Turn 75 - 1150 B.C.

Finally! Something to raise our spirits in this time of need!

On another thought, Elucidia and Apolyton have a lot of jungle to deal with. That must be troublesome...

I also makes it clearer why Elucidia are wary of Gamecatcher - GC have a city within 5 squares of their capital.

Yikes!

Originally posted by Octavian X
~Octavian X, on a quick trip to OurGoatsAreTrained2Kill, Elucidia. :D

Be careful Minister. The roads (what few there are) aren't exactly safe of late. Oh and I've recently been informed that although they are the Elucidians, the country's name is Elucida (only 1 i), not Elucidia.

Also, I've "fixed" the site. Apparently, somebody had loaded the current turn's graphics (with the exception of the map) with the previous turn's date, erasing all of last turn's graphics and causing the pages to reveal those pretty red Xs instead of the desired screenshots. ;)

Finally, I've received word from Poly concerning the logistics of the tech trade we have already agreed to. They will offer us Map Making this next turn, and we will in turn offer them Horseback Riding and accept the deal. On their following turn, they will also accept the deal, so we will have Map Making in 2 turns.

On a side note for this deal, we had originally agreed to include Mathematics with this deal, but they have since acknowledged that they are getting Math from Elucida. Therefore, we have agreed to gift them Mathematics if their deal with Elucida falls through.

One more little fine point concerning Shen Ling. In our discussions during the playing of the save, Octavian and I agreed to forcibly halt the growth rate in Shen Ling.

Shen Ling has the capacity to produce 11spt and produce +1fpt to boot. This would cause the city to grow in 3 turns. We didn't feel that growing to size 7 at this time would serve our purposes any. However, when it comes time to produce our next settler, we should switch back so that the growth to size 7 will coincide with the production of the settler.

I'm beginning to feel like a broken record here, but I've got one more bit of instructions (or requests) for the military department. We should endeavor to eradicate all Gamecatcher forces inside our territory (when they get there) in the same turn! That way, they load the save and find their forces gone without knowing how it happened or what types of units we used.

This may require great patience on our part to lure them all within our borders and within striking distance of our horsemen, warriors and archers. However, if we can prevent them from seeing our horsemen for a few more turns, so much the better.

Which brings me to this: I'd recommend that we withdraw our archers from Cha Ching as soon as possible and bring them back towards Shen Ling (which, if I were GCA, would be my next target).

Would it be better for us to have the Horseman in Shen Ling stationed on the mountain 2 tiles to the NE? It might split up any forces headed for the Capital or we might catch them out in the open plains as opposed to attacking them in the forest.

Also, I thought CDG knew where the CGA Capital was?

Putting the horses in the mountains would negate their movement advantage, but I also agree that we should hit them in the plains before they reach the safety of the Sacred Forest. Perhaps we should move our archers/warriors/spears to the edge of the forest and keep the horses in reserve.

And CDG may yet know where the GCA capitol is. We should talk to them about trading maps now.

We already know where the GCA capital is. It is SW, SW, SW, then south of OurGoatsAreTrained2Kill. Just look at the culture - it fits in perfectly.

what glorious news! If by chance the GCA forces make it to our capitol, we would be wise to enlarge it to size 7.

Top Bottom