[NFP] Turn 64 Deity win with Peter!

Zeuxis

Chieftain
I love playing Civ - I have been addicted since Civ 2 and I bought my first ever computer just to play the game.

I can't claim to be an expert though. I normally play on Prince but after watching lots of YouTube videos, mostly by Potato McWhiskey, I have been able to win at Deity with Peter and Eleanor. It took me about 250 or more turns and a culture victory but I was very proud of myself.

So, anyway, I saw Potato do a sub 100 turn win using a save file from Inquisitive Otter (who did a sub 60 turn win) and I thought that I would give it a go and try to stick very strictly to the plan - about 4-5 cities, two monopolies for the insane culture boost, three heroes that I would kill off for the relics, and a religion so that I could get reliquaries for the 3 x relic tourism.

I thought Peter would be better than the choice of Rome as Peter has the Lavra for a quick religion and the extra territory upon founding cities would be useful for getting access to luxuries.

upload_2021-3-10_22-4-57.png

It went very well and I also had that little bit of luck - so here is the story.

I set the game up by choosing non violent civs so that I wasn't distracted by wars and normal luxuries because I found that abundant makes monopoles much harder to get. I had me first bit of luck when I spawned near Roraima, which has to be one of the very best natural wonders. I moved to a plains hill tile to settle (I always want this as I firmly believe that the two production in the first city compared to one is something that you never make up). The yields of science and faith were tremendous and we weren't at the bottom of the score list for long.

upload_2021-3-10_22-38-38.png

I was able to get my first Lavra very early due to the boost from the Natural Wonder and got the first pantheon as a result (never got that on Deity before). I chose the extra settler and bagged loads of olives for my early second city. On culture games, I normally choose Divine Spark, but I surmised correctly that in this game it wouldn't even get to that!

With the high science, I got to currency quickly and got to work on olives and then truffles. I found the Voidsingers in about the third Goody Hut and then made a couple of Old God Obelisks which meant I could get a hero in two turns. I promptly deleted him to get on the board with 10 tourism. Around turn 35, I had two lavras and then got the first religion which meant I could choose reliquaries and bingo, we had 30 tourism. Way more than anyone else.

upload_2021-3-10_22-42-9.png

In another Goody Hut, I unexpectedly found a relic and we were at 62 tourism on turn 44. I think this piece of luck was what clinched the sub 70 win. I tried to get good relationships with the other civs which wasn't easy at first but eventually worked so I could get open borders for more tourism. My main problem was that I had only met two at this stage and I needed more as you can't get tourism from civs you haven't met.

Things started to accelerate before turn 50 when I went into a Golden Age and could buy builders and settlers with my huge faith generation. I didn't make the mistake of building loads of settlers, instead it was builders and I got my first monopoly. I got two more heroes, Himiko and Maui, by chopping with the builders. I deleted Maui immediately but used Himiko to get suzerainty of a city state that had one olive resource which I needed to further my monopoly multiplier to 275%. Then I deleted her and I was half way to winning at turn 56!

upload_2021-3-10_22-46-22.png

This was, frankly, nuts and I only need one more thing - I had to meet more civs so I could get more tourism. This is where I got lucky again and my two scouts out in the unexplored wilds found three more civs. I got open borders and then on turn 64 the victory screen!

Wow! Sub 70 turns on Deity. I suspect that someone better than me night be able to shave it to sub 60 but to be honest, I got lucky three times. First with the Natural Wonder that made for a great first city, early lavra and early religion. Secondly with the relic which is something I seldom get and finally with meeting three civs just when I needed to.
upload_2021-3-10_22-49-5.png

I never did get into the top three in score - or find out what that last civ was.....

Phew!

I enclose the initial save file in case someone is bored enough to try for sub 60 - I think with luck it may be possible....

Attachments

• PETER 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    793.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks for that amazing map! I got it on T74. Definitely makes a difference not finding a relic in a hut. That third hero takes a long time to chop out(T63) and I never met the last civ either. I was also desperately checking every turn if another civ had a relic to trade for with all my gold and luxes it would have been a snap, but no luck.

EDIT: On snap! I just realized I should have put the ivory industry in Smolensk for the production to make that city chop out the hero faster. How dumb of me :(

I gotta try this again lol. Very fun one :)
CivilizationVI Russia CV T74 Zeuxis_map.png

Hi Cherenkov!

Excellent work - it really was a God Start wasn't it?

I think the relic made the difference between 74 and 64 - I believe Inquisitive Otter got a relic even earlier in his sub 60 game.

I hadn't thought of buying a relic - that would have really helped. Great idea.

I think the one big mistake I made was not getting scouts out earlier. As I hit the high tourism, I only had 3 civs contacted and if you have no contact, you have no tourism......

I think that and meeting the mysterious unknown civ might make sub 60 with a relic.

Give it a go!

Great work.

Yea the terrain especially in the west was slow going. When I try this again I will take Amani instead of Pingula to get suzerain with Kandy. Time that right with Ik-Kil for a relic. That was the only other wonder I found though. I can imagine a sub 50 victory with relic in hut, relic via wonder with Kandy. If Amani doesn't do it then hope to take Himico down to Kandy if you get lucky to find and build her first. Too bad Kandy is so far away :(

EDIT: Oh there is a second wonder way SW near Ottawa.

Last edited:
Just a thought.

Maybe take over the military of the furthest away city state (you would need to get suzerainty first). That would save the long hall of traveling and could get you contact and tourism earlier.....?

Top Bottom