1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 187 - 710 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I took the liberty to play this save since our President is away for the time being.

I removed a Barbarian camp to the south and moved some units around. Very little happened.

I also sent 30 Gold to Apolyton just in case, and I checked how we are doing on our 40-turn research (that we haven't been researching on for many, many turns). We still need 25 turns more to research Printing Press.

Attached Files:

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Oh, and did you happen to see those ships outside our coast now? I thought you did. :)

Yes, that's our Invasion Force. Not to big, but the most we could put together within a reasonable timeframe. They are loaded and on their way. However, we don't know which way yet. I will investigate that matter further tomorrow.

Attached Files:

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

The Ministry of Defense would like the Foreign Ministry to get in contact with Apolyton and talk things over with them. And I suggest the Ministry of Domestic Affairs looks over build queues and such before we get the next turn.

Any comments? Ideas? Goodlooking targets?

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

We do have a scientist somewhere so that research is continuing turn by turn, right?

5. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Yea, I think that one scientist is me :p We must have if we are still going.

6. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Yeah, I think Emp is the new Science Minister because I won it but turned it down for JoC. Emp came in second to me so it makes sense that he's the MoS.

7. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Pshychological tactic: rename more (let's say 3 or 4) Riders with names of in-game (Military) Great Leaders. That will perhaps make GWT think we've got some leaders (from horsemen) which we turned into armies.

They perhaps even draw the conclusion this fleet is a diversion-force and our real invasion (using Rider-Armies) is planned somewhere else. It can have the effect that GWT will choose a wrong response to our invasion.

Be sure to rename only veteran units.... A regular renamed unit gives away the whole tactic.

8. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I think he ment that we need to have some way of getting science since we are working on a 40-turn path to Printing Press. If we had no sicence coming out of our cities we would not be reserching anything.

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

We haven't been researching anything for a long time.
    We have no scientist at work.

If we set a citisen to work next turn it will take us 25 turns to get Printing Press.

10. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

I think we should... we have to look ahead; beyond this war (that is if it all goes down)

11. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I second this. We need to keep reserching.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I like Rik's idea of tricking GWT into thinking we have had great leaders. But won't GCA be able to tell them otherwise?

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I didn't get to play the save yesterday, and will be away today. Sorry. Could domeone please PLAY THE TURN?