Turn 181 science victory

Tor Persson

Chieftain
Hi.

I played a game as Nebuchadnezzar a month or so ago. Got a good start and tried to break my record at a quick speed, pangea, science focused game. I thought that the result was quite good, but I created this account just to ask about your opinions: is this result good or is it not? I have no idea, as I have never seen any other players play singleplayer.

Quite good regards

/Tor

181*1.5= 271.5 turns standard.

Quick is less forgiving. Maybe 260(from my experience) if we counsider this.

If you'd said Deity and standard speed, then we'd have known you were a dirty, dirty liar/cheater.

181 on Deity at Quick speed is impressive.

How many opponents were in the mix and how big was the map?

Small map, 5 opponents I think

If you wanna challenge try deity, standard, 7 opponents and sub 200 or maybe 210 SV :)

Anything less than 200 on quick is very good. Best I've seen is 160 by Klaskeren (link below). His start is insane. It would be very hard to get a better time that that. Would love to see more videos like it though with people focusing on optimal play - especially on more "average" starts.

More entertaining to watch than multiplayer games imo. If you know of any please post them!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523174

Hi.

I played a game as Nebuchadnezzar a month or so ago. Got a good start and tried to break my record at a quick speed, pangea, science focused game. I thought that the result was quite good, but I created this account just to ask about your opinions: is this result good or is it not? I have no idea, as I have never seen any other players play singleplayer.

Quite good regards

/Tor

What year was it at turn 181? I'm not familiar with quick, but most people would have a decent idea of the speed based on the year.

Oh you all just make me sick. I can't get a turn 500 victory on deity.

I don't even SEE turn 181.

I'll stomp your head on King though. :)

What year was it at turn 181? I'm not familiar with quick, but most people would have a decent idea of the speed based on the year.
Just use for formula:
Standard turn = quick turn * 500/330
Because the maximum number of turns on quick is 330.

Just use for formula:
Standard turn = quick turn * 330/500
Because the maximum number of turns on quick is 330.

Is that 330, or 300? And it would be quickturn * 500/330 or 300? I'm having a hard time finding that info, and the only source I found says 300. so 181 * 5/3.

I'm not sure what difficulty has to do with it. Quick game times and costs are 2/3 of standard approximately. Admittedly, not everything, for example deals are 25 turns not 20.

You could argue that its harder to achieve the same equivalent finish time though, and I agree, but that's not what I meant. I'm talking about the date or technology costs for example and these are 2/3 of standard.

Top Bottom