Turn 44 - 2030 BC

FortyJ

Deity
An interesting turn...

Apolyton
We have confirmation of Apolyton's existence. ;) Their warrior scaled a mountain on the other side of the northern isthmus and we were able to conduct a "secret" meeting, presumably by shouting over the tops of the fortified Elucidian Warrior guarding the isthmus.

Goodie Hut Alert
Our southernmost warrior/scout has discovered another goodie hut in the southern polar regions. We should pop it next turn and hopefully benefit greatly from whatever it contains.

Research Funding
We reduced our research rate from 90% to 80%. We'll still be able to discover Iron Working next turn, but we've reduced our operating deficit from -3gpt to -1gpt. We now need to determine which tech to research next.

Comments/Instructions for next turn
  • The worker near Zhi Gang is undefended and should be carefully looked after should we need to send a warrior out to protect him. Unfortunately, we don't have many to spare on the home front.
  • The Zhi Gang worker should finish clearing the forest next turn. The laborer currently working that tile should be moved to the other forest tile NW of there until those furs can be mined.
  • Move the laborer in Shen Ling from the forest tile to the irrigated game tile S of the city. This should still allow us to complete the granary in 1 turn, but allow us to begin growing again, thus growing in 2 turns.
  • Pray that the goodie hut gives us Alphabet.

Secure Site
username: fanatics
password: zli94AB

Good work Mr. President! (actually, have you taken office yet or is that next turn?)

also, whoever (I assume you 40J) is using normal civ graphics: thank you!

One thing: We need to make sure to remind GC that their scouting party in the south is at its limit.

No... I won't officially take office until Octavian's term comes to an end (as is true for all positions-elect - if that's even an acceptable phrase...).

When that is precisely, is beyond my level of comprehension. We just completed the 44th turn of the game, yet some people consider the 1st turn not a real turn, and yet still some nations have already mocked us for being "behind" in turns.

Still, all of this still doesn't help me understand exactly when the term comes to an end. :crazyeye:

our first turn is our first turn... none of this turn zero junk!

anyway, soon we should be able to explore east--that warrior in the jungle will soon die.

Well, as far as I know, I keep this office for one more turn before taking up domestic. I still think, though, that the first turn really didn't count for the purposes of the election cycle, since there wasn't a government until the next turn (turn 1 by my reckoning, turn 2 by the rest of the world)

well I think it should count. so there!

Your right...

That's because there is no turn for 2050BC. It goes from 2070 BC to 2030 BC. The turn discrepancy stems from an interpretation of whether 4000BC (aka the first turn of the game) should be considered Turn 1 or Turn 0.

Personally, I think Turn 0 should only really be used in the single player Demogames or for succession games where it can represent an inherited turn. Now, having said that... it doesn't matter to me exactly when the change of power takes place.

In fact, even though it affects all offices, I don't see any rule in our constitution for handling a dispute like this, so I think it should be left up to the president to decide, unless someone wishes to contest his decision, in which case it should probably go to the Judiciary to resolve the dispute.

I think we should find out which tech to research next. I believe we should research to Currency or Constructon. We already have enough military techs for what we need to start a war so lets get far ahead with this plan I made up.
First we should buy Alphabet from someone (preferably Apolyton- they're Commercial) then research Mathematics (big $$$$ tech) and sell it for all our opponents have (techs and $$$(money perferably) ) and use 100% for Construction or Currency. I have done this in my personal games and it worked quite fine. BTW along the way we have to buy Writing from someone for more trading options after Mathematics is found. With that tech I have bought the whole tech chart on Monarch level.

What's the status of our agreement with GC about the 5 move from BoP restriction? Did that ever solidify? If so, can we "advise" GC that they are about to cross their permissable borderline, with maybe a screenshot with the grid turned on?

I wish we had gotten that wounded warrior up on that mountain due East of its current position. I can see GC taking advantage of that "one wrong move" and getting a good shot of the surrounding area from the mountain top.

Of course if that agreement never materialized (I can't find it posted anywhere), then there's nothing to worry about.

to provide a screenshot we should use ctrl-shift-n to make EVERYTHING invisible (thus they only see graslands and plains), and then we black out everything beyond the 5 tiles and then photoship in their warrior at the proper location.

to provide a screenshot we should use ctrl-shift-n to make EVERYTHING invisible (thus they only see graslands and plains), and then we black out everything beyond the 5 tiles and then photoship in their warrior at the proper location.

Gamecatcher
The deal was never agreed to formally, but there is still the spirit of the deal which we have honored, and we should at least ask them if they intend to honor the spirit of the deal as well.

Science
I fear that buying techs is not going to operate the same as it would in a SP game, so we cannot rely on the same tactics to maintain tech parity.

As far as what we should research next, I would suggest we either go for Ceremonial Burial (for temples) or for the Wheel (for Horses). If we have no access to iron, then we should definitely go for the Wheel to try and secure some horses for a military conflict. If, we do have access to iron, then we should rush discovery of Ceremonial Burial so that we can build a temple in Shen Ling to help keep the peace as that city grows large.

Top Bottom