Turn 171 - 550 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Seven Oaks Falls..........!

.........or is abandoned. In my recent chat with Apolyton, they said something about Netatolia "falling back" to their capital with no imminent threat from GWT. So I would opt for the latter. Either way, things still don't look good in the West.

But, wait a minute......what is that new border in the lower right-hand corner? :confused:

Attachments

• ad550-sevenoaks (2).jpg
    ad550-sevenoaks (2).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 117
It's an Apolytonian city, that's what!

I will visit our allies ASAP to inquire about the significance of this city gifting.

Attachments

• ad550-orlando (2).jpg
    ad550-orlando (2).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 102
There is one small silver lining that stems from the demise of Seven Oaks. Our city of Shen Ling has, by default, re-entered the Top 5 Cities!

[party] :band: [dance]

Attachments

• ad550-top5shen (2).jpg
    ad550-top5shen (2).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 98
Our first and only Rider was dropped off on Greenland to bolster its meager defenses. Hopefully, this move will help alleviate fears of an unlikely GWT sneak attack. I plan to send more of these units to Greenland as they are built.

Attachments

• ad550-riderisle (2).jpg
    ad550-riderisle (2).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 95
Also, our troops took some target practice on the hapless Sakae encampment. Seeing that both of our attackers took damage from a defending Sakae Warrior and Horseman, I would say that our men need to run several more simulations before they are ready for prime time.

Attachments

• ad550-sakae (2).jpg
    ad550-sakae (2).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 119
With this in mind, I have decided to build a Barracks in Ju Jaosai once the Marketplace is completed next turn.

With an extra pop point coming from the NW worker, as well as a switch to the mined hill, I think it will be possible to get that Barracks in 2 turns by temporarily dipping into our food surplus.

Attachments

• ad550-juyao (2).jpg
    ad550-juyao (2).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 95
Finally, our Settler is fast approaching the ruins of Port Blacksand. Once this city is built, I plan to make it into a moderate worker farm so that it can help to build up the FP region.

You should also know that I started another Settler in Yun Qiuling, and we have a Settler due from Xiang Zhou in 3 turns. I believe this will be it for Settlers from our core cities, as I would like the rest to originate from the new cities. I will still try to find a way to get some workers built and ready.

Also, the three workers currently improving Cha Ching's last necessary tile will be free to help in about 3-4 turns. I think I wil have them start a roadnet to our next 2 cities, followed by irrigation for all three cities.

Attachments

• ad550-settler (2).jpg
    ad550-settler (2).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 83
And here are our Demographics. We are still in 4th in everything that matters, although we are now 3rd in Military service.

Attachments

• ad550-demog (2).jpg
    ad550-demog (2).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 128
INteresting city gifting there to Poly... wonder what they're planning...:hmm: Gotta find out.

Top Bottom