1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 92 - 730BC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by GenMarshall, Jul 21, 2003.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I have the Save and I am going to go ahead and play the save :).
    Hopefully the game is still played with V1.14f since I just downgraded it to play it.

Expect summary and updates to come soon.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Transmition:Encryption: JadeCrypt Language: English

Well, I finaly discovered that we are elegable to play with version 1.14. Although 40J's instructions said to play with 1.14. I was not 100% sure about this so I had to check with Poly and the UN at 1BC to conform that the Upgrade is authorized.

Hmm, it looks like we only have 1 GCA Spear by our Iron. Knowing that we should dupe the GCA army. I have kept the Armies on hold untill that GCA Spear moves to the Tile 1 SW into the Grassland. I also fortified the Spear in Jiang Mapi to escourt the Settler in the next turn. Also, the Settler is parked on the hill ontop of the Iron by Jiang Mapi.

I just hope that this Dupeing would work (Is "Duping" a word ~_^). I quickly saved the game and passed it to the unknown team. I must hurry, who knows what the GCAers are up to.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Game has been sent. I could not get the preturn save due because the Save box does not show when I eather hit Control-S or Select Save Game from the Menu. I could not get to gather the maps and other pieces of information regarding screenshots due since I could not get to my Desk to by way of Alt-Tab or the "Show Desktop". I could not create any *.bmp files (For use to further refine and crop the maps) due because at the time my computer is mucked up from PTW. No new movements have been made, as I stated earlyer, But I still have the save that poly has sent us, for 40J or Octavian so that they can gather the screenshots.

@FortyJ,

I am sorry for disapointing you for not getting the Pre-turn save and the Screenshots due to Technical reasons. The Save as thingy worked and saved the save. I would like to continue getting the chance for me to be the DP since I would like to be the President or Vice President of the MSDG

Thanks,
    CivGeneral

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Duping: to Dupe. Yeah its a word.

The lack of screenshots is quite forgiven in my book... but then again I'm not following as actively as before.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Tech Report on CG's Computer

I have fixed the problem that was casing the nasty lock-ups on my computer. Somehow an unauthorized program has snuck its way into my computer, snatching valuble memory. This has both PTW and Windows problems such as:

• Frozen Right Click commands (Causing me to not create new *.bmp files)
      Save Window not poping up when using Control-S and/or "save Game"
      Frozen Task Bar
      Frozen Alt-Tab command (It works, but it does not pop up list wise)

Before, the only way to fix that (and I discovered this recently) was to close a window to tempoary gain memory.
    Just right now I did a System Restore (Thank you Windows XP) to revert everything before I caught that sneeky Program so I am running Normaly now. Just to reasure everyone I did not caught a virus (If I did, Norton would have notified me). I am guessing I may have gotten that Program Via an anoying Pop up add.

6. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Sorry I've been away for the past few days. I've had some real life issues that have demanded my personal attention and I have had little time to spend with my family of late, let alone with the MSDG. Hopefully, I'll be able to get ahead of the game soon so I can pay more attention to the MSDG, but I don't think I'll have much time for the next few days at least. I will try to at least check in every so often at the very least.

I had not realized that my instructions in the Instruction thread were that out of date. Thanks to CivGeneral for bringing that to my attention. I have updated them in the Term 3 Instruction thread and asked CT to sticky that thread. Also thanks to Octavian for a nice summary of the various files that should be uploaded and modified on the secure site. I've adapted that and added it to the instruction thread as well.

One more thing: I don't think it's possible to save in mid-turn under ver 1.21f (in order to prevent the bug which occurs when loading a middle-of-the-turn save in PBEM). Screenshots should be taken prior to sending the save on to the next team. I find it extremely helpful to have Photoshop (or whatever application you intend to use for creating your screenshots) already running when I start up PTW.