1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 193 - 770 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Donovan Zoi, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I am playing the turn, and will post info here shortly...........

2. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Actually, I sent a delay response to the UN, so we could discuss something.

I really believe that chiseling away at GCA is the way to go. I would like to send our Riders to the road shown below, so that we can pillage it, hopefully in three spots. Doing so will separate the two continents, will separate Wines from the GWT mainland(I think), and separate most luxes from GCA.

I also believe that allowing GCA to rebuild would be a mistake. Therefore I would like to propose that we use the movement value of our Riders in unclaimed terrain so that we can pick off GCA forces at will. IIRC, they don't have their Iron hooked up, so this may be the best time to strike.

Attacking GWT in its stronghold will bring our troops and unsatisfying stalemate at best, although Apolyton may be able to make a dent if it can land. Still, I think it would be best for us both to systematically work on GCA, and put the southern part of the continent in disarray. With the connecting roads torn down, GWT will have a rough time coming to save the day.

For our Riders, neutral territiory is key. We should use this to our advantage. Please let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Can someone please post my proposal in the alliance thread? I am having a hard time posting there. :( Also, tell Poly that our Dyes deal expired, and two of our cities are now rioting.

With Ankka's approval, I will play the save tomorrow afternoon EST(evening GMT).

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

It really is a hard choice :undecide:

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Land and pillage. Create that nuetral territory. Make a break in the road system. Disconnect the Luxs. And find out where they have the rum stashed...

6. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Actually, Hygro, it's not that hard. :) In neutral territory, we get 9 tiles movement(on roads) instead of 3 in GWT territiory. Plus you can bet that GWT will have key cities such as Ruhrport and Flammburg(sp?) guarded by Muskets, so victory will be a toss-up.

I would personally rather make measured advances with fewer casualties than put all our eggs in one basket. Let's try to surgically remove GCA from GWT. It then gives us a 3-to-1 alliance advantage, which we can exploit for tech advancement.

Most importantly, I do not wish to recognize the sovereignty of GCA's upstart nation. A two-front assault will send a clear message that we will not stand for such a thing.

Join me, Hygro, in trying to convince Apolyton of this strategy. I will try to unveil my 3 Point Plan for Victory over the next few days.

7. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Welcome back, Cyc! :D FYI, I see some Wines just off to the West of the above map. If we follow this plan, I will request that our Military Minister order the seizure of anything else they have stashed. ;)

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ok, I'll post it at the alliance forum...

And, I give you a full allowance to always play the save if you can. :)

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Are we sure that GCA doesn't have a harbor somewhere? If they don't, then this plan may work.

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I thought you could see the little tag above the city name if a city had a harbor...:hmm:

11. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

AAARRGH! Aye, matey. Now yer talkin' :viking: Let's go bust some landlubber arse! :hammer:

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Yes I know that. I'm just wondering if GCA has one (I guess I'll just check the save).

13. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

We need to attack GCA, we have a problem aginst them, not GWT IMHO. If we attack GWT they will destroy our troops.

14. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

GWT will help GCA.

But, I think what Donny proposed is a great idea, let's kill the South. And GCA with it.

15. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

If they do, less troops for APO to fight.

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Okay, I am now supporting a GCA invasion. Let's kick those insects off another continent!

17. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Cut the supply lines, pillage the luxuries, raze the cities and get back on our boats to heal and land on a different spot to rinse-and-repeat. APOCFC - pirates.

I agree with the nautral zone landing between Beta and Pune.

But the best result would be to destroy the GWT FP. Let's make that a long term goal. Short term goals: be very destructive to both GWT and GCA.

18. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

We are attacking GWT, as result of the poll, I will tell APO right now.

19. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Repoll, Emp. We are cutting the roads first, followed by a possible attack against GCA. Sufficient vocal support has been shown for this, but repoll if you must.

Attacking Flammburg will result in immediate losses. Let's test the loyalty of GWT to GCA.

20. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I'm with Donovan on this one. A direct assault on GWT will almost certainly mean a rather useless death for our precious riders. If we use them to be as much a nuisance as is humanly possible, they will have served the best that they can, with a considerably prolonged period of service.

Additionally, when we do play and send the save, we should send the save, I'd ask that a message be sent to Apolyton with our plans asap.