Turn 146 - 300 AD

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
The save is here.

Forta = size 6, so a settler should be possible.

I playtested in another game; disbanding a galley gains 7 shields. Disbanding an MDI gains 10 shields, Disbanding an AC gains 10 shields.

If we capture Forta and there aren't troops north of Forta, we can switch it to a settler, disband 3 landunits or 5 galleys or galleys + 1 landunit to have it complete a settler.

The JT can pillage the tile, and perhaps the AC can move NE and pillage, or NW and fight trooops that are north of Forta.

The south: The most northern CGN = 1 GS + Barclay Wannabe. On the south coast are 2 stacks of about 6 GS's and about 6 MW's. I propose to slaughter as many as we can, so we can delay abandoning East Point as late as possible.
Alternative is to not kill any CGN + CDZ troops so they have more units to change sides and go for C3B. I know the odds of that are long; but it seems our only chance.

East Point: We should try to decimate the CGN stack that has wandered into our ambush. If successful, it is important that our troops retreat to their current positions which would then be free from attack from the next wave of CDZ MW's. 4-5 will be left out in the open, though --- one of then should be the JT (if he is victorious in battle).

Our troops in the NW should continue their trek toward East Point to wage a final ambush defense.

I would like to see one of our Elite AC's generate a Great Leader. Then maybe we can get a Pike Army in East Point?

As far as Fortaleza is concerned, it looks like the people have spoken. I say we go for the Settler/galley plan, and try to defend the ruins with any remaining MIs. If we pillage the southern roads,we will get the upper hand against C3B's Immortals by playing defense.

Rik, I am available to play the save once these issues are discussed, but I will need the save. Perhaps we should ask for an extension at the UN?

we need at least 4 cities to have an army.

I mean, I don't know how it factors but I thought it would be good to note.

The turn is played.

Battle for Fortaleza

4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 Immortal in Fortaleza: MDI dead, Immo 2/4.
4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 Immortal in Fortaleza: Immo dead, MDI 1/4.
4/4 MDI Vs 3/3 Spear in Fortaleza: Spear killed without a scratch.
4/4 MDI Vs 2/4 Immo in Fortaleza: Immo killed without a scratch.
3/3 MDI Vs 3/3 Warrior in Fortaleza: MDI dead, warrior unscratched.
4/4 MDI Vs 3/3 Warrior in Fortaleza: Warrior dead, MDI 1/4 Fortaleza captured.

Switch Production to settler. There is no way we can hold this city for more than 1 turn. Disband 3 reg galleys for 21 shields and 1 reg MDI for another 10 so the Settler is ready next turn.
Moved all damaged galleys (2) into Forta. If we can keep it longer; some might heal. Send the healthy galeys into the lake.

JT pillages the road tile after being renamed "We shall Survive"
AC moves into Fortaleza.

Renamed Fortaleza: "CFC never surrenders !"

East Point sector

5/5 Elite AC Vs 4/4 GS "PVT White": AC wins; 4/5. Worker captured and renamed "Barclay Wannabe Again"
4/4 Horsman Vs 4/4 GS "Rhiannon": Horse dead, GS 3/4.

Send the remaining forces onto safe tiles, closer to East Point where possible.

Sea battle
3/3 Galley Vs 1/4 CDZ galley: CFC galley looses and sinks.

And this is the way we've become the fastest growing civ in the world; we have more than doubled our pop and city count !

Here's a thought, if we have an extra galley maybe we should send one scurrying so maybe they don't know which one has the settler? Too bad we probably wouldn't have time to make TWO settlers. :lol:

There are 6 (or 5) galleys in the lake and 2 in "CFC never surrenders". I'm trying to hold Fortaleza as long as possible. However, the 6 unit strong Immo stack can reach the tiles within the borders next turn. There's no chance against at least 6 Immo's.

We still have East Point though.

Rik Meleet said:
And this is the way we've become the fastest growing civ in the world; we have more than doubled our pop and city count !
Woot! We should party! [party]

Nice idea, DaveShack. Although the five galleys in the lake might give it away.

We need to raze Fortaleza as soon as we get into that lake.

Rik Meleet said:
Just a simple irght-mouse button click reveals it all.

Thanks for your enthousiasm.

When playing AI's units inside boats don't show in the right click menu, nor do units inside cities -- isn't this also true for MP?

DS is right here, Rik, you are wrong, we may very well hide that settler.

Top Bottom