Turn 172 - 560 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Riots In the Streets!!

Our Dyes deal expired this turn, and unfortunately was automatically cancelled by the game. While I was able to scramble and luckily get Poly to re-send the save with Dyes attached, it still was too little too late.

Angry people took to the streets in Shen Ling, Jiang Mapi, Cha Ching and Xin Yun Feng. But with colorization of various items brought promptly back into our lives, the chaos subsided. We will be back to normal next turn.

I apologize for not pre-empting this crisis, and will be prepared for the next crisis when our Silks deal ends in 2 turns. It looks like I will need to boost the luxury rate on the turn preceding to offset this problem.

Attachments

• ad560-riots (2).jpg
    ad560-riots (2).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 112
Mixed Signals

As you can see, the people of Shen Ling are perfectly happy(or happy enough) at the beginning of the turn, yet production has entirely shut down. It seems that the unhappiness was calculated a split second before Dyes was renewed. That seems like a game flaw to me........ :(

If anyone has any ideas for how to handle our upcoming Silks renewal, besides the one that I have proposed in the first post, please let me know. :)

Attachments

• ad560-shen (2).jpg
    ad560-shen (2).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
Same for Xin Yun Feng. Happy enough, but rioted anyway...... :(

Attachments

• ad560-xyf_noriot (2).jpg
    ad560-xyf_noriot (2).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 115
On the International Front

For the first time in man turns, our domestic problems have pushed the GWT/CGN war to Page 2. ;)

And as always, there is something to report.

Gone is the CGN city of Seven Oaks, while GWT has humorously founded the city of Ruinview. In talks with Apolyton, it was said that CGN is bunkering down in Arhus and Floral Park, though I didn't get to confirm whether Seven Oaks was disbanded or conquered.

Attachments

• ad560-ruinview (2).jpg
    ad560-ruinview (2).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 112
And there's anoth GCA city swap afoot, as GCA has been lent the city of Zwiemeersblick(I think I spelled it right.....) ;)

EDIT: Nope, but I was close....... :lol:

Attachments

• ad560-gcazwiem (2).jpg
    ad560-gcazwiem (2).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 102
In even more big news, Apolyton has abandoned the city of Equilibrium, as promised. It may be a good idea to get a Settler up there soon, although this is not a pressing matter.

Attachments

• ad560-equilib (2).jpg
    ad560-equilib (2).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 82
We also have a city that still has 20 turns left for a Harbor. We can rush this for 80 gold, and we have about 240g. This city is close to Shen Ling and should bring a decent amount of commerce to our coffers. Almost enough to pay for the rush, in fact.

Any objections?

Attachments

• ad560-rushharbor (2).jpg
    ad560-rushharbor (2).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 98
Finally, our allies at Apolyton were gracious enough to temporarily dedicate a city to Strider, who is currently in the hospital after a terrible car accident.

You can post your good wishes to Strider, as well as receive updates on his condition, in this thread.

Attachments

• ad560-strider (2).jpg
    ad560-strider (2).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 91
:rant: :rant: :rant: Ahhh! The crowds are angry! ;)

I haven't another idea about how to fix the luxury bug. Looks like we'll need to do it the way you proposed. Interesting news from the war front. The GWT city is indeed humorously named. Also regarding Equilibrium; is that choke point ours now?

Originally posted by RegentMan
Also regarding Equilibrium; is that choke point ours now?

It's ours when we are ready to claim it. At this time, I really don't find it to be a high priority, as I would rather use our Settlers to build up our FP ring. We really don't have much use for the canal until we have some viable Harbor cities off the lake. :)

Weird bug on the Dyes, that never happens in SP... or then I just have enough happiness anyway. ;)

We should re-found Equilibrium quite soon though or Poly will regret they disbanded it now and did not wait more turns. I'd say send the next Settler we build there.

This just for political reasons. I agree it's not economicall right now but let's show them we care about the site.

Let's get the settler there, we can also that way cut Poly ff from the lux, which cn be then use as a bargain if they start to act aggresively.

I think that sounds like a good idea too...

Ankka, we aught to stop expecting Apolyton to be affressive. I think Octavian was on to something a longgg while back.

Hmm... Don't forget what I said when they come and sweep us from the face of earth...;)

No, well maybe I'm being paranoid...

If they choose to do that, than we loose, regardless. An aggressive diplomatic stance can only hurt (although a brownnosing stance wont help either). We should just be fair and deliberate and solid.

Top Bottom