Turn 135 - 130 AD

Cheetah

Deity
The last turn of this term. :)

Secure Site (I'll need some time to update it.)

Turn Report
We recieved World Map and 66 Gold from Apolyton.
Lucky Harbor and Catchopolis has been disbanded by GCA. The new GCA capital is the city of Balance of Power.
Our forces are charging on Port Blacksand (undefended) and Santopia (1 Elite Spearman).
The remaining GCA forces west of Balance of Power is 1 Elite Horseman, 1 Veteran Pikeman, 1 Regular Pikeman and 1 Elite Spearman.
On the domestic side I managed to get a few more food out of Shen Ling, and no cities will riot next turn. :)

Turn Chat Log
[15:04] <Cheetah> Turn Chat Started - Turn 135 - 130 AD
[15:04] <theWizard> woohoo!
[15:04] <Cheetah> im logging
[15:04] <theWizard> So, what's new?
[15:04] <Bootstoots> I'm logging too
[15:04] <Cheetah> we recieved 66 gold adn world map from apolyton
[15:04] <theWizard> nice.
[15:04] <theWizard> What shall they get?
[15:04] <Cheetah> Lucky Harbor is disbanded
[15:05] <theWizard> Nice.
[15:05] <Cheetah> Shen Ling is out of riot
[15:05] <Bootstoots> is Catchopolis destroyed?
[15:05] <Cheetah> yes
[15:05] <theWizard> whoa.
[15:05] <Bootstoots> and their new capital is BoP?
[15:05] <Cheetah> yes
[15:05] <theWizard> Oh no...
[15:06] <Cheetah> and now the GCA city of Server Fire is cut of from the rest of their forces
[15:06] <theWizard> now it'll be a hard time capturing t...
[15:06] <theWizard> *it
[15:06] <theWizard> nice.
[15:06] <Cheetah> anyway
[15:07] <theWizard> what?
[15:07] <Cheetah> you remember the screenshot from last turn? we have two horses on a mountain west of Port Blacksand. I want to move the right east, so they end up in the forest by Port Blacksand
[15:07] <Cheetah> any objections?
[15:07] Joins: ShangMan (ShangMan@3a0f8979.1409f3f8.us.rogers.com) [5 users]
[15:07] <theWizard> nope.
[15:07] <theWizard> sounds good.
[15:08] Parts: ShangMan (ShangMan@3a0f8979.1409f3f8.us.rogers.com) [4 users]
[15:08] <Cheetah> AND AS I THOUGH! Port Blacksand is UNDEFENDED!
[15:08] <theWizard> nice!
[15:08] <theWizard> although they'll disband it...
[15:09] <theWizard> how many cities does GCA have now?
[15:09] <Cheetah> should i place both horses in the forest, or one horse in the forest and one on the grassland in case GCA counterattacks?
[15:09] <Cheetah> 6 cities
[15:09] <theWizard> Why?
[15:09] <theWizard> Both in the forest, of course.
[15:09] <Bootstoots> are we close enough to capture or destroy Blacksand?
[15:09] <theWizard> better defence.
[15:09] <theWizard> IIRC no.
[15:10] <Cheetah> we would have been if we had charged last turn
[15:10] <theWizard> :/
[15:10] <Cheetah> now we are standing right outside it
[15:10] <Bootstoots> I think that both should probably be placed in the forest, I don't think we have to worry about GCA counterattacks
[15:10] <Bootstoots> it'll be abandoned for sure
[15:10] <Cheetah> yup
[15:10] <Cheetah> no defenders in it either
[15:10] <Bootstoots> they will probably stand and fight at Santopia, how many units do they have defending it?
[15:10] <theWizard> In what?
[15:10] <Bootstoots> *how many units do we have attacking it
[15:10] <Bootstoots> ;)
[15:10] <Cheetah> one Elite Spear
[15:11] <theWizard> r u sure?
[15:11] <theWizard> They could have more...
[15:11] <Cheetah> and no way of rescuing it or giving reinforcements
[15:11] <Bootstoots> yeah, probably...what are our attacking forces like?
[15:11] <Bootstoots> they probably don't have more than that spear, btw
[15:11] <Cheetah> that city has been cut of from the rest of their empire since i investigated it in 90 AD
[15:11] <Cheetah> it only had that spear then, and they only have that spear now
[15:12] <theWizard> nice...
[15:12] <Cheetah> lets see
[15:12] <Cheetah> Starting the bombardment of Santopia :D
[15:12] <theWizard> woohoo!
[15:13] <theWizard> Results?
[15:13] <Cheetah> our great and feared Doughnut-Throwers are attacking
[15:13] <theWizard> lol
[15:13] <Cheetah> failed
[15:13] <theWizard> :\
[15:13] <Bootstoots> argh, Oct ate the ammunition again :s
[15:13] <theWizard> lol
[15:13] * Cheetah makes a mental note to complain about or siege weapons throwing doughnuts. I knew it would be better with bread!
[15:14] <theWizard> lol
[15:14] <Bootstoots> what troops do we have attacking Santopia?
[15:14] <Bootstoots> lol
[15:14] <Cheetah> our Archer, "Insert Clever Pun Here", what shall we do with him?
[15:15] <theWizard> Defend the doughnut thrower.
[15:15] <Bootstoots> are we sending any more troops to Santopia?
[15:15] <theWizard> how many are there?
[15:15] <Cheetah> we have one doughnut thrower, one clever pun and one mountain man attacking Santopia right now. I can direct Med Infs and extra pikes to be there for the attack next turn.
[15:16] <theWizard> Can we attack the city now?
[15:16] <Bootstoots> we should probably put a med inf or two near Santopia, so that we can perhaps take the city next turn
[15:16] <Cheetah> so how many Med Infs and/or pikes do you want against Santopia next turn?
[15:16] <Bootstoots> how many do we have that can reach in one turn?
[15:17] <theWizard> Hmm...
[15:17] <Cheetah> theWizard: only offensive units at Santopia are the archer and doughnut-thrower. the doughnut-thrower just failed, and i dont think the archer will do much better :/
[15:17] <theWizard> Has Oct renamed those units, or are you just making names?
[15:17] <Cheetah> Bootstoots: as many as you'd like :p
[15:17] <Cheetah> he has renamed them
[15:17] <theWizard> lol
[15:18] <Bootstoots> let's bring over two med infs, with them I think we should be able to take the city on the next turn
[15:18] <Cheetah> ok. 3 Med Infs and 1 Horse can be ready to attack Santopia next turn. How many do we want to send to Santopia?
[15:18] <Cheetah> 2 Med Infs against a fortified Elite Spearman in a town on Hills?
[15:19] <theWizard> And a doughnut thrower, and a archer.
[15:19] <Cheetah> well yes
[15:19] <Bootstoots> 4 offense against 3.5 defense, right?
[15:19] <Cheetah> though i dont think they will make much difference
[15:19] <Cheetah> hm
[15:19] <Cheetah> let me think
[15:19] <Cheetah> hills: +50%
[15:20] <theWizard> So it's 4.5
[15:20] <theWizard> No, sorry, 3
[15:20] <Bootstoots> spear has 2 defense
[15:20] <Cheetah> fortified: +25%
[15:20] <theWizard> I remembered it was a pike...
[15:20] <theWizard> 2.5
[15:20] <Cheetah> no its spear
[15:21] <theWizard> Argh.
[15:21] <theWizard> Umm...
[15:21] <Cheetah> is everything calculated out of the base defense, or does it stack?
[15:21] <theWizard> stack, AFAIK
[15:21] <Bootstoots> stack?
[15:22] <theWizard> Like 2+50% = 3
[15:22] <Cheetah> Defense (stacking): (2 * 1.5) * 1.25 = 3.75
[15:22] <theWizard> whoa!
[15:23] <theWizard> So, maybe 3 Med infs would be wise?
[15:23] <Cheetah> Defense (not stacking): 2 + 2 * 0.5 + 2 * 0.25 = 3.50
[15:23] <Cheetah> Defense (stacking): (2 * 1.5) * 1.25 = 3.75
[15:23] <Cheetah> so does it stack or dont stack?
[15:24] <theWizard> I dunno.
[15:24] <theWizard> I have always thought it stacks, but now as you ask it...
[15:24] <theWizard> I just dunno.
[15:24] <Bootstoots> I don't know, but it's only 1/4 of a point of defense
[15:24] <Bootstoots> just to be safe, you might want to add a third Med Inf
[15:25] <theWizard> yes.
[15:25] <Cheetah> well we have 3 Med Infs and 1 Horse who can get there next turn. What do we want to send?
[15:25] <Cheetah> k
[15:25] <Cheetah> sending 3 Med Infs. Should I send the Horse too?
[15:25] <theWizard> No, IMHO it's not necessary.
[15:25] <Bootstoots> sure
[15:25] <Cheetah> k
[15:26] <Cheetah> uh..
[15:26] <Bootstoots> ok, yeah, don't send the horse
[15:26] <Cheetah> hehe k :)
[15:26] <Bootstoots> particularly because it's just as strong as Insert Clever Pun Here ;)
[15:26] <theWizard> lol
[15:27] <Cheetah> ! - Just found an Elite Horseman two tiles west of Balance of Power, guarded by a Regular Pikeman
[15:27] <theWizard> GCA?
[15:27] <Cheetah> yes
[15:27] <theWizard> Hm.
[15:27] <Bootstoots> hmm...should we wait to see if they will use it as a counterattack or pull back to BoP?
[15:28] <theWizard> Whadda ya mean?
[15:29] <Bootstoots> should we wait to see if they're going to attack us with the horse or pull it back to BoP? ;)
[15:29] <Cheetah> - That makes the probable total number of GCA troops west of Balance of Power to 1 Elite Horseman, 1 Veteran Pikeman, 1 Regular Pikeman and 1 Elite Spearman. Excluding the Elite Spearman in Santopia
[15:29] <Cheetah> - That makes the probable total number of GCA troops west of Balance of Power to 1 Elite Horseman, 1 Veteran Pikeman, 1 Regular Pikeman and 1 Elite Spearman. Excluding the Elite Spearman in Santopia
[15:29] <Cheetah> will stop spamming now :]
[15:29] <theWizard> lol
[15:29] <Bootstoots> I was about to kick you too :p
[15:30] <Cheetah> hm
[15:30] <Cheetah> all our units are in stacks defended by Pikemen
[15:30] <Cheetah> except a few horses
[15:31] <Bootstoots> ok
[15:31] <Cheetah> hm
[15:31] <theWizard> So, what danger are we in
[15:31] <theWizard> ¨?
[15:31] <Cheetah> we acctualy have 4 Med Infs we can send to Santopia. Should I send a fourth?
[15:31] <Cheetah> none, IIRC
[15:32] <theWizard> Nope.
[15:32] <theWizard> Thee should do it.
[15:32] <theWizard> *three
[15:32] <theWizard> With the clever pun.
[15:32] <Bootstoots> will it distract us from another city to send the fourth?
[15:32] <Bootstoots> or divert us
[15:33] <Cheetah> Except Balance of Power, there is only Santopia and Port Blacksand left. Port Blacksand will probably be disbanded by GCA next turn, if not it will be overrun by two Horsemen, 3 Med Infs and 1 Pike
[15:34] <theWizard> NIce.
[15:34] <Bootstoots> then we might as well send the fourth Med Inf
[15:34] <theWizard> Yes... just to be sure.
[15:34] <Bootstoots> we'll probably need to cooridinate our attack on BoP with Poly for maximum power
[15:35] <Cheetah> In 3 turn a galley can be at the coast outside former Santopia, and transport 2 of our units (if they are still there) to the front in two turns
[15:35] <theWizard> nice.
[15:35] <Bootstoots> ok, wouldn't it be faster to send the stack back under its own power, or are you talking about other units?
[15:35] <Cheetah> uh
[15:36] <Cheetah> no im talking about our units who will be attacking Santopia
[15:36] <Cheetah> if they shall walk from Santopia to Balance of Power, it will take them 5 turns. By galley it will take 2
[15:37] <Bootstoots> ok, but it will take 3 turns to send the galley, right?
[15:37] <Cheetah> just so you know we can get those units at Santopia back to the front quickly
[15:37] <Cheetah> yes
[15:37] <Cheetah> hm
[15:37] <Bootstoots> so it doesn't really matter either way
[15:37] <Cheetah> maybe that destroys my argument :p
[15:37] <Cheetah> k
[15:37] <Cheetah> sending the Med Infs
[15:37] <Cheetah> hm... strange
[15:38] <Cheetah> when did Horsemen learn to walk from mountain to mountain to grassland to grassland in just one turn?
[15:38] <Bootstoots> when they have roads on them?
[15:38] <Cheetah> nope
[15:38] <theWizard> ?
[15:38] <Bootstoots> well, that's certainly strange
[15:38] <Cheetah> when i manage to read the goto-number wrongly :p
[15:38] <theWizard> Say it again.
[15:39] <Bootstoots> are you talking about our horses?
[15:39] <Cheetah> yes
[15:39] <Cheetah> never mind
[15:39] <Bootstoots> lol
[15:39] <Cheetah> just me mocking up
[15:39] <theWizard> lol
[15:39] <theWizard> nice.
[15:39] <theWizard> Many units still to move?
[15:40] <Cheetah> nope
[15:40] <Cheetah> none
[15:40] <theWizard> MM our cities well, then.
[15:40] <Cheetah> just going to look through the cities again, to make sure none of them riots like last time I played :p
[15:40] <theWizard> Good.
[15:42] <theWizard> Take screenies then.
[15:43] <Cheetah> will do
[15:46] <Cheetah> everything looks ok
[15:46] <theWizard> nice.
[15:46] <theWizard> I g2g, then.
[15:46] <Cheetah> managed to get 3 more food out of shen ling :)
[15:46] <theWizard> :/
[15:46] <Cheetah> cya
[15:46] <theWizard> See ya!
[15:47] <Cheetah> oh
[15:47] Quits: theWizard (~azy@I.love.Jesus) (Quit: Bye bye. )
[15:47] <Cheetah> just one question!
[15:47] <Cheetah> bah
[15:47] <Cheetah> Bootstoots: are you here?
[15:48] <Bootstoots> yeah
[15:48] <Cheetah> our workers
[15:48] <Cheetah> where do we want them?
[15:48] <Bootstoots> I don't know, whereever looks good, I guess
[15:49] <Bootstoots> g2g
[15:49] <Cheetah> hehe k
End of Turn Chat

Notes from DP
I don't think doughnuts has very much effect against fortified elite spearme. Suggest we switch to something a bit more usefull, old bread or something. :p

CFC Mainlands

Attachments

• map ad 130 - cfc mainlands.jpg
    map ad 130 - cfc mainlands.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 129
GBM, I think that the stack you speak of is even better-- 1 pike and 2 Med Infantry. :D Add the two Horsemen nearby, and Port Blacksand will be history soon.

Cheetah, great work on closing in on Santopia. That city should fall next turn, with or without Lucky's help. And the reason I didn't charge the Horsemen to Port Blacksand last turn is that I wanted those units safe. That elite Horseman in the forest could still come in by road and attack our Horsemen. Who knows what else the fog of war is hiding?

All in all, I am not too worried. We should have our land free of GCA cities within 2-3 turns and should be able to make our move on BoP immediately thereafter.

I don't think they'll move the pikes into Port Blacksand; they're probably being withdrawn to BoP like the other units.

Boots knows the ones I'm talking about. Lets Just hope they do go to BoP instead of BlackSand.

Oh, and Now I am your official Supreme Ruler (TM)! Erm, President.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
Boots knows the ones I'm talking about. Lets Just hope they do go to BoP instead of BlackSand.

Oh, and Now I am your official Supreme Ruler (TM)! Erm, President.

Be nice GBM. I dont want you to become a Power-Hungry Beast :scared:.

Nice, so we have the chanse of getting 2 GCA cities captured / destroyed next turn? Cool!

Apolyton has contacted me again, this time with a concern regarding GCA. Apolyton is now theorizing that GCA is planning an escape via galley, possibly to the islands south of Kuangbiao Hainan. They especially fear that GCA will found a city on that four tile island, and fill up all the tiles with warriors and such, effectively preventing an invasion until marines come about. GCA could very well settle that island and stay at war with Apolyton and Fanatikou until that point, which would kill us with war weariness.

We're to watch the coasts and prevent all gallies from crossing, if it all possible.

Hmm, why not create a navy of Galleys to blockade the GCA's Coastal cities.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Hmm, why not create a navy of Galleys to blockade the GCA's Coastal cities.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm, because if it's not, you need to re-evaluate your strategy. It would take well over a half-dozen such units to effectively blockade all of their remaining coastal cities. We do not have the resources for such an undertaking.

Besides, galleys are not intended for such a strategy. They are better at defending themselves rather than attacking other galleys. It is best to use them for exploration and transportation, not naval warfare.

We should send up to three settlers and at least 1 worker over to that isle as quickly as possible to prevent anyone from settling it.

The problem is, there are two isles. The smaller, 4 tile one is the one we should be concerned about, as that's the one that can be blockaded in such as way as to create a war that would last until the Industrial Age.

We'll just have to finish GCA off real quick. ;)

Hmm... Maybe we should settle both of them ASAP. Put one settler to both islands and then watch GCA come around and realise we were there first...:)

Sorry I haven't been following this closely so this is probably a stupid question, but is anyone playing the Scandanavians? If so, and if GCA does indeed get the 4 tile island, can we pay them to go clean it off with 'zerks?

One would have to be a determined obsessive-compulsive to grab an island and stay in the game hitting enter just to keep blood enemies in perpetual WW. If there is any chance they're that crazy (as the history seems to bear out) then settling the islands asap sounds like a dandy plan, as does focusing on wiping out their coastal towns first.

no scandinavians. :(

Originally posted by DaveShack
One would have to be a determined obsessive-compulsive to grab an island and stay in the game hitting enter just to keep blood enemies in perpetual WW. If there is any chance they're that crazy (as the history seems to bear out) then settling the islands asap sounds like a dandy plan, as does focusing on wiping out their coastal towns first.

Welcome to Lucky's World(from GCA). :lol: I truly believe that he is determined to do just that. He will have to put together at least two galleys to pull this off.

If this a legitimate threat, then we should send our Shen Ling settler to 4 Tile Island immediately, along with a pike. Then we should divert an offensive unit or two toward the coast to be picked up by the galley.

Once we have a city there, we can foil this plan. And if GCA ends up passing the 4 Tile island for the larger one, I don't think he can secure it.

Top Bottom