1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 162 - 460 AD **PLAYED**

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Donovan Zoi, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I have the save, but would like us to decide on something first:

Do we want to send accepted peace to GCA now?

The facts:

* GCA have made it clear that they will not send accepted peace so the ball is in oir court.

* Per mongoose's ruling, if there have been no hostilities for over 5 turns, then he will usually request that peace be made to remove unnecessary War Weariness. That is the case here.

* There is still a GCA Galley fouling our shores, and will remain there indefinitely if we choose to secure immediate peace. However, Apolyton has two Galleys nearby and will attack if GCA tries anything with its one spear.

Note: Per Consul Trip at Apolyton, GCA has unloaded its spear near Poly's Silk colony. Also, Apolyton has made peace arrangements with GCA as of last turn, so this is a peacetime move by GCA in unclaimed territory.

* Making peace could help our happiness situation a great deal. Currently unhappiness will not allow a city(with access to 4 Luxuries, mind you) to grow past Size 6. I have a feeling that immediate peace will help this number and allow us to grow our core cities even more, and coming just in time for our upcoming Marketplace cities.

----

If I haven't sent you the 460 AD save by now, look for it shortly. I will be back in 3-4 hours and will play the save if there is a unanimous support either for or against peace. Otherwise, I will request for a short delay and will play tomorrow once this is resolved.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
    President of Fanatikou

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

You "have a feeling"?

Dude, click an unhappy guy and if he complains of war then we can make peace. If he only complains of crowding than you're fired.

3. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Like, make peace, dude.

-- Ravensfire

4. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Peace!

5. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

Peace. It isn't like we are going to sink that galley this turn.

Even if we do plan on sending it to the bottom of the ocean in a few turns and then getting spearman blood all over that nice silk (I hate to see silk get messy) it doesn't change the fact that we stand to lose nothing by accepting peace now.

6. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I checked reasons for unhappieness, and it doesn't look like WW is an issue.

Looks like a bunch of stuff is unreliable in MP, for example the F7 wonder screen? Also the culture graph looks way out of whack.

I think peace would be OK. No immediate "need", but it wouldn't seem to hurt.

7. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Very well, turn has been played. :)

Here are some details. And if anyone has some screenshot freeware they could recommend, I(and the rest of Fanatikou ;) ) would greatly appreciate it. I will once again try to access my old computer to get you some screenies tomorrow, and appreciate your patience during this aggravating transition.

Accepted Peace sent to GCA: Let's see what happens. It looks like peace may not affect our happiness issues after all, but as it has been stated here it won't hurt.

3 out of 6 Tiles improved around Xin Yun Feng: We now have one mined Iron mountain and two irrigated grasslands around the city. Another mountain will complete a mine in 3 turns, and workers will begin to mine two bonus grasslands next turn. My estimate is that in 2 turns we can start to join workers to the city, with Xin Yun Feng at a fully operational Size 6 within 4 turns.

Marketplaces to complete next turn: Two Marketplaces, one in Shen Ling and one in Jiang Mapi, will finally be complete next turn. This will bring a considerable amount of gold and happiness to these cities, and will allow us to grow each to Size 8 quickly. My plan is to have Shen Ling reach Size 8 naturally and to join at least two workers to Jiang Mapi. Those who are concerned with my removing some crews from the workforce can take heart in the fact that most of our core cities have more than enough fully improved tiles to go around, so the immediate need for workers is at a minimum. Plus the immediate boost in population will allow us to reach new highs in gpt and production levels.

Apolyton to give us Invention next turn: Per our agreement, Apolyton will give us Invention next turn as it has finally been discovered by GWT. It seems that going forward, this will be the order of the day. The reason for this is that since Apolyton has a moderate tech lead on GWT/GCA, it is not in the best interest of our alliance to pass an advanced tech around, as it only decreases the value for GWT.

For instance, Poly is scheduled to discover Education in 5 turns. While Trip has confirmed that we would be due that tech, I have told him that I will discuss a delay of transfer with the people of Fanatikou. I also told him that we are interested in tech parity by Astronomy(or at least Navigation) so that we may field an adequate navy, as well as be able to contemplate overseas assistance to CGN. Please look for a more detailed thread dedicated to this tomorrow, which will then be followed by a poll.

Please post your questions or concerns here. And please bear with the technical difficulties as far as screenies go. As I have delivered the saves as promised, I will do the same for pictures.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
    President of Fanatikou

8. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Ok. Are we getting Theology from Apolyton anytime soon? And should we go for Printing Press after that?

Other than that things look good. I don't like to have few units, I don't like to disband workers, but if we get them back later in the game I am supportive of it.

9. bluice

bluice Chieftain

I would like say that I haven't been around here long, though I read the Brief History posted (btw- great stuff, pls, pls keep it updated:goodjob: )

But from reading the history I have come to the conclusion that GCA is not to be trusted. And to not put it past Apolyton to conspire an insidious backstabbing alliance. I wish not to stir up our neighbours as I am still a rookie here and don't want to make enemies amongst our own.

10. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Actually, we are already on the 40-turn path to Printing Press(36 to go). We got Theology from CGN a few turns ago and are currently paying 8gpt(100g paid upfront) for it with 20 turns of a Lux to be named later, once our harbors are connected.

And I appreciate the concern for our loss of workforce. The good news is that each joined(don't think of it as disbanded :) )worker will give us back 1gpt of unit support, not to mention the substantial tile benefits of the city it joins. And since I plan to have two worker farms, we will be able to replenish them at a fairly decent rate.

As far as military goes, we are almost to the point where we can consider building up a small battalion of Riders.

11. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

bluice,

I do not wish to paint Apolyton in too bad of a light, but their relative strength at this time(80 units to 30) has us a bit paranoid. ;) If things do go south, there is a 10 turn neutrality clause in the terms of our Alliance, meaning hostilities would not begin until 10 turns after the alliance was broken.

Since you have expressed interest in a future in Foreign Affairs, I welcome you to visit our FA thread. Minister Zarn is currently looking for a deputy. :)

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Looks like we really are getting upwards here. :D

Are we planning on building any new cities anytime near? I think it would be a good idea to get a few more in the East and North, the unclaimed terriory is useles otherwise. And also if we wanna give Poly any challenge, we should get a few cities fast.

13. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

What did we set Xiang Zhou and Daoyu Leisheng to start building? I'm not sure what are strategy is right now for these two areas.

What are our goals this term for the Greenland and Iceland islands?

14. Hygro

Before we really build riders, I want our lands filled in.

And I still want Balance of Power.

15. bluice

bluice Chieftain

Apolyton will have to inevitably form a Communism government to stabilise corruption of such a broad and spacy continent, we should be discreetly devising a "flash cripple plan" to come in to effect when Apolyton turn our way.

Have they the Forbidden Palace yet?

16. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

We all want balance of Power and I think we should trade for it.

17. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I love all of the questions and comments. :D Please, keep 'em coming. Unfortunately, I don't have time to respond to them all at the moment, but should get a chance tonight.

One thing I do know is that we will not get Balance of Power without seriously hampering our relations with Apolyton. Our growth plan will take about 35-45 turns and we need to be as cordial as possible with our ally during that time.

All other questions will be addressed tonight. :)

18. Hygro

Let's buy it for 400 gold

19. bluice

bluice Chieftain

Don't forget to address my Communism (Corruption) issue please Mr President....?

And how about about the idea of a "flash cripple plan"?

20. Hygro

Apolytan will have a well placed forbidden palace. They A) won't need communism, B) won't research communism.

What kind of "Flash Cripple Plan" do you have?