Turn 89 - 800 BC

FortyJ

Deity
Links
Secure Site
username: cfcteam
password: zli94AB

All officials are reminded to post instructions in the Term 2 Instruction Thread.

<><><><><>

As it turns out... GCA reinforced the area with 2 additional units so we wouldn't have been able to kill their leader this turn even if we could attack with both horsemen in the area.

Couple of things we need to decide:
  1. Shen Ling will grow 2 sizes in 4 turns if we let it. Do we build a settler there (4 turns to complete) or do we build a horseman (4 turns to complete) or do we build a spearman (3 turns to complete)?
  2. Do we wish to continue building the galley in Zhi Gang or do we want to replace it with a horseman or settler?
  3. I hate to say it, but do we want to sue for peace?

You said yourself in the other thread that we need military not galleys, right now. I guess a galley can wait. The horsemen may mean our survival. GCA doesn't want peace. They want a dead Fanatikou. I'm sure of it. I'm not sure about Shen Ling.

To strange for me 40J. We had men behind the leader, in front of the leader, below the leader, even a CDG helper, and The Men in Black just walk in and take him out. Can we get them to do that thing with the pen and erase this from my memory? :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, the turn counter on the secure site registers 4000BC as Turn #1, meaning that 1-45 would be Term 1, 46-90 would be Term 2, 91-135 would be Term 3, and so on....

Cyc
I know what you mean. If you find those guys with the pen, point them in my direction too.

<><><><><>

I believe Shen Ling should build a settler since we'll need the extra production just to compete with GCA and because GCA forces are a handful of turns away from our cities at the moment. Of course, if GCA starts to move in our direction, this may have to change. Which is why I'd argue that this decision should wait a turn or two.

On the other hand, we must make a decision about the galley now. It could be a valuable tool for us provided there's a way across the sea to the other continent. However, what good is a trade with the other side of the world, when we're getting kicked out of our own side...? This is the issue we must resolve now.

I remember when I would get my rear handed to me in Civ II, I would send a small setteler to a far away contenent or island, so if my home land was captured, I would still have one city left to rebuild. I don't know how well this would work in multiplayer Civ III.

Welcome back, croxis.

Now we're getting depressed. GCA won't destroy us. If we really feel like we're losing, we'll give in to their earlier demands for a border at the moutains. That should pacify them.

Why do I believe this? It was mentioned in a talk I had with Togas two days ago. I almost forgot this last detail - apparently, they have a map of the area that GCA resides in. It's a small corner. Confining them to between Balance of Power and Elucidia's current border would be like a death sentence to their team.

Please Octavian. :rolleyes: Trapped on their minimal land mass, awaiting the execution of their death sentance, GCA is single-handedly kicking butt on the Allies. They've put down an invasion from the North and invaded to the south. They've taken one city from CDG and burned one of ours to the ground. I feel no pity for GCA and frankly, I'm tired of giving them everything they want. I would rather see Fanatikou go down in flames then suffer a meager little existance waitng for GCA to kill us off a bit at a time.

If GCA's land area is as small as you're suggesting, then they MUST have quite a tight build pattern, because they seem to be out-producing the combined production of BOTH CDG and CFC.

Either that or someone on that team made a deal with the devil.... ;)

Top Bottom