1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 138 - 190AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Gingerbread Man, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

I did quite a lot of micromanaging this turn. I did a bit of Yndy's list, but concentrated more on Medieval infantry than Marketplaces. The war isn't over yet, and I think we're underestimating GCA's power.

Next turn the two pikemen will reach Greenland (The icy one). In four turns, a settler will be landed on Iceland (The green one). I will also be amalgamating our army into one stack of doom to take Blacksand. Our offensive units will be more effectively defended that way.

I want to post pictures, but so far no-one has told me how to update the secure server. Instead of taking pictures of every individual city, I took screenies of Domestic and Military instead, which gives you virtually the same info, except for laborer placement. Request for more detailed pictures.

The Fanatikou were a troubled tribe. Ever since the beginning of their existance, things were turning on them. Their first friends betrayed them, crippling the nation for two thousand years. The Fanatikou were feeling a change in the wind.

The feud between Fanatikou and their blood enemy, the evil GameCatcher Alliance, had already cost them their closest friend. Yet an even greater ally was to come by, this one by the name of Markos of Apolyton. He and his mercenaries promised to re-adjust the balance of power. What they had started was the collapse of Lucky the 'Lucky', the tyrant in charge of the Evil Alliance.

This gave the Fanatikou the opportunity to build a great army. Great hordes emerged from Shen Ling, inciting so much fear into the Catcherians that they ran and hid. However, they all assembled in their last stronghold, ready to create disarray. This was to be the greatest test that Fanatikou was to face.

2. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Sounds nice. :goodjob:

How many turns are there left on Monotheism? It would be important to know.

3. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

BTW, did you remember to send Monotheism to Poly? What did you start to research?

4. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Hm, I should check my memory or something, I forgot to send out the AD 170 saves. :-/

Anyway, this looks good. Except for the names of the islands. I wanted the big green one to be called Greenland, and the little icy one to be called Iceland...

5. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Cheetah, take a look at greenland and iceland here on earth ;)

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I know croxis :)

Still, I would still like these islands to be named the way Greenland and Iceland SHOULD have been named in RL :p

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

GBM, find and downlad a FTP client, and contact me sometime in the chatroom. I'll try to direct you from there. :)

8. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

As far as the naming of the Islands go, I agree with Cheetah. Whoever named them in R/L did a "balls up".

9. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Sorry, I forgot to send on monothesism. It just didn't cross my mind.

And Octavian - next time I see you in chat, you can guide me through the process

10. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Cyc: Well, as I've heard it (I'm not sure if this is just facts, or just a story.) when people (norwegians :) ) came to Iceland, it was such a nice place that they wanted it for themself. They named the island Iceland to make it sound like a barren and cold place, so no one else would come and settle.

When someone later came to Greenland and settled there, they wanted more people to join them. So they called it Greenland, to make it sound like a fertile and nice place. :p

11. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Actually, IIRC, there's a nice rundown in the old Term 3 Instruction thread, where ever it is...

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

It was unstickied IIRC.

13. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    Are we going to create an enmass of Med Inf to attack GCA's Cities?

14. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

There is ONE city left pledging allegiance to the Gamecatcher Alliance. We shouldn't build more Med Infs than what we need.

15. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

I checked last turn's save, and unless the situation has changed we have an average military compared to GCA, despite their being down to only one city. BTW, what city is the last one remaining? Is it Port Blacksand?

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Yes. Port Blacksand.

Their assumed strength is 6 offensive units, 1 Veteran Horseman, 1 Elite Spearman and 3 Veteran Pikes.

17. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hmm... nice. :) We can surround them and put up a siege with Poly to keep them where they are until we get troops to destroy them. :nya: