Turn Chat Instruction Thread: Saturday 28 May - 16:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Time: Saturday 28 May - 16:00 GMT, 12:00 (Midday) EDT
Place: #turnchat
Game Save: 690 AD

All officials who are empowered to post instructions for the upcoming turn chat are to do so here. Please post at least one hour before the turn chat starts.

This is not a discussion thread

I forgot to rename Tsingtao and Naples in the last turnchat and then founded a new city (PDX). To correct this:
Tsingtao to be renamed PDX,
Shanghai to be renamed Bloomington
PDX (the new city) to be renamed Paradiss

Future City Names:
Cheeseville
Los Lobos
Arglebargle
Gingerbread City

Unit Names:
new names up to post #124 of the registry:
LeatherNeck (Sword)
First MDI: Eric the Red (all so far have been upgraded from Swords already named)

Reserved Names of future units by citizens already passed on registry
Next naval unit: Old Ironsides
First Calvary: 1st King's Guard
Second Calvary: Comander Deo
First Plane: Air Kohn

(Previous Instruction Thread is here )

External Consulate’s instructions for the 5/28/2005 turnchat. Specific instructions appear first; the Term 3 Policy appears next, for reference purposes.

Specific Instructions

1. In all instances, the DP has the freedom to adapt instructions to the ever-changing game conditions. Our only stipulation is that the spirit of the instructions and long-term goals of the External Consulate be adhered to. Changing details to achieve the same (or similar) end is fine.

2. We should complete our annexation of the Netherlands this turn. When the CoAF has his troops in position, declare war on the Netherlands. We will capture Delft and Leiden. Please raze Delft unless in-game conditions suggest we should keep it for some reason.

3. We are continuing our war against France. When the CoAF has sufficient troops in place to defend PDX, Bloomington, and Cengiz, please send a task force northward (through Spain) towards Paris. We should attack and capture Spanish and French cities on our way to Paris. It’s unlikely we’ll have enough troops to capture more than a city or two this turn, and it’s very unlikely we’ll make it to Paris; but that’s the ultimate destination. (In fact, we may not get to this during the coming turn). Try not to have troops in enemy territory more than two or three turns at a time in order to minimize War Weariness. (Although when we move through jungle or over mountains we’ll obviously need to take more time that we’d prefer.) We have a MA against the French with Persia (1 turns left) and China (no turns left; but still in force). Please do not break these MAs.

4. We are continuing our war against Spain. Please capture Valencia this turn. When we move troops northward from PDX, Bloomington, and Cengiz, please capture any Spanish cities we find in the fog. The DP may keep or raze these cities at her discretion. We have MAs against Spain with Persia (1 turn left) and Portugal (10 turns left). Please do not break these MAs.

5. We have a ROP with China that will last one more turn. Please do not break this. When it expires, I suggest we leave it in place. If China wants to renegotiate it, I suggest we do so if we can get it at minimal cost. Although China is a target of ours, they’re very weak (only 2 cities) and annexing them is not a priority this coming turn.

6. Our war with the Byzantines continues. We have a MA with Persia against the Byzantines that last one more turn. Please do not break the MA. Unless the Byzantines offer us an amazing peace deal, I see no reason to make peace with them (they’ve declared war on us, so we get War Happiness from them).

7. Our peace treaty with Portugal expires in 10 turns. We will not break the peace. If they do so, please capture Canton & whatever city it is N/NE of Cengiz (we can see Portuguese borders, but don’t see the city itself).

8. Madame President, it's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of the cabinet this term. Thanks for all the fun.

External Consulate – Policy for Term 3

Our Guiding Philosophy

Our long term strategy is to annex enough of the pangaea so that our territory is just below the domination limit. We expect we will at least annex most of the land up to and including the point where the Persian city Gordium currently stands.

We will seek to cripple the ability of all other Civilizations to win the game before we achieve our cultural goal of 130,000 points. This also means we cannot allow another Civ to reach 65,000 cultural points.

Long Term Foreign Affairs

1. We are now strong enough that we will not submit to any demands from another country.
2. We encourage warfare and disharmony among our rivals. Such disharmony will be achieved through trade and alliances.
3. We will not enter into alliances, trades, or GPT deals with countries we think we will be at war with within 20 turns.
4. Once we establish a choke point at Gem Mountain we will consider entering into ROPs with other civs.
5. Portugal (and the Pyramids) are a target for annexation.
6. France is a target for annexation.
7. Spain is a target for annexation.
8. Persia (& its Great Library) is a target for annexation.
9. China (or its remains) is a target for annexation.
10. Our policy is whenever possible any civ that has attacked us should be left with one city. Currently France, Persia, Byzantine, Spain, and Portugal fall into this category. However, we well may elect to eliminate some of those civs from the map.
11. Once we’ve established a chokepoint at Gem Mountain, we will demand that any “wandering” troops from another civ must leave our territory on our home continent. (Our home continent is all land west of Gem Mountain.) If not, we will declare war.
12. We will attack and destroy any city that is building the Smith’s Great Wonder. This wonder is to be ours.

Military Affairs

1. We will soon make war with the Dutch and annex their remaining territory.
2. China is a target but they are weak; we have a ROP so we can move through their territory.
3. France has declared war on us. We will continue the war and seek MAs against them.
4. The Byzantines have declared war on us. We have formed alliances against them, which expired; and will form additional ones. We expect this to be a phony war.
5. The Spanish have declared war on us. We have taken their city of Murcia and will capture Valencia. As we march north to Paris, we’ll capture additional Spanish cities.
6. We are at peace with Portugal. However, they remain a target of ours.
7. The Great Library (held by the Persians) is a military target for us.

Director of Infrastructure's Instructions for 690 AD

2 Workers SE of Provolutia: Finish mining, then road the mountain.

2 Slaves SSE of Sebadoh: Finish roading, then move to the tile SW of Spichester and plant a forest.

2 Workers and 2 Slaves N of Sebadoh: Mine current tile then move NW and mine the tile (2SE of Oxford).

3 Slaves and 1 Worker NNE of Sebadoh: Finish roading, then plant a forest, then move 2NW and road forest E of Oxford.

2 Slaves 2S of Kingdom of Hearts: Irrigate current tile, then move NW, irrigate that, then irrigate the cow SW of Kingdom of Hearts.

4 Slaves 2SE of Striders Haven: Finish chopping forest, then road and irrigate the tile and the tile W of Kingdom of Hearts.

Worker SSE of Striders Haven: Irrigate current tile, then irrigate and road tile 3SW of current tile (NW of Regentham).

Worker and 3 Slaves SW of Striders Haven: Finish irrigating, then road it, then irrigate the tile S of the current tile and road that.

4 Slaves SSE of PDX: Finish roading, then irrigate current tile, and chop forest 3N of current tile, and mine / road that grassland.

Slave NNE of PDX: Chop forest, then mine the tile.

3 Slaves S of Paradis: Finish chopping, then move NW and mine the bonus grassland.

2 Slaves SE of Naples: Finish roading, then move NNW and clear the jungle dyes tile.

4 Slaves NW of Paradis: Finish mining, then help clear the jungle dyes tile N of Naples.

2 Slaves NNE of the Army: Finish roading, then move WNW and clear the marsh game tile.

Worker 2NE of Baconopolis: Keep clearing the marsh.

Worker and 3 Slaves E of Liveratica: Finish irrigating, then move 2W (W of Liveratica) and road the jungle, as long as Spanish units

don't threaten them, in which case move them into Liveratica.

2 Slaves and Worker by No_Where: Finish planting forest, then chop forest, and then do the same for the tundra N of No_Where.

3 Workers ENE of donsignia: Finish roading, then move S and mine/road that mountain.

Slave and Worker SE of Roosting Tree: Finish mining, then road the forest WNW of Camelot.

3 Slaves NW of The Black Hole: Finish mining, then road the mountain.

2 Slaves NE of Husborne Crawley: Finish mining.

4 Slaves SSE of Halls of Mandos: Finish mining, then road the mountain.

4 Slaves SE of Halls of Mandos: Finish mining, then move NE (E of Halls of Mandos) and mine the mountain.

3 Workers ENE of Barchester: Finish mining, then move S and mine the desert, and then move onto the hill E of Rivendell and mine it.

2 Workers NW of Skye: Finish roading, then move 2SE (SE of Skye) and mine the desert.

Slave 2NE of Nijmegen: Finish irrigating, then road the plains.

2 Slaves NE of Tracheon: Finish chopping, then mine/road grassland.

Slave N of Aucthermuchty: Finish mining, then road tile, and move NE and plant forest.

3 Workers and 1 Slave 2NE of Auchtermuchty: Mine/road grassland tile, then move SE and mine hill, then road it.

Slave 2SW of Ela Springs: Finish mining, then road hill.

2 Slaves N of Delhi: Finish roading, then move SE (NW of Delhi) and mine the hill.

Other created or captured workers: DP's discretion. Keep them safe.

Ok... Due to lack of time (my fault) for a poll, I'm going to assume we want Sistines in donsignia. As for the Heroic Epic, its placing doesnt really matter too much, so in it goes to Husborne County. I have a feeling that may end up our Military Academy site too.

SaaM

Chat has started

We are researching Banking at 50% due in 8 turns.

Turn 0: 690 AD

Our 20 MA has expired so we can relook at the Astronomy trade. There's lots of gpt on offer if you trust them not to break the deal....

Turn 1: 700 AD

Some turns of preparation then we capture Valencia and on the next turn declare on the Dutch taking Leiden and razing Delft. Our trip to Barcelona doesn't go so well

Turn 5 - 740 AD

The Byzantines have completed Sistine Chapel so donsignia is switched temporarily back to Leos, We complete Banking and set research on Economics due in 7 to time with the Leos build.
Turn 7: 760 AD

We have taken Tours and are 1 Cavalry short of taking Madrid - now if only that Portuguese Sword wasn't there we could do it :mischief:

Turn 10 - 790 AD

Chat Log

Some more city names since Furiey is running out:

Riva
Punjab
Refreshing Beverage
Merigovenia
Shadow World
Half Life
Najora

Status
Not open for further replies.