1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 19 - 3100 BC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Not much new...

Attached Files:

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Looks good, Octavian X. Can you tell me exactly where the Settler is going? Is it SW of the furs?

3. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

It's one of those hills next to that road, per this poll.

Any thoughts on what to build next?

4. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

What about a spearman? It looks like everybody agrees that our cap shouldn't have been left undefended.

5. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

defense should be built before we think of all else, warriors or spearmen for the two cities, after we build a couple of warriors in Sacred Forest, I would like to see another settler followed by another warrior/spearman and then a temple.

EA

6. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

I believe X marks the spot of our next city.

Attached Files:

7. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

We should build at least 4 more warriors (2 for defense of the two cities and another 2 for exploring to the north. We need to know with 100% certainty if we are indeed cut off from the rest of the world, before we spend valuable time and money researching Map Making.

If we are not on an island, then we should begin to research towards Horseback Riding so that we can get as many Horses (for future upgrades to Riders) as possible.

8. eyrei

eyrei Chieftain Retired Moderator

Since there is definately not a whole lot of land to the south, the warrior should go check if we are really on an island by investigating what could be a land bridge to the north.

9. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

particularly to that little river northeast of Sacred Forest. it looks like prime real estate for settler production centers.

EA

10. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Yes! The northern-most warrior should head west immediately! No discussion should be held on the matter. He should begin moving there yesterday!

We're essentially committed to building this settler now. Once complete (in 2 turns), we will find ourselves back to size 1. At size 1, I believe our best shield production will be at 3spt, meaning it will take us 4 turns to complete a warrior. Furthermore, since we'll be size 1 again, we won't even be able to rush completion. This means that it will be 6 turns before we are even able to defend our capitol!

Once that settler is built, we will be totally exposed and there's nothing we can do about it. Unless, we get really lucky, which I think we have been up to this point. I hope we don't press our luck too much.

Recall the Northern Warrior!

11. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Suggestion #2 - Irrigate the Deer!

Let's convert that Deer to Game and get some real food production in this city so that we can grow faster and start making many, many more settlers.

12. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

In fact, a warrior should have been built even before the settler started! Which is what I asked for 10 turns ago. If there IS a unit in the fog, then we have atleast 2-4 more turns to enjoy this game.

13. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Why the deer? It's 2 food, 2 shields. If we chop it down, it's 2 food, 1 shield... We're in despotism.

14. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I'm starting to think we are not on an island anymore.

I URGE to send a scout unit to the north.

15. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Irrigated Grassland with Game produces 4/0/1. With a road, it becomes 4/0/2 and if the grassland is enriched (not sure if this is even possible), it'll go to 4/1/2. Either way, the 4 food will allow our city to grow rapidly and with all the forest surrounding us, we should have no problems with production.

16. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

2 days without a new save...

17. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Yes, but that is in any later government. In despotism, irrigation on grassland does nothing. We should keep the games as are until we are in Rep/Monarchy.

18. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

You're mistaken Fier... In Despotism, that tile will produce 4 food if irrigated with game. If you have any doubt, test it.

19. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Ohh, well. I guess it is maybe different in the Mac 1.21g patch. We want 1.29something and the corresponding editor!