Turn 165 - 490 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
I have about 11 posts, so bear with me......... ;)

Webringen Conquers Agincourt!

PERRIS, NETATOLIA - The Netatolian city of Agincourt fell to the GWT/GCA alliance in 490 AD. This could be considered the first incursion into the Netatolian mainland.

Agincourt is probably best known as the former capital of Cervoise for the French participant, Grenouille.

Attachments

• ad490-aginct (2).jpg
    ad490-aginct (2).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 130
And here is a zoomed-out view of the northeastern mainland of Netatolia. It looks like the cities of Perris and Waterloo will be next on the list.

With this development, the need for talks between ourselves and CGN is more necessary than ever.

Attachments

• ad490-cgnwide (2).jpg
    ad490-cgnwide (2).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 184
The first thing you may notice at the center of our mainland is that two cities have been set for negative growth.

In Jiang Mapi, this has been done to get us a Marketplace in 6 turns instead of 8. In Xin Yun Feng, it has been done to maximize production for our FP or a Courthouse(more on this in a moment).

Both cities will be grown using workers so the loss of food is not important. And both cities will be pulled off of negative food well before starvation can occur.

Attachments

• ad490-starve (2).jpg
    ad490-starve (2).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 142
Speaking of Xin Yun Feng, this city will have two more workers added to it next turn, bringing its size to 6.

I have checked and we will only get 5 shields/pt out of this city, not 6 as I had hoped. This will get us the FP in 38 turns.

At Hygro's request, here is an internal screenshot of Xin Yun Feng.

Attachments

• ad490-xyf (2).jpg
    ad490-xyf (2).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 157
And here is another option. We can switch to a Courthouse, which can be rushed for 264 gold. This would be even less next turn(244g).

I would recommend borrowing 200g from Apolyton and repaying them 11gpt, so that we can rush the Courthouse. This could substantially increase out FP production time and possibly get us in the 20-25 turn range.

What do you think?

Attachments

• ad490-court264 (2).jpg
    ad490-court264 (2).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 117
I have other screenshots of other cities that I will post in about 2-3 hours. The save has been sent out and there is enough here to start some meaningful discussions, so please let me know your feelings on these latest developments, or anything you see in the save. :)

Go for the courthouse! Ask Apolytan for the loan.

Originally posted by Hygro
Go for the courthouse! Ask Apolytan for the loan.

Ditto:goodjob:

I second the second (or is it the third)

The idea of rushing the Courthouse is brilliant; let's go for it!:goodjob:

Interesting... luckily CGN has those landbridges so they don't need to defend more than 2 spots...

It's Ju Yaosai, not Jiang Mapi, that is gonna get the market in 6...:p

Interesting... luckily CGN has those landbridges so they don't need to defend more than 2 spots...

Let's not fall into that trap of thinking ourselves. Boats can carry troops past chokepoints ^_^

We can save about 10 turns by rushing a Courthouse. I think it's worth it if we can get the money.

I hope there are no delays in the save

Top Bottom