Status
Not open for further replies.

zorven

12,000 Suns
This Turn Chat will be held:
GMT = Wednesday March 17, 02:00 (2 AM)
CST = Tuesday March 16, 20:00 (8 PM)

The 350 AD save game will be used.

This thread shall only contain Turn Chat Instructions from the relevent officials.

If specific tiles around a city need to be referenced, here is a guide so that we are all speaking the same language:

This is not a discussion thread.

Build Queues

Vandelay: library, market
comment 1: if we go for wonder building, the library should be hurried once the Great Wall is built and there is no cascade
comment 2: once we are republic, we have so much food that one of the mined mountains should be worked instead of the SW flood plain

Cijam: settler, settler, library, market
comment: the next citizen should work the mined tile, if we switch to republic

St. Octaviansburg: market, aqueduct
comment: next citizen should work the (then hopefully mined) 2nd hill

Raven's Flight: library, harbor; please work newly cleared/ mined tile with the next citizen

New Falcons Heaven: granary, suicide galleys until we make contact, library, market

Cabaret Voltaire: library, harbor
comment: please work the flood plain instead of the mine and with the next citizen the forrest

Ooligaria: switch to library, market
comment: once we have the 2nd flood plain irrigated, use it

standing wishes
if it is at all possible, please mm cities to coincide building of settlers/workers with pop growth
once a tile is improved, if possible please mm city in order use "best" improved tiles

strong recommendation
if we revolt, please mm all cities for max growth (shields and commerce are lost in anarchy) while not revolting
once we are republic mm all cities again to "best" status

wishlist for worker actions in Audiac
I'm not sure whether as Governor I can give instructions, (I'm not even sure who can) but I would like to give the following suggestions:

Vandelay/Cijam:
2 workers available: irrigate; road the flood plain
afterwards 1st worker should change irrigation on wheat to mine; if the new settler goes to site W, road toward it along the river and thru the desert; otherwise support settler elsewhere
2nd worker should irrigate, road the flood plain for Ooligaria, then road the desert to connect with the plains southwest, where we will road and mine the river shore

New Falcon's Heaven:
immediately road the E forrest; we are way over-irrigated; afterwards mine and road the W mountain

Raven's Flight:
clear, mine, road the remaining jungle; afterwards mine the roaded mountain near St. Octaviansburg; afterwards work towards Cabaret Voltaire (see below)

St. Octaviansburg:
until we have the aqueduct, we only need a mine on the hill

Cabaret Voltaire:
irrigate & road the flood plain, road the forrest, road, mine the hill

Military Alliances: As a prelude to negotiating Peace with Babylon please stop our alliance with Russia. Please do not form any further Military Alliances this chat.

Peace Treaties:
As per the result of this poll, please negotiate a Peace Treaty with Babylon – please make sure that the Russian alliance is stopped first.

Please negotiate Peace BEFORE WE REVOLT TO CHANGE GOVERNMENT if we are going to revolt of course, as this may also have an effect on the terms available for peace

The terms available for peace will change once the alliance is cancelled, therefore please negotiate the best deal possible using the priorities identified in this poll as follows:
  1. Shuruppak
  2. Their Worker
  3. Their Gold
  4. Nippur
  5. Eridu
  6. Kish
  7. Their World Map
If asked to renegotiate peace by Civs we are not at war with, please do so.

If it is necessary to renegotiate peace to donate a city, please do so, getting the best deal possible.

Embassies: None this chat

War Declarations: None this chat, and if war is declared on us by another Civ, please stop the chat so that we can discuss our approach in the forums.

Tribute Demands: Please reject all tribute demands from Russia unless the demand is trivial (10 gold or less and/or a territory map). From other countries, pay all tribute demands that do not exceed 40 gold or 2 gpt or that include technologies, cities, or contacts. If the demand exceeds 40 gold, 2 gpt, or includes contacts, techs, or cities, reject the demand.

Territory Incursions: Do not request or demand that any nation move its troops from our territory during this turn chat. If what appears to be a possible invasion force arrives near a city, please stop the chat and we can determine what to do in the forums.

New Contacts: It is not mandatory that the chat be stopped if we make a new contact. I would recommend, however, that the chat be stopped if a new contact provides a good trading possibility.

Additional: I believe that the cities gained in the peace deal will fall under Internal Affairs, so I cannot post instructions for this, however it has been suggested that some or all of these cities should be donated to other Civs rather than lost straight back to Babylon through culture flip. The discussion involving this is in this thread and donating cities is first mentioned in this post.

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this chat as I’m on GMT and should be fast asleep by then.

Trades
None this T.C.

Technology
If for some reason we get Feudalism this TC, this poll identifies the new tech to go for.

Continuation
If we happen to meet anyone new with new interesting techs or trade opportunities (contact, WM, gold, lux ...), assess whether we should stop the TC or not. The same holds true for the civs we already know.

The DP is authorised to decide on very obvious T&T decisions, should they appear. If non-obvious T&T related things happen, I would kindly ask T&T's involvement, preferrably in the forums. I am unable to attend. If T&T deputy Civanator is around, please discuss with him whether the opportunity is relevant enough. Else: the DP decides whether it is obvious or non-obvious.

Good luck.
Rik Meleet
T&T Minister.

Current Armed Forces:
11 Warriors
1 Archer
8 Spearmen
10 Swordsmen
3 Horsemen
3 Galley

Tasks of the Armed forces:

Garrisons:

Protection:
- 1 Warrior in Cijam to guard the settler there
- 1 Warrior N of Sanction, settler guard

Domestic:
- 1 Spearmen in Ooligaria, Garrison
- 1 Swordsmen in SL, Reserve Unit
- 1 Swordsmen in VM, Reserve Unit
- 1 Spearmen in Mure, Garrison
- 1 Spearmen in Huntington, Garrison SL
- 1 Spearmen in DR, Garrison Cijam

Offensive:
- 3 Swordsmen in Mr. Rogers, the 2 Horsemen and 1 Swordsmen NE of Acheron, and 1 Warrior and 1 Swordsmen in Acheron is labeled "Army Group Babylon" and are to attack all babylonian units in our territory. I ask that this be performed before the peace is signed.
- Should peace not be signed, I ask that AG Babylon attack Akkad and sieze the city.

Defensive:
NONE

Upgrades:
NONE

Operations:
The War is probably going to be over in this TC

Any units without instructions may move as they like, though city garrisons should not move unless it is of extreme importance.

NOTE: Units called "Reserve Units" Are units that have no real purpouse and can be moved at the DP's discretion. When the war ends, all military units will become "Reserve units"

Mr. President,

First, my apologies for my tardiness. Regrettable, matters at work intervened at a poor time.

As such, I have no instructions for you - only some suggestions.

First, there is significant support for a change of government once we are at peace. This is based on discussions and polls that have been done for the past two weeks.

Second, most cities under MIA control are in good shape.

Third, the settler in the NE does need to find a home - this thread should give you some ideas.

As I said, these are mere suggestions. The areas of concern that the MIA is responsible for are under your control for this session. Good luck!

Mr. President and the citizens of Fanatica - I am truly sorry for my tardiness.

-- Ravensfire, Minister of Internal Affairs

ps - anyone feel like beating the snot out of an IBM S80 with me?

Here is the summary of the turn chat held on March 17 GMT. The major event of this chat were:
  • We end our alliance with Russia
  • We sign Peace with Babylon. We get: Shuruppak, Worker, 27 gold, Nippur, Eridu, World Map, and Territory Map
  • We are now a Republic (How many turns of anarchy?)
  • Russia and Babylon sign Peace
  • Germany builds the Great Wall in Berlin
  • An Indian Settler Pair is heading north of Mûre. Another pair entered Babylon territory south of Babylon and is heading north
  • This chat ended after 5 turns so we could reasses our situation after becoming a Republic
  • No instructions were posted by: Internal Affiars, Berry, Senate

Pre-turn:
End Russian Alliance

Sign Peace with Babylon. We get:
Shuruppak, Worker, 27 gold, Nippur, Eridu, World Map, and Territory Map

Start the revolution

Set build queues and manage for growth and happiness

Send 2 Warriors in Acheron on Galley to new cities on the "Peninnsula"

End of Turn 0, 350 AD
Treasury 1254, +4 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 0

(no research this turn as I didn't have a scientist. I tried it and saw no science listed in the F1 screen where our budget is listed. I should have looked at the field below the sliders. I set a scientist going forward)

IBT:
Egypt demands tribute: Monotheism - we decline and no war
Sumerian barb galley attacks ours north of egypt, we win
Egypt is building Hanging Gardens

Turn 1:
Move units and workers. Micromanage for growth and happiness.

End of Turn 1, 360 AD
Treasury 1258, +4 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 21

IBT:
Russia and Babylon sign Peace
Greeks building some nice gardens
Babylon: Akkad influence expands, now their border is touching ours at Mr. Roger's Neiberhood

Turn 2:

End of Turn 2, 370 AD
Treasury 1262, +4 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 20

IBT:
Germany building even nicer gardens
2 Indian Settler pairs spotted: 1 moving north into Babylonian territory south of Babylon(city), the other SWW of Mure, moving north

Turn 3:

End of Turn 3, 380 AD
Treasury 1266, +3 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 19

IBT:
Berlin builds the Great Wall
Egypt, Russia, and Greeks in a craze over gardens

Turn 4:

End of Turn 4, 390 AD
Treasury 1269, +5 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 18

IBT:
Nothing

Turn 5:

End of Turn 5, 400 AD
Treasury 1274, +5 per turn
Reasearching Feudalism due in 17

IBT:
We are now in Republic

Turn 6:
No actions taken.

ENF OF CHAT

I wish to give my apologies for not posting my intructions. I recently had to reinstall Windows XP onto my computer and I have not gotten to reinstal Civ3 yet. Hopefully my laptop will cooperate in the future and that there will be no more absent instructions.

Sincerly Sorry,
CivGeneral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom