Turn 54 and following

Rik Meleet said:
I've lived Down Under, mate. Does that count ?

If you celebrated wednesday night after the big WCQ win then Yes:)

TURN 63

Conscript sees immo on the mountain. I went back to T53 to check the names of the 4 we saw, he is a 5th one, so the 4th probably lurking in the fog east of us.

Our northern warrior runs into settler + warrior from TNT. That will give them a surprise. Should we try to attack if possible or just hold back.

2 immo make their way SE, our MW's take out the 2 barbs in the forest (i didn't notice last turn that both barbs were on the hill). No hit points were lost and no promotions were gained. Our WC squad is now poised to intercept the immos. If the immos move onto the hill or accross the river should we still attack them or wait for a better oppertunity.

Springfield produces MW, now producing settler.
MW start Goat Shepards squad and move to sugar, will be joined by another MW from never again next turn.

Forest cleared W of sugar, 19 turns to barracks. If we what to change to MW it will take 9 turns.

Our military is now average compared to TNT's :), so they are not far ahead of us in that respect.

KISS has established an embassy with us.
MIA is now building both the pyramids and colossus.
We have 125g and +32gpt. Next turn we can start research on maths unless MIA can give it to us, then it will be lit.

Thats all for now, can't wait for T64!

Take that warrior/settler if we can time that with the death of their immortals then that will send a huge shock to those TnT fat cats. It looks like things are turning our way.

You can either roll the dice on the settler or continue in the same role their warrior was playing earler by threatening workers. Won't do them much good to have an unconnected city if we leave the settler alone for now. If they have to leave an immo home for defense, the better for us.

The settler will probably run away don't you think?

I would not attack the immo's on a hill, odds are bad.

40% chance to win if we attack.

TURN 64

The people of Doughnutia, today is a great day for Doughnutia. We have battled TNT forces on 2 fronts achieved two glorious victories. The final score 3-0 in our favour, with TNT losing 2 immo's and a warrior.

I must say i sat their for a while staring at the screen think what should i do. TNT had set their 2 immo's on the hill west of our WC squad. My instinct told me to go for it so i did. In 2 attacks 2 immos were killed, the 1st one went down to the wire with the Vet immo putting up a fight, WC squad2 lost 2 HP, the reg immo was taken out by WC squad4 without the loss of a single HP. In the end they lost 7HP's to our 2.

Feeling good after wiping out the immo's, our warrior up north attacked TNT's warrior (their settler had moved). Another great win after a close battle where our warrior lost 2 HP's but gain 1 back with a promotion to Vet.

This will surely send shock waves through TNT, might even humble them a bit.

As for other news, we obliviously have our GA now so all production times have come down.

Shelby grows to 6, pop rush spear for 1 pop, spear will go to spring and free up warroir their to go to chocolate for upgrade to sword.

Researching Maths now with Sci at 70%, will take 7 turns
We have 157g and +8gpt

MIA no longer building colossus, obviously they are using wonders as pre builds or something.

Finally the settlers now due in 2. Do we have a consensus to go towards the furs.

All in all plenty to celebrate this turn. Enjoy the moment doughnutians

I just joined this team today and was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what's going on. I don't have Civ3 on my laptop and won't be near my other computer until Tuesday at the earliest so I can't look at a save. What is GA?

-the Wolf

here is the quick version Alphawolf

We have grown fairly and with good technology. We have had peace with the other contient with alot of tech trade. They are in situations simlar to us probably a bit nicer at home because of our war effort. The 3 Peacefull civilizations have also began to explore the oceans and all the civs know each other. TnT is technologically backward and agressive. Probably because of their Leadership who think they are better than us. Don't get me wrong many of them are my freinds but they are cockey.

Tnt started off ok with talk of trade. All of a sudden they took our worker and forced us to abandon a city (cause it had no defence) hence the new city "Never" (i would have prefered "Vendetta"). After this the war was basicly a phony war. There one settler sat on a mountain watching us but if moved to try and kill our Wine supplys to the south. We stoped kill em but lost a few of our own.

After this we began Peace Negoations but their offer was outragous. 4 tech, 1 work a lumpsum and tribute of 5gpt for ever and this was for only 20 turns of peace. We reasoned that it was too much demands and it would take 20 turns for immortals to get to us anyway. Negoations carryed on a bit but got no where.

Next we made a large Diplomatic and domestic effort to get the resources and Technology to bulid our Unique horsemen. Our Doctrine of Fast horse will beat Tough swordsman. We achived this but it was a tight.

Now we come to where we are. Our warrior barb patrols (we have had a small war on Barbs) came across a Immortal Invasion force. they followed it with slight casulties. As the Immortals approached our Horsemen stuck and beat a few immortals in the North a Warrior on patrol found and killed a TnT warrior.

Although the war isnt over and the chance of invasion is still high. Things are looking up. We can stop them and grow at the same time. We have a chance.

Nice combat results!

I would rather not poprush from Shleby or other core cities. Better use excess population for settlers or workers I think.

zyxy said:
Nice combat results!

I would rather not poprush from Shleby or other core cities. Better use excess population for settlers or workers I think.

Yes, Homer, the RNG gods, the Meleet, or whoever else you believe in;). They were definately smiling on us.

I would too, but we need a lot more spears and the other cities are pumping out MW (such is war). I got springfield doing a MW-settler-worker. Hopefully with the GA we can finish off securing the defences and also have a 5 or 6 MW sqauds finished so we can go and do some damage, since most people think thats the better option then trying to build the GL ourselves.

Also we have to start thinking about which way were going to go with the tech after our swap with MIA.

TURN 65

Crullers revenge might be coming earlier than expected!!

Having detected an amount of dejection in donsigs response (see turntracker) i decided to move the warrior into TNT territory and onto the hill. What i saw was astonishing to say the least, 2 cities without a single unit in them. I get the feeling TNT weren't expecting visitors so soon. I wonder if they want to change their peace demands;). Now its a matter of if they bluffed like we did or they did a pop rush last turn in Semtex, because they didn't in Dancing Banana. We still have to be careful because they might have a bunch of immos near us that we haven't seen yet, but this war is looking better for us every turn:)

In other news, MIA seems to have luck with their huts, they popped Maths, so the HBR-Maths swap will take place ready for next turn. This leaves us with the question of what to research next. The choices are Const., Curr., Rep., Lit., MM and Poly. Input is more than welcome. I also noticed that MIA don't have and iron hooked up, so it goes some way to explaining why KISS have free rein on their island.

The road to crunch will be finished in 2 turns
Settler will be built next turn in Springfield
Shelby builds spear. Spear goes to Spring, warrior from spring goes to chocolate for upgrade.
Tax is back at 100%, 165g and +38gpt

Edit- I noticed tnt took their turn and since we didn't get a battle report i guessing our warrior is still alive and kicking!

are those two citys unmaned? i mean sem_ex and dancing bannas? if they are then lets burn sem_ex down, kill them all let god sort them out. just amagin if our mr warrior was 5MW, but that oppertunity has gone. burn down their city kill their invaders then sue for peace.

You're a good general, Robi! Very successful!

Of course if the cities are still unguarded next turn we can have some fun. But they have seen us coming for a while, so there was some time to react. We'll see.
Research: Currency might be good, we could use markets at some point. Poly has little trade value presumably, I would rather postpone the spread of MapMaking for a while.
Any chance of a deal for republic with KISS? Or try to divide research with MIA? Perhaps try to persuade MIA to research republic as well?

zyxy said:
You're a good general, Robi! Very successful!

Thank zyxy, although i think it came down to good luck rather than good management.

Of course if the cities are still unguarded next turn we can have some fun. But they have seen us coming for a while, so there was some time to react. We'll see.
Research: Currency might be good, we could use markets at some point. Poly has little trade value presumably, I would rather postpone the spread of MapMaking for a while.
Any chance of a deal for republic with KISS? Or try to divide research with MIA? Perhaps try to persuade MIA to research republic as well?

KISS is waivering on the republic deal, i have offered mason + math + curr for it but whomp said they were split whether to trade for it or not, but they still have around 30 turns of research to go.

Of all the tech chioces i think 3 are possible, Currency for markets, also gives us the chance to trade with KISS for Rep. Do Rep ourselves or go for Monarchy and do Poly. Given the amount of military units we have it might be difficult to go to Rep, so going for Mon, might be a more viable option. I will be flat out tomorrow so i have to play tonight (+7hrs from the time of this post) If there's no clear consensus we can collect tax for an extra turn.

Also i opened up the save, Semtex rushed a spear, but DB is still unguarded.
And we have a settler built in spring.
We already rode your luck the previous couple of turns so i think this is a good time to pull back and let the warrior recover.

just a question, what are the odds, he can beat a spearman in a city? because although they are low the benefits are large.

Top Bottom