Turn 66

kc_bandit

Chieftain
Okay, I think I just broke my record. On Turn 66 I had completed the Great Lighthouse, Colossus and the Great Library.

I had a terrible starting location for production, but incredible for population growth (three wheats, a fish and a whale). Only two hills that finally had mines around turn 60. No iron, no horses, no cows, no sheep. Two incense.

Further details - Prince difficulty (I know, but I was just looking for a relaxing go of it), playing Isabella, went down the Tradition path to get the +20% for Wonders and then switched to go straight down the middle of Honor to combo with my fleet of 6 Triremes. Money and culture were flowing like crazy around turn 45ish.

Built zero buildings - not even the Monument. Was the first to find 6 City States and found four Natural Wonders. So I bought the Monument, the Triremes, the Granary, a second turn worker, etc. Was on the coast, obviously, but not on a river. In fact, I don't think there was a river anywhere near me. So no Water Mill :(.

Pangea map - but strangest Pangea ever. I was on a small sliver of land that circled around a large ocean. No civs close whatsoever - only found two of them before Turn 60. When I got the Great Merchant for the Lighthouse, I got 700 gold which was used to ally Food City States. So, even though the production tiles were terrible, when you are working 13 of them it adds up.

Just had to share. :)

VEM is awesome.

I'm happy with how the Great Lighthouse and Colossus are more important than vanilla, though I feel I stacked on too many bonuses onto the GL. It doesn't have a singular focus like the redesigned Stonehenge's border expansion. Oh! I just had an idea... what about +15:c5war: XP for naval units in the city, similar to how the Temple of Artemis gives +15:c5war: to archery units? This would replace the free great merchant, to focus the GL back on a naval theme.

I'm happy with how the Great Lighthouse and Colossus are more important than vanilla, though I feel I stacked on too many bonuses onto the GL. It doesn't have a singular focus like the redesigned Stonehenge's border expansion. Oh! I just had an idea... what about +15:c5war: XP for naval units in the city, similar to how the Temple of Artemis gives +15:c5war: to archery units? This would replace the free great merchant, to focus the GL back on a naval theme.

Brilliant. I always forget about the GM, and am like "Cool, free monies and two allied CS's very early coming up!". It's a pleasant surprise, but agreed it is a little off message and probably just too much gold or gold equivalent that early.

Top Bottom