1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 97 - 630 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

No, I haven't played the turn. The civfanatics.net server has crashed, along with our e-mail account. Along with that server, my hard drive with PTW is on the fritz at the moment, so I can't play. During my controversial talk with Apolyton last night, I managed to get a copy of the save.

FortyJ, I'f you'll provide me with an e-mail address (I think the one I had was incorrect), I'll forward the save ASAP.

2. Octavian X

The cfc.net server is back up...

3. Octavian X

Secure Site
    Username: cfcteam
    Password: zli94AB

FortyJ, I'd still like your e-mail address for future reference.

Also, a few things I missed in the secure site news page...
    ~The appearance of that massive horde of barb horsies can only mean that two of the other four teams we have met are in the middle ages. The city pictured as Arhus in the top 5 cities screen does look like middle ages one.

~On how to deal with the horseman: Assuming they don't go to Shahrazade, we can avoid trouble with those barbarians if we:
    1. 'Deposit' our gold reserves with Apolyton. That way we can protect it from pillaging.
    2. Retreat the units guarding the potential targets. They will be saved, and they can be regarrisoned later. We shouldn't have to worry about a GCA suprise attack.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Deposted our money. Well I hope we get our money back.

@Oct - How much have we deposited to Poly?

5. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Yes, I too think we should deposit our money.

If Poly declares war on GCA, we will get some relief from the onslaught from GCA. That would be very advantageous. We should think about expanding our nation if GCA weakens.

Also, what about that army that GCA has? what will be done about it? Get some swordsmen out there, and quick!

6. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

No! Don't deposit our money... Spend it on upgrades, and gift the rest to Apolyton in return for their cooperation in the war as well as signing the new deal.

7. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Actually, now that 40 says that, I agree.

Hmmm... Upgrades...

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

And yet... after seeing this, I discover that we have already upgraded our two warriors. Still, gifting 50g and Construction to Apolyton is a small price to pay for sharing all knowledge and maps as well as firming up our alliance.

9. Ankka

Ankka Deity

Sounds good. But what will the barbs do if they don't get money and the production (if any) is pillaged?

10. Octavian X

I believe that Apolyton does in fact have a map of GCA. However, they are currently bound to a map non-disclosure agreement with them for the duration of the war, meaning that unless they break that agreement like their NAP, we won't get a map. They have the same type of agreement with us against GCA.

11. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Yes... I've heard them mention this before.

Well, I think it's high time for them to choose sides. GCA won't know that they traded maps, so there's little risk to them, other than their collective conscience. But then again, I wonder what their consciences will say when they sit back and do nothing as the GCA horde finish us off because they refused to come to our aid.

I would consider a map trade essential to any long-lasting agreement between us. They talk about wanting to assist us and remain "Blood Brothers" with us, but talk is cheap. It's time for them to decide just how much they want to be our friends.

12. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

constuction for war!

This barbarian thing is pretty big... what difficulty are we on?

13. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

im always 1 turn behind you guys in micromanaging!

We coulda got an extra shield and commerce in shen ling and grown in the same speed.