1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 96 - 650 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by GenMarshall, Jul 28, 2003.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Links
    Secure Site
    username: cfcteam
    password: zli94AB

All officials are reminded to post instructions in the Term 3 Instruction Thread.

We have just recived a gift from CDG of 5g. Also in the Relm of Science, we had discovered Construction and we are enroute to Polytheism. Cha Ching has just finished building Barracks and is continuing to build Swordmen. After the barrack has been built. Ive sent a Warrior to Cha Ching to be upgraded there. "needs a Name" has been founded by the Insense on the coast. I was going to name it "Mara Jadegrad" but I did not know the Chinese translation of that and plus the name discussion should be taken to the forums. There is one GCA Horsemen on the Mountans 2 tiles NE of our Horsemen on the Gold Mountans. There is also one GCA Sword 1 Tile South from the same Horsemen

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

A few things...

First of all, our elite horse is doomed. Sticking it next to GCA's sword? He could've gone south around the sword.

Also, wasn't the plan to raise science after construction? The drop was temporary since construction was due in such a short time.

3. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

I must say, our situation against GCA is improving. we started with only three cities when the war started (not including Yun Feng). Now we have doubled it. All during war times. Impressive!

We need to finish this war, somehow. Have an attack force of AT LEAST ten attack units, best swordsmen. I may suggest eight swordsmen, six horsemen, and two spearmen in the mix as cannon fodder while we try to get there.

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

in shen ling take the laborer off the forest tile and put him on the horse as we dont need the shields but do need the growth... unless its too late.

5. Plux

Plux Emperor

Its prolly too late for that. Too bad, SL could have grown one turn sooner

6. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I've also got a couple of things to add...

You must read the Instruction thread and the previous turn chat thread before playing the turn! This is imperative so that you can follow any instructions or suggestions from the previous player (for example, micromanaging Shen Ling...).

Also, Octavian's right - you should not have moved our horseman next to the swordsman! They will almost certainly kill him next turn, eliminating one of our best chances of producing a leader, as well as removing 1/2 of our forces in the northern theater.

Lastly, where could that GCA army have gone? It didn't go into the grasslands, so it either retreated back home, or it went due North or due South. If we had attacked the barbarian south of our stack of units with one of our archers, we could have seen the tile due south of their previous location and had a better chance of determining it's location. Also, we could've killed the barbarian (with attack bonuses) before it attacks us.

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Shesh, I knew this was going to happen. When ever I try to play a Turn, There is always bound to be Complaints. I tried to play the turn to the best of my abilities but yet, whenever I try to do something good, there is always a little thing that someone notices that they are bound to rant on me. I did looked over the instructions. If these Rantings continue, I might have well just pack my bags and leave since I see no chance in me being Vice President here :mad:.

8. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

CG,

Consider it as constructive criticism. I don't think anyone here is expecting perfection all the time. You aren't going to get better unless people do point out where you came up a bit short. Take the feedback, learn from it, and become a better player.

Besides, if you do get elected as Pres in DG3, it's only going to get worse! :D

Good luck,
    -- Ravensfire

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

@ravensfire - Multiplayer and Single Player games are 2 different entities. I do well on a SP game, but when it comes to the MP game I might have well never bothered with that feature (MP). The Criticism to me more relates to the Complaints and Rantings section. I am just sick of these complaints and rantings ever since I was playing in a SG. I am sick and tired of having people get mad at me for a :smoke: move that I did. I beleve I would do the MSDG citizens a favor by just leaving the MSDG all together.

I have played the save to the fullfilment and yet there is always alittle something that someone would find and complain about. Just for once I would like to hear "Good Job playing that Save CivGeneral", Insted I get this complaint "Why did you do *such and such* insted of *such and such*". I am not a mind reader for crying out loud. I am going to focus most of my Energies in the Single Player Demogame as President there.

10. croxis

croxis Chat room op

CG, 2 things:

1) This is just a game. The people here arn't education majors, so give them a break, they are helping the best they can.

2) You are being a bigger drama queen than my ex. Grow up and knock it off (but doesn't have to be in that order ;-) )

- Your chat buddy

11. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

I had a little chat with 40J. Apperently I have gone balisitc over this little thing. Since no real damage has been done. I will take head to these advices as Constructive Criticism and do better the next time I get a chance to play the save.

I will Remain in the MSDG :).

12. Hygro

yeah i've been frustrated with micromagaing even by FortyJ a couple of times--dont take it personally.

13. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

What?!? You're kidding me right? That does it.

;)

14. Hygro

Regardless of your humorous intentions I am not kidding you.

15. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Ok... now I know you must be kidding.

16. Hygro

Nope :p

17. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Alright that's enough... we all know you're kidding, so drop the charade... ;)

Also, my suggestion for the new town is: Xiang Zhou (Incense Oasis)

18. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

@40J - I am going to make a new thread for the use of submiting City Names :).

19. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Are you thinking of a City Name Registry like we used in the SPDG? If so, I would reconsider as it likely wouldn't work too well in the MSDG.

Remember, we've been naming cities slightly differently here than in the SPDG. We've sorta developed a system where anyone can propose a name for the city and if there are more than one suggestion, we vote to decide.

20. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Incense Oasis is a great name. Very well suited for it's location and purpose. I say we go with it. Do we need a poll for this?