Turn 126 - 50 BC

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
First of all, we investigated Algalord for 55 gold at the request of the Apolytonians, who will recompensate us. It seems that the decisive battle of the war will be fought there. At home, we built an MI and a horse and repositioned our troops near Sodapopolis. That's about it. :)

Screenshot 1 of 2:

Attachments

• dompicture.jpg
    dompicture.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 140
You took a screenshot of the city we investigated right?

If so I want to see it.

We could attack, as most of their forces are apparently in that city... Actually, I suggest we do it.

Wonder if Poly can capture it in one turn... Any bets?:D

I'd suggest that we charge upon Sodapolis now! Almost all their army seems to be stacked in Algalord. We must take the momentum that has opened to us! If we do not attack now, I fear that the offensive Apolitonian army will be stalled at Algalord forever, and that one of the two superpowers will take the opportunity to attack both of us and win, thus giving them a 100%sure victory.

Fier, that would be great, if this 'army' of ours you are talking about existed. We can declare war, only to distract troops, but play defensive.

So lets declare war. Just to distract them.

First off, how is it that they have no iron in that town? I mean, that's great and all because they can't upgrade those units as long as they have no iron there.

Second, Poly should move past that town and pillage the roads to it to prevent iron from ever getting there. Also, since that town has walls and a barracks, Poly will have a VERY hard time taking it, whereas other towns will fall much easier.

Third, if we declare war in the game, we won't be able to spy on their cities any longer. This may be the best assistance we can give to APO, so let's not rush into it foolishly. I suggest we march our units into position for an attack, but do not declare war until such time as we can do some real damage to GCA.

Finally, did you happen to scroll over to see exactly how many units (and what types) are in the town of Algalord? We know there are at least 14, but how many more could there be?

Originally posted by FortyJ
Finally, did you happen to scroll over to see exactly how many units (and what types) are in the town of Algalord? We know there are at least 14, but how many more could there be?

I seriously hope that Apolyton has a little horde of catapults, because without that, they'll never take that city, not untill they have hordes of units to send to sure death. However, if they can destroy the city walls, the barracks and reduce the pop. to 1 before attacking, then they have a chance.

Also, shouldn't we irrigate the three flood plains aroun Yun Quiuling? If we irrigated these and mine four hills, this would be one hell-productive city.

It would be pointless to declare war. Best case scenario is they raze a city or two. We can no longer give screenshots to Poly, nor can we try my gambit with GCA upon the fall of Catchopolis.

Here is the breakdown of troops in Algalord:

6 are vet spears, all at 4/4 health
6 are horses, of which there are: one 4/4 vet, one 4/5 elite, one 1/5 elite, one 3/5 elite, and two 1/4 vets.
2 swords standing alone, one is a 4/4 vet, one is a 5/5 elite
1 army containing 3 swords of unknown health.

17 units total, including the swords in the sword army but excluding the army itself.

Makes me wonder who on Earth have they been fighting? From what I've heard they haven't really fought Poly at all yet.

I think they've abandoned their outer cities and withdrawn their troops to this city. They couldn't defend that many cities, so they abandoned some.

EDIT: And now I hear that the science ministry is soooo useless it has been considered spam and closed. I knew it eas useless :p

Maybe we should contact GCA, just to ask what they think about it.

Yes, our troops should be moved into position for war ASAP.

@Fier: The problem is, we don't have enough workers.

Yes, the Science ministry was useless. Fun but useless.;)

Mongoose is having Apolyton hold it until all teams send him a copy of the most recent save for some reason.

Top Bottom