Turn 193

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
Ok- I'm just now sitting down to open the save.

I'll be posting updates here as I go along.

It may take me awhile... intenet is slow... and I'm a little slow also :crazyeye:

Stay tuned!

:salute:

ok - first piece of good news!

I went through all out towns to balance out the happy/unhappy and was able to pick up another 23 scientist... enough to get us Combustion in 2 turns! :clap:

(Sick Moment - as long as happy=unhappy there's no riot, correct?)

All builds set as orderd. I coverted 2 infantry builds to artillery, set to complete next turn (in sparta and Phi Betta Kappa)

I'm now starting on the military campaign.

Here's a domestic shot for you...

Sounds like a good start - yes, as long as there are at least as many happies as unhappies, we will be fine.

Hopefully we will not have to raise luxuries above 20% next turn...

Ok - here's the Artillery Attack update:

9 from the mountain:
1 double hit, 6 single hits, 2 misses = 8 damage

15 from Ithaca:
2 double hits, 9 single hits, 4 misses = 13 damage

15 from Rhodes:
1 double hit, 10 single hits, 4 misses = 12 damage

Total bombard damage = 33

Not too shabby!

Boat moving and Cavalry attacks are up next.

My scorecard is now showing the Nuts with:

Empty army
30 infantry (0 4/4, 0 3/3, 0 3/4, 0 3/5, 0 2/2, 0 2/3, 14 2/4, 1 2/5, 8 1/2, 3 1/3, 4 1/4)
1 guerilla (3/5)
24 cavalry (1 5/5, 19 4/4, 4 3/3)
2 artillery
4 cannons
1 explorer
1 settler

Numbers could be off slightly depending on order of double/single hits, but no infantry should have 3 hps remaining.

ok - here's the big update...

Our Regular and Veteran Cavalry did pretty well I think!
We lost = 19
We ran away = 4

We Killed:
Nut Infantry = 17
Nut Gurrellias = 1
Nut Cavalry = 13

Then our elites Killed 4 more infantry with no losses - but didn't spawn any leaders.

Making the Nut Death toll...
Nut Infantry = 21
Nut Gurrellias = 1
Nut Cavalry = 13

This is what they have left:
1 army, 1 settler, 1 explorer
2 Arty
4 Cannons
14 Cavalry
6 Infantry

It's all bleeding pretty bad.
Oh yeah - and we had 8 Cavalry promote to Eliete.

What should we do now?
I'll move workers while I wait for answers.

:salute:

EDIT: Noticed my numbers are differnt from Chams... I may have miscounted some of those kills, but I'm sure of my ending numbers. Just double checked

can we attack their cavalry or are their infantry still strong enough to be defending? i really don't like the idea of a D'Nut army running around our land, so if you could, try to take out their cavs with our conscript infantry.

oh - scratch 3 more Nut Infantry!

I forgot about the 3 veterans we were holding in reserve in case we got an Army.
EDIT: Plus 1 more cav that was gaurding Chamnix's Hold...

So the Nuts now have...
1 army, 1 settler, 1 explorer, 2 Arty, 4 Cannons
14 Cavalry
2 Infantry

Is it correct that the DNUT Infantry is all down to 1 hp?

Do they have any full-health Cavalry still?

Did any of their regulars promote?

Do they have any boats around that they could use to ferry injured guys home to heal?

How many Cavalry do we still have that have movement remaining?

I'm just curious here - you don't have to take the time to answer ;)

yeah - the Inf are still defending.

Here's the full health update:

Nut Cavalry:
1/4
2/4
2/4
1/4
3/3
3/3
3/5
3/4
3/3
1/5
1/4
2/4
3/3
3/3

Nut Infantry
1/3
1/3
1/3

Oh - and we're now Strong compared to Nuts and KISS... but sorry, I forgot to check as I was killing :blush:

From the sound of things, we should probably stop attacking there and rearrange for defense. We only have 19 units available to attack, and they have 17 units left. Since there is no way we can kill them all, we have to defend our cities - we might as well save our defensive units for defense instead of attacking with infantry (or hoplites).

Edit - X-post before I saw the hps. I'll add more in a bit.

We have lots of Cavalry with movement points left - but only 1 cavalry can still attack - currently guarding Chamnix's Hold.

Nuts also have a lot of boats to ferry wounded troops home...
Here's a screenshot:

I just realized I can send a wounded cavalry up to gaurd Chamnix's Hold (and Leos) from a flip, and then attack with that Cavalry... So scratch 1 more Nut infantry.

They're down to 2 infs left.

ok, based on what d'nut cavs health are, i'd say don't attack them. let them do their worst against Ithaca and Mt. Ithaca. their blood will line the fields of the Plains of Ithaca! :D

Attacking the redlined infantry with our conscripts is a 54% win, but obviously the odds are much better defending. Attacking the cavs with our infantry is less than 40% winning. I think we play defense now - we can easily hold our towns against 14 cavs and 3 infantry, and if they do keep their units here, then it will be simple to clean up next turn.

I can't imagine they'd leave the units here. Is there a good reason for them to? Maybe to pillage a tile or two, but, really, they're doomed if they stay.

I think their best move is to cut and run. (Hmmm - where'd I get that phrase?) It would be nice to position some frigates so that we can hit them before they get home.

EDIT: just counted the tiles - they'll get home safely, sadly.

ok - I will rearrange for defense.

2 units each in Antville and Ephebe
Then split the rest between Ithaca, Rhodes, and Hindus River.

Not sure we'll have enough to stop an invasion in the Northwest?
What are you thinking on that?

We need 2 units in Ephebe, 2 in Antville, and the rest get divided somehow among Ithaca, Rhodes, and Hindus River. The injured units in Ithaca that were injured on the Nut's turn should not move on our turn so they heal (except some hoplites you can move to Hindus River and upgrade). Fortify everyone and see what happens.

X-posted again - I'm not sure how much we would need in the northwest, but if we can't spare the units comfortably then don't worry about it. Dnuts have so little left that if KISS landed now, it wouldn't bother me - they needed to land before we crushed the Nut's stack.

peter grimes said:
I think their best move is to cut and run.

I would expect their cavalry to attack Ithaca one last time then use the remaining movement to get on a boat if they can't take the town.

Top Bottom