1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 45 - 1990 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

http://140.211.122.84/cfc_msdg/index.html
    username: fanatics
    password: zli94AB

For the last turn of the term, we've done pretty damn good. First, our hard research gave us iron working. Then, a kind Libyan tribe living in the tundra gave us their alphabet.

Otherwise, nothing's changed much. We killed a Zhou barb encampment (netting a decent tribute), started Ceremonial Burial, etc.

Well, now, let the term 2 government take power. :)

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

YES ALPHABET!!

Woohoo!

I noticed the furry forrests by Zhi Gang have been removed. This is a good thing :)

Octavian, I would like to commend you for a great job in office as president:thumbsup: you really were committed to this game, even though you have school and a schedual to stick to.

Nice to go out knowing you convinced the Zhou to show you their writing form :D

3. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

umm is it just me or does GC seem to have there guys getting a little to much info on the terrian in our area? they have 2 scouts on our side of the land bridge and we have zero on theres :(

4. Hygro

yeah, they are 7 tiles inward now. we should tell them to leave or they are breaking the treaty :p

5. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

We have two sources of iron!

Shall we send our next settler there now, and get the worker to road there, or go for the gold hill first?

I say surge straight for the iron. Shall we go west, South-west of the iron, or directly on it? I say SW, as that is what we voted for in the poll. Remember that in 1 turn Shen Ling will be a settler factory, and I hope that Zhi Gang will be a worker/military factory to support the settlers. All cities from built from now on should be swordsman factories.

6. Hygro

I say grab the eastern iron first, even though the northern is at a better city location. The eastern iron by the Shining River Valley will possibly deny GC of Iron and would allow a way station for an Eastward Assualt.

7. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Great way to finish off the term. I only hope that the end of Term 2 follows on a similarly high note.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I met with Eklektikos from Gamecatcher this afternoon. Here's the log.

Essentially, I strongly suggested that they not send their warriors any further west. He agreed to relay our request, but I'm not optimistic. This could very likely get hot soon.

We need more units, quickly. Perhaps, we should consider changing the queue in Zhi Gang. Possibly rushing the granary now (at the cost of 1 citizen) and then begin pumping out warrior s pronto.

9. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

ya thats true, if at all possible we want to make it very hard for GC to iron, there going to be a primary competator for a very long time. plus they have easier terrain up to that east iron meaning they can road-to it quickly (if we don't grab it first). i also agree that we need to start beefing up our army we can't have half are production tied down in zi gang while were near a diplomatic (if not military) incident.

10. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

Guess theres no need for my science que...

edit: Though this was a good turn... 2 techs for one turn... :goodjob:

11. amirsan

Thier hostlie exploration is were my "Landbridge:Control Needed" kickes in. If we had had done that, then they will only have to declare war on us to get passed and we'll be fighting a blind man if they didnt know were we were.

--We should garrison some warriors or future swordsman on our montain range ajacent to the grassland near BoP. That would be a great offensive/defensive attack on them if they shall decide to attack. hehe

12. amirsan

BTW, we should take the iron to the north to avoid pillage.

13. croxis

croxis Chat room op

we should take both. I will work on a trade network map when I get home

14. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

What is that 1 hp GCA warrior doing in sight range of our lands? I request that the ambassador prompts them to depart NOW. I thought we had agreed with them that they shouldn't go past the mountain range.

15. amirsan

Yes, Forty informed them and they looked that the disagreed. Take a look at the chat log above. They are "just exploring".... hehe.

16. croxis

croxis Chat room op

just say they have explored far enough

17. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Get them out!

18. amirsan