1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 3000BC: look mummy, a new president!!!

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Zwelgje, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

Alright people listen up! The newly chosen president has played some turns and the results were....fairly good. ;)

Still in 3200 BC the people of Nineveh heard that their city from now until eternity would make everybody remember the fine first president of NUF, from now on their city will be known as DELLHAM.

Then at 3150BC our fine scientists discovered a nice thing called Ceremonial Burial. Fanatic cheering followed this great accomplishment as the fertile people of NUF could finally build temples which would even make the content people happy, now that's amazing!!! It was decided that now we would try to develop an alphabet.

In the mean while our army was exploring the surroundings and the legion discovered a whale near Dellham, a worker was immediately switched to this fine animal that will give us more trade, production and food than any other type of land will.
    The chariot was just cruising through the woods when it came upon a river, lured by the freshness the horses started following it and found the rivermouth where the fresh water and the salty water of the great ocean mix.

Then in the grand year of 3000BC another hut was found by the chariot and the president said enough for today. :D

People, after these great adventures there are a few things the president wants to know from you:
    -Where will the explorations take us from now?
    -Will we pop the hut?
    -A settler will be finished in 2 turns from now in Thunderfalls, where will it go, what will it do?
    -Science: Currently we're researching alphabet, from there we will research Code of Laws and Monarchy but where will we go from there?

Questions, questions, all those questions...my head is spinning!!! Time for a rest, advisors do that thing you are so good at and what you were elected to do, now!!! :lol:

Screenie:

The game is saved at the end of turn 3050BC so all units have moved and are ready for turn 3000BC

2. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Legion left - continues exploring the western coast.
    TF Settler - goes with archer to found Gems city. (Needs name in the future)
    Chariot - POPS HUT! (If its finished its moves then it can pop the hut and then attack anything hostile that appears)
    Science- No need to worry for now (Not until we start researching Monarchy, as if we find another vciv soon then we may want some military techs)
    Legion Right - Perhaps explore towards the hill and then go NE and the E towards the coast so that it can come back to defend, or at least intercept any units.

Btw- Great news about the Whale but the terrain to the North doesn't seem to be so promising.

3. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Could we not build a Phalanx at Dellham, and leave the
    Legion to go W/NW? I agree the terrain doesn't look
    promising, but should it not be verified? And continue to
    hunt for an AI civ?

Slightly off topic: As a newbie to Diety, and noting comments made earlier about Smash possibly being evil, would it be bad if it turns out there is *not* an AI civ on this continent?

4. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Ha! I was right. There is more of a continent north of Regia Civitas. This should be our next immeadiate exploration goal.
    Other than that, I agree with former President Dell's above post...

5. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

[duke rollerskates past wearing alarmingly tight white trousers with a small yappy type dog on a lead]
    Ooh terraform,
    Ooh Ooh, terraform for you! :)

It doesn't matter too much if the land is bad up north - just as long as we make it our land. We can improve the land through roads and irrigation later on, but we need to own it first. I'm sure there'll be another special up there somewhere so we just have to make sure that any city there uses it and it can give our city a kick start in this initially rough terrain.
    Since Octavian seems to be claiming the credit for noticing that the land would curve back around toward us, then I'll say that we shan't meet any other civs on this continent. Unless there is a miniscule land bridge to the east then I would have thought that we'd have met any explorers by now and already be at war with them. :) I say that we should wait until we have settled this island, if not fully then at least on all the good spots, before researching Map Making and getting the heck off this rock. :goodjob:

6. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

From the specials pattern, that rubbishy-looking area (jungle :confused: ) two squares to the north-west of the "right" legion should actually be a special.

Also of interest, there should be a hut directly west of it. I would advocate that we not pop it, until we can get a two-move unit. Reason being, that if it is a barb horseman that defeats our legion, it leaves Dellham wide-open. Still, explore the region anyway. :) - Maybe Serutan's idea of a phalanx in Dellham would allow us to pop the hut earlier - a horseman or chariot would be great in helping the exploration effort in the northwest. Could we risk popping the hut with two tegions in the area maybe?

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

If we find a hut to the west then both Legions could definately explore towards it and then one can pop it with the other hopefully having a chance of attacking. If its a horseman though, Iour Legion still stands a reasonable chance of winning.

8. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

Dont' have the game at work, so can't d/l it and check, but I believe the "rubbishy" looking area Ainwood is referring to is actually a hill. If the suspected hut is also on a hill or other defensive terrain, then our legion actually stands a better than average chance of surviving a barb attack, unless they come with more than one unit and/or a chariot. Building a phalanx in Dellham (what happend to Grantham?) while we explore around the hut, then popping it when the phalanx is completed or nearly so (would take barbs a couple turns at least to reach Dellham anyway) is a very sound idea. In the meantime the other legion may have explored his way closer as well.

As for the chariot, I would say pop the hut. Seems the only real risk is a tech that delays Monarchy, or the slim possibility of barbs defeating our chariot and making their way to Dellham. From there I'd say explore the continent to the South so we know what's there :)

9. MajorGeneral2

MajorGeneral2 Just happy to be here

Well, there's no reason for the Chariot NOT to pop the hut, so let's do it. The Legions should go ahead and explore the N\Westerly area of the map. BTW, how much of the world have we explored so far? A minimap would help here.

10. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Dellham is a combination between Grantham and Dellville. It could have been called Grantville but that wouldn't have made much sense.

11. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

It was meant to be some sort of silly joke, sorry if you don't find it funny, I've got an underdeveloped sense of humor I'm afraid... :(

12. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

Dellham's fine :D , I just hadn't remembered seeing it in the poll for names for that city so wondered where it came from. Dell's explanation makes perfect sense :D

13. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

It was suprising but not really funny.

14. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

But maybe that's because you have an underdeveloped sense of humor!!! :lol:
    Just kidding Dell, just kidding...;)

15. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.