1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 137 - 170 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

We gave Netatolia 75 Gold and will get Monotheism back. We can not trade it to GWT in the next 30 turns.

Tried to move our forces at the front closer together before sending them down to Port Blacksand.

Switched a few of our cities to Pikemen as I think we need more of them.

Sent the settler to Cha Ching so it can go on and settle in the east.

Sent the Pike in Shen Ling to Zhi Gang and sent the Pikes there to Kuangbiao Haian, to join the galley next turn to transport them in the smallest island.

Attacked the norhern barb with a pike and won.

I have chatlogs from #demogame_cfc_msdg, and also from my chat with Netatolia and from our embassy-channel were Trip and Arnelos of Apolyton were present. Will try to post them.

--- A little burst of frustration: ---

And as a last note - as a citisen I DEMAND more activity from some officials and hopefully our citisens as well!

I want plans and polls for where we will be putting cities! I want some better discussion of our military campaign, the islands and our production!

I've broken a couple of rules in our constitution today, if someone want to start an investigation or remove me from office or something, lets hear it. If not I would like us to rewrite the constitution a bit.

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Western Part of Continent:

Attached Files:

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

CFC Mainlands

Attached Files:

4. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

CFC Eastern Lands

Attached Files:

5. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I hope Monotheism was at least forwarded to Apolyton. We still have a deal to keep with them, and we owe it to them to send it ASAP.

On a nother note, perhaps it's time to reconsider our approach to GCA. It shold be obvious to them that they are going to lose. I suggest we contact them, demanding their surrender. If they accept, we simply tell them that they will be allowed to vacate the continent peacefully, to relocated to the CGN-GWT continent, NOT to the Hainan Islands. We want to prevent the WW terror scenarios. Of course, it would be imperative that we disucss this course of action with Apolyton before making any moves diplomatically.

Domestically, we're on the right course. We should hold discussion soon for planning into the far future - city placement, research plans, possibilities for movement of palace, and possibilites for FP placement.

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Interesting Oct. Give them safe pasage off the island ;)

7. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

I don't think there is any reason for GCA to accept that. First of all, is there any way that they can get to the CGN-GWT continent other than being gifted cities (or getting really lucky with a suicide galley)? Also, I know that if I were them I would rather fight it out to the last and try the WW stunt, resorting to asking GWT for a city or two on their continent only if it was apparent that I was going to being wiped off the planet imminently. If we want to allow them to surrender, it might be better to actually let them have one of the Hainan Islands, on the condition that they will not settle anywhere on the main continent and that we be allowed to keep a stack of defensive troops in a strategic spot on their island to prevent WW scenarios...however surrender even on those terms is not likely to be accepted.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

My wife must've put some halucinogens in my supper, because I swear I just read something about offering GCA the chance to survive. This is a team that has had such incredible good fortune in combat throughout the entire game that even Mongoose himself is somewhat suspicious. I have heard that Apolyton has yet to win a battle against them! GCA has managed to kill off more than a dozen Numidian Mercenaries with horsemen!

They razed our town to the ground in the unprovoked attack that started our war with them and they had the gall to attempt to hide their treachery from us under the guise of renewing our peace treaty. Not to mention that our Elucidian immigrants probably don't want to see us show any mercy either.

The only peace we should offer them is that which comes when the spirit finally departs the body.

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Amen to that!!!!!

10. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I'm simply saying that, considering how many cities they've abandoned, we're bound to come up against a huge stack from these cities that could very possibly wipe out the entirety of the Apolytonian and Fanatikese army. And, if they do pull the WW stunt, we won't be able to get into a representative government for the next hundreds of turns! This will put the entire continent waaaaaay back technologically for the entirety of the game.

I simply think it's not a bad idea to impose a harsh peace on GCA. They have to leave the continent, and won't be allowed to interfere in any of the continent's affairs, ever again.

11. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Octavian, they won't go for it nor will Apolyton or most of us.

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

We did promise CDG......

13. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I was rushed away from the computer before I could send away the save! So instead of saving some hours playing it instead of GBM, I wasted even more.

I'm very sorry for this. :(

14. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Let me show you this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56245
    That is my homepage. I like to have it as a little reminder.

The only haggle with Cheetah I can have is the inefficiency with the galley. if you'd moved the galley out of KH to the square SW, we still could of loaded the 2 spearmen, but gotten to the Icy Iron Island one move sooner. Which adds up, as time is against us. Try to learn the finer points of MMing.

Otherwise, thats some excellent ambassadorial work you had there. VERY impressed :goodjob:

15. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

The galley will reach the island in the same time, wether it moved and picked up the Pikes or stayed and waited for them. Two turns to sail to the island, and when it arrives on turn two, we can unload the pikes.

16. Gingerbread Man

A chat I had with Cheetah earlier:

17. Gingerbread Man

As for the issue of PIing you - I have so much disreguard for our law. It is rather pathetic, and I'd be embarrassed if any other team saw how our team is running. Please, dont PI Cheetah, as I would have done exactly the same as he would have.

I would prefer a completely new system, with the only thing remaining the length of the terms, and the available offices. Instead of voting for every decision, each candidate declares their policy for the department they are running for. By voting that person in office, you are ratifying their policies, and when the situation arises, they act on those policies. No 24hr, or 48hr, votes.

So what do the citizens do? Make themselves heard. If the citizens offer a fair poll, with pre-poll discussion then poll, it is a crime for the office to ignore it.

As need for new policies arise, e.g. a revised expansion plan, a more detailed version of a previous policy, or a completely new policy, the departments declare pre-poll discussion then poll. They act by the results.

Do you like utter democracy? Then vote for the people whose policies involve more citizen votes. Like efficiency? Then vote for the people with more involved policies.

I will be rewriting the constitution, pre-poll discussing it, and then polling it. We desperately need a new constitution, and the later we do it, the poorer our ingame performance will be.

18. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Chat Log from #demogame_cfc_msdg (including GBM's log):

19. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Chat Log from #demogame_cfc_embassy:

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Chat Log from #idsg-embassy2 (our embassy room at CGN's server):