Turn Discusion T 119-130

It's not too bad for our 'allies', right. The military strongest team gets dogpiled by two civs that are played by actually one person, weakening us to a point where backstabbing becomes an option. :sad:

I really hope that I am wrong, but...
I am concerned about this too. First off, we need a caravel in the NW sea between us and Sirius. If a doublecross :backstab: is coming
it will come from that direction.

Another thing we could do is aggressively move on Comet and start establishing cities there as well. We saw one city that has virtually no defense. We could use this strong position on Comet as leverage later, one idea to think about... at any rate we need to start planning for what happens post Merlot, and then post Mavericks.

How soon can we mop up the Merlot forces on Marthaton?

I hope to kill their retreating forces the very next turn if my trap succeeds. And their cities will fall no later than 5-6-7 turns - depending what CDZ will do - they have 6 berserkers there.

If GG goes to Otreta, will it yield another promotion?

I have to check how much third settled general will benefit our soldiers.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0408.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0408.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Civ4ScreenShot0415.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0415.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 257
Ah, I will log out now, came here to ask advice about our new Great Spy.

I'll leave the Scotland Yard to you, you like the spy business ;)

Also, you can change the slider - we dont need more money for upgrades right now.

About the Great General - I had no the time to calculate what we will earn if we settle him in Otreta too, so just leave him alone for this turn.

Merlot has Optics now so expect to see Caravels being made to contest the Western coast of MHI.

Also, Quatronia landed a huge naval invasion force on Mavs home island last turn, but now the army has disappeared:confused: Did they just retreat back to their boats and sail away? Were they expecting the island to be undefended, and they were scared off to see Mavs actually have units on the island?... its all a little disappointing, and strange.

At any rate, I founded Scotland yard, giving us 44 base :espionage: per turn. I assigned 1 point to Merlot and 1 to Mavs, as we can see inside all M&M cities now. Some of the M&M cities are not building anything?:confused: but don't let this fool you. We can still look inside those cities. I also set the science slider to 100%. We can get roughly 270 of the 600 beakers we need for feudalism. Then we will need to drop to 0% again to build gold.

Just calculated the gain from settling our third GG in Otreta.

for now, ALL the units in Otreta get the following XP:

+3 from barracks
+2 from GG1
+2 from GG2
+2 from theocracy

thats 10 XP, which means we get 3 upgrades (at 8 XP benchmark for charismatic leaders) from scratch for all our units.

Mounted, however get another 2 XP from Stable, which = 12 XP. 1 XP point short of fourth promotion which we will gain at 13 XP benchmark.

If we settle the GG3 at Otreta, we can switch off of Theocracy and keep those bonusses, as the +2 XP from GG3 will make it for the lost 2 XP from not running theocracy.

If we settle our GG3 in another city ( Themiscyra? ) we will get triple promoted units there too keeping theocracy and double promoted land units + triple promoted mounted if we switch off theo.

One other possible use for GG3 can be building military academy in Otreta when the technology allows us. This with HE and docs will give us nearly 3 times faster building time for QUATRO promoted naval units. Scary, on this water based map, isnt it?

Just calculated the gain from settling our third GG in Otreta.

for now, ALL the units in Otreta get the following XP:

+3 from barracks
+2 from GG1
+2 from GG2
+2 from theocracy

thats 10 XP
3+2+2+2=9 not 10. Do units start with 1 XP? If yes, that would explain the 10pts.

In any case, I favor settling the new GG in Otreta. We can get the third promotion in other cities from Vassalage, and that way we can get four promotions in Otreta. We don't need to save the GG, as we are sure to get another soon.

Two other things we need to address. Sirius is expanding uncontested on Bode while we fight for every inch on Marthaton. I forgot to bring this up in negotiating for Anjennida, because frankly, we should get all of Anjennida, at least until Merlot is destroyed, to balance off the fact that Bode is uncontested. In fact, now that the city locations are settled, we should ask Sirius for this soon... what do folks think?

The second thing, is that the SAP ends in 26 turns...:(, 36 if you count the 10 turn grace period at the point of cancellation. This is an urgent matter that we need to decide how to handle. Do we seek to extend it? For how long?... Do we prepare for a Sirius invasion as soon as the treaty ends? Do we approach our other allies about this? Is it in our interest to plan on going after Sirius as soon as the treaty ends to pre-empt them from attacking us? Will they be expecting that?

That is another reason to ask them to temporarily gift us the Anjennida cities, and let us settle all of Anjennida. It will give us some insight into their intentions. If they refuse to help maintain som equilibrium, then we know they probably don't want to continue as close allies past the SAPs expiration. This is a complex one:)

3+2+2+2=9 not 10.
Yeah, not that good at math your general is :) Still more than 8, at which triple promotion is available.
We don't need to save the GG, as we are sure to get another soon.
Thats good point. I'll settle it the next turn in Otreta.

How should I name our newest city on Anjennida - the most southern one? Our settler is there, waiting for settling.

I named it Saber - for a good bode - our team to second the success of Team Saber in the Civ3 MTDG which just finished.

Yes, northern one :) Have to sleep a bit more.

Just wrote a turn record. (first in nearly a month)

So the Merlot city the Sangre was the Islam Holy City?:confused: Merlot discovered Divine Right? When?

Well anyway, that sucks for them:D I wish we could just raze that city as it is in a non-coastal location, but I guess we dont want to raze a Holy city. :( We are trading the city for the Library soon right?

Does the ETTT have Divine Right as well, or is that an M&M monopoly tech?

At any rate, I would favor reinforcing Nabaxica to keep the next Mavs SOD at bay, while we quickly settle ALL of Marthaton. We should settle all of Marthaton before trying to invade MHI. Our allies have been expanding, and basically leaving the Mavericks alone. We should do the same. Let Sirius and Q deal with the Mavs while we and CDZ grow fat off the Merlot lands. CDZ has proven to be a worthy ally.:)

Our immediate goal should be settle every possible city location, then prepare to invade MHI.

It seems that Q will probably be the worst off in this scenario, as we, CDZ, and Sirius all will soon have uncontested land to expand into. Soon the Q will have to go into all out War mode to dig the strong Mav defenders out of those cities on Comet. We are behind for now, but as we settle Marthaton quickly with our fast settlers, we will pass CDZ in score, and once Q has to go-it-alone against Mavs, we will pass them in score as well.

The turn log says that a Caravel is going to watch the straits South of Anjennida:confused: Did you mean North of Anjennida? I hope so, because that is where the sneak attack would come from.:backstab:

So the Merlot city the Sangre was the Islam Holy City? Merlot discovered Divine Right? When?

It is the Holly city, but I think it was after CDZ took it - they have to be the one discovered Islam.
This makes things a bit more complicated, but not a lot - they will have to regret a bit more giving the city to us.

Our immediate goal should be settle every possible city location, then prepare to invade MHI.
Agree - I'm building settlers.

Did you mean North of Anjennida?

As it turns out, I was too sleepy when I wrote this too.

My question is why you cut away the minimap from your screenshots? Those are immensely helpful. :S
When I take screenshot from my laptop, I hide the interface to let more of the map get in the screen.

Sometimes I do this even on my desktop pc with 1600x1200 monitor. Habit, will drop it from now on.

Well done guys! We can afford to lose a few units capturing Turnpike, but then we control the landmass!

At this point I think we switch away from military for a while and focus on improving land and building some more cities.

I would also suggest switching back to OR. We need to boost infrastructure for the time being. And with 3 GG's in Ort - that city can take care of our unit needs.

Top Bottom