1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 38 - 2230 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

http://140.211.122.84/images/2270.html
    User Name: fanatics
    Password: zli94AB

croxis - You'll have to tell me where these images should go from now on. I got a bit confused, and am short on time.

All needed corrections made :crazyeye:. We killed a barb, and Gamecatcher has not only a warrior, but 2 spears also outside Balance of Power, while their scout continues to move.

We have also made contact with Elucidia. There will hopefully be a conference today at 1:00 AM GMT either in their chatroom, or in the embassy chatroom.

Now, I need to get off to school.

2. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

:nono:
    This could be trouble people!

Take note from the chat log that Kentonio explicitly refers to us now having 2 neighbors, ironically the same day that Gamecatcher flat out told us that they have not met anyone else. How, then does Kentonio know that we have another neighbor if not from communications with them?

Gamecatcher appears to have been deceiving us all along! We must make preparations for war now!

I propose we build a settler in Zhi Gang ASAP to settle in one of our previously approved city sites that happens to be nearby a source of iron (which we will discover soon enough). As soon as we discover the secrets of Iron Working, I suggest we drop our science long enough to raise the necessary gold to upgrade all existing warriors to swords. Then, while we begin pumping out swordsmen (at size 6, Shen Ling can produce 1 swordsman every 3 turns), we can restore our science rate.

More to follow.... I just wanted to make everyone aware of this apparent threat.

Also, before making any negotiations with CDG, we should gather together ourselves first, to discuss how we should approach this opportunity. Do we want to trade techs with them? If so, which ones? Do we want to sign a MPP with them? Maybe they already have such a deal with GCA....

3. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

A good way of knowing that would be to sign a deal with them so if they declare war on us (which will happen if they have a MPP with GC), they break the treaty and we can expose the facts to the rest of the community. From the chatlog it's pretty obvious that GC and them have contact (poor diplomatics on their side...) and the troops that we're seeing isn't a good sign for each of us. Remember that they said they don't have military techs in a previous chat so if they're indeed going this way, they must have traded techs with Eulicidia...

So many things to ponder now...

4. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I have a date, but I will follow later.....

5. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I have a date, but I will follow later.....

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Croxis seems to be double-dating :)

Yes, it looks like war. We said we would declare if they broke the treaty, so let's gear up for it. Train those blacksmiths to make swords and lets go raise some hell.

7. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

:lol:

Hear! Hear!

My thoughts exactly (on both statements as it turns out)!

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

9. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Actually I do have another later this afternoon

10. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

I love the new site... gotta love those avatars !

11. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

It seems that GC is preparing for war. We must not be taken unaware! We must make some defensive plan in the case of an early attack by GC.

We should also try to get warm (in term of diplomatic relations) with CDG in case that we need an ally in this war. Remember that we have reasons to think that they have met long ago with GC, so they may be their ally. We must not be taken in a two front war so early in the game!

12. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

If we trust our military advisor, he says that compared to them we have a strong military so I doubt about a possible attack on both sides...

13. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

as well as their ability to offer much assistance to either side in a war between us and Gamecatcher....

14. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Rally our troops! We are going to war!

Or at least we think so.

Swordies are good until the ed of the Ancient, and they can be easily upgraded to Med inf. In my games I never build knights, unless it is my UU (as is the case). If we can dominate this age, we can easily dominate the next with our riders.

So I propose to build at least twenty (20) swordsmen and some horsemen (for upgrading to riders later on).

15. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I am very peturbed by what I see, and I am sorry I was in Kingston. Tommorow, I will jump on the diplomatic wagon.

16. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

With the average military comparison to our enemy, it means they must be doing something similiar to us.

This also makes me fear theyare doing what I orriginally feared, which is walling and heavily fortifying the BoP, which would make this war a real bloody one.

Croxis I love the new site style!

I would love to ally with CDG as that's were disgruntled CFC people can go blow steam at moderators ;) It seems CDG has culture flipped us :lol:

17. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I find it to be good news that we have GC units moving away from balance of power. This means that when we attack it, there are 3 less units there to defend it.

18. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

well Elucidia have met Gamecatcher. maybe we could organise an unofficial right of passage to reach their land.

But we must have a settler prepared to send towards an iron source, and a few extra workers to build roads up to the enemy's doorstep.

19. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

If they fortify BoP, should we use catapults to soften resistance?

20. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I thought of that before, but decided having 2 swordsmen beat 1 sword and 1 catapult, and I would prefer 20 swordsmen to say, 15 catapults and 15 swordsmen. If catapults had 6 attack then maybe, as 4 is just too little to be of much use.