Turn 28

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Seeing as it hasn't been picked up by anyone yet, guess I'll start a discussion on the newly received turn. We need to make a decision for Turn 28. Do we make contact with Greece? Do we offer some kind of deal right away? What do we do with our research?

I'm going to post a request for an extension, since these are not going to be trivial decisions.

I think we should definatly make contact with them, but try to get a feel for where they are at before putting any proposals forward. I assume this can also be done through the forums, email ect.(just saw the mia thread, it all good) if we have made contact in the game. With the reseach, we shouldn't change anything until we know whats happening with the greeks.

I personally don't see why they would be unwilling to agree to trading since its early in the game so no one really has any military capability and they don't know where we are, so it would be advantagous to both of us. At the very least it gives our foreign consul something to do ;)

Can we move the boat, make contact, and talk back and forth via email before finishing out the save?

Our other moves aren't important, just move the warrior down to the capital for mp duty. The only thing to consider is research, and regardless of direction I would like to know their tech situation before we proceeded to the next turn.

Well, we're not gonna know their tech situation if we don't talk to them via email. (or forums)

Problem is I don't think see a turn 27 thread that shows what was revealed.

So the tentative plan is:

1) Dave opens the save, moves the boat to make contact, and posts screens of what we see. We wait to finish out the turn. Is this allowable, Ginger?

2) We initiate an email or pm to MIA saying something like: "We have found you, and would like for you to be our research and trade partners. We are a lock for getting philo first, but we have ideas on certain research options that will benefit the both of us. To do this we will have to freely exchange information on our research path and tech schedule to achieve maximum benefit. Please reply as soon as possible." Octavian naturally should be the one to talk with them; if he cannot get to it before our deadline, someone can step up to do that.

3) Await reply. If they are willing to talk we go from there.

4) We vote on how we are going to proceed. The deadline as it stands now is Saturday at 1 pm EST, and could be pushed back to Sunday at 1. We dont want to hold things up but we need to get these decisions made with as much input from everyone as possible.

lurker's comment: If you want to make contact; do so and send the save on. If you don't want to make contact, don't do so and send the save on.

Diplomacy can be done when it isn't your turn in-game. If I was on Team-MIA I'd wait till I got the save to assess the contact and then reply. Waiting for them to reply is stalling the game unneccesarily. The details of a Doughnut-MIA deal (if any) can best be discussed in a Chat-session on IRC or MSN.

Lets go ahead and send on the save then. Its really not that big a deal, just a research question holding up the train. Democracy is a slow process... it will probably take some back and forth with MIA anyways to make any sort of agreement.

To vote on Dave's 1st post questions: Yes, yes, and stay the same for now.

Warrior S, to continue scouting the land for settlement that direction.

Curragh SW, W, stepping inside the green borders. Athens is now in sight :)

Springfield would riot if left alone. Wake warrior in Shelbyville and send to Springfield for MP.

Dave's Shack renamed Cruller, based on the ye Olde City Names thread. Thanks for the commemorative naming, but I'm more comfortable with the doughnut varieties. ;)

Attachments

• MTDG_Doughnut_BC2680_contact.jpg
    MTDG_Doughnut_BC2680_contact.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
killercane said:
So the tentative plan is:

1) Dave opens the save, moves the boat to make contact, and posts screens of what we see. We wait to finish out the turn. Is this allowable, Ginger?

2) We initiate an email or pm to MIA saying something like: "We have found you, and would like for you to be our research and trade partners. We are a lock for getting philo first, but we have ideas on certain research options that will benefit the both of us. To do this we will have to freely exchange information on our research path and tech schedule to achieve maximum benefit. Please reply as soon as possible." Octavian naturally should be the one to talk with them; if he cannot get to it before our deadline, someone can step up to do that.

3) Await reply. If they are willing to talk we go from there.

4) We vote on how we are going to proceed. The deadline as it stands now is Saturday at 1 pm EST, and could be pushed back to Sunday at 1. We dont want to hold things up but we need to get these decisions made with as much input from everyone as possible.

1. yes
2. i wouldn't give too much info before they reply with their intensions, just saying "we come in peace and are willing to trade you ect" so be sufficient.
3. yes
4. get octavian to have a discussion with mia conterpart, then have a vote on whether the deal is suitable or not.

Received the following reply:

Salutations from MIA!

Our Foreign Ministry team is also now working to craft a proper hello.

But from one turn-taker to another - looking forward to working with you!

All the best,
General_W, current President of MIA

very positive, we should be able to get some deals done

Top Bottom