. Bootstoots

screenshot 1 of 4:

Attached Files:

3. Bootstoots

2 of 4:

Attached Files:

4. Bootstoots

3 of 4 (the investigation)

Attached Files:

5. Bootstoots

minimap, screenie 4 of 4:

Attached Files:

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I suspect there is more land up north

7. croxis

croxis Chat room op

also is that all the cities GC has?

8. Bootstoots

All the ones shown on the minimap, about 9 cities in all.

9. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

First thing: I'd switch Ju Yaosai to walls, ASAP. The city was built as a fortress to protect Shen Ling, and as such it needs to be fortified.

Second, while we have a decent supply of gold, look for units for upgrades. I'd target all swords (regardless of experience), and vet spears for upgrades.

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah, Mis ASAP so we can attack BoP and those two other cities. Lets :hammer: GCA!

Whoa, those two have huge areas of land... If they'd decide to attack, we'd be in trouble... BIG trouble...

11. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Wow, I thought GCA would have more cities down south. As it stands, they dont, and we are about as big as they are!

I think we will be able to take BoP. Perform an investigation of it, before they realise we are spying on them and declare war.

12. Bootstoots

We only have one sword, and he's far to the north and inaccessible. A few spears can probably be upgraded, however. In four turns we should have three new Medieval Infantry units produced and in place in a few more turns, bringing our total force of MI's up to five. What size force will we need to attack GCA?

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Only one sword? Did GCA beat all the other ones in the mountain battles approx. ten turns ago?

I think the size needed to invade GCA depends heavily on how much of their troops do they have moved up north to fight against Poly. If they have moved all but a few, we may be able to attack with a fairly small amount of troops. :) If they haven't, we'll need more troops, and a lot more.

14. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

I'd suggest to settle that island before one of the two kick-ass superpower do so. It seems to be big enough for 2 cities. Those could be used to build a navy or such.

15. croxis

croxis Chat room op

our first goal is bop. We need to push gc back. We also need to settle northward as well to fill up our land mass

16. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

A couple of observations...

1) GCA has only 9 cities!!! We should definitely do whatever we can to capture the cities on our side of Balance of Power as well as BoP if we can manage.

2) CGN (blue-green?) is simply massive. This alone should be enough of a reason for us to work with APO to exterminate GCA as quickly as possible so that we can switch to Republic and begin working on a period of mutual, peaceful growth.

17. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

yeah the giant new civs should make us try to be peaceful with apo

18. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... Those two new civs are simply enormous! :eek: They are as big as our island itself... We really need to get rid of GCA quickly. Head for BoP!

19. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Well, Two medium size civs can do a lot more than one huge one. Think about it - research two techs at once, one wages war while the other spies, maybe even fake wars, all kinds of tricky stuff.

It is advanatgeous to have two civs that are permanantly allied, than just one huge nation.

20. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

not to mention less corruption... ;)

We just hope that the two bigger ones don't become friendly with one another. At the same time, if one takes over the other...