Turn Discusion T 95-110

If that Barb Warrior does good damage to the top Merlot unit in the Copper mine stack - we may want to follow up with an attack. Just a thought, and we should not move our stack away without considering this. That barb may get crazy lucky.

I was thinking the same, but it is not very likely, and yet more - we will have better use for our units once upgraded. We are in no hurry. Let blockade them and then go for a sure kill.

9/29/10 3:56 pm Indiansmoke Logged out
9/29/10 3:53 pm Indiansmoke Finished turn
9/29/10 3:51 pm Indiansmoke Score decreased to 490
9/29/10 3:47 pm Indiansmoke Score decreased to 502
9/29/10 3:44 pm Indiansmoke Logged in

What?

Civstats have to be mistaken something. The order of decreases maybe? Looks to me like 3-people whip to me.

My turnplaying duty begins with much worst situation than I expected.

As I logged today to look around I had an unpleasant surprise, so I have to tell you what the situation is and to ask of your opinion of how to proceed with the current situation that our war with Merlots turns to a challenging endeavor.

I have some bad news and few good ones.

And as I know that a picture worth more than 1000 words, here are 2 screenshots from the current turn.

As you can see, Merlots have started to upgrade archers to xbows and they are now after us. Our axes are no longer a reliable weapon against those devil's inventions - the crossbows. We must retreat and look how to save our soldiers and how to protect our property and our position on Martathon and the international political scene.

But before to talk about immediate tactics, we must decide how to proceed in the major strategy.

Option one is we to defend Nabaxica and the sea and wait for us to have better technology that will assure us superiority on the battlefield to come back and fight again on and for Martathon. In this case our citizens will be sure and our belongings safe. But it will be a hit to our reputation and a ground for the other teams - allies and foes alike to start thinking about us as losers. And this is dangerous.

Option two is to focus everything on military and drive them from the battlefield.

The good news are that I can do this for the team. :devil:

So I think we have to vote or at least you must authorize me to use the whip, the saw and whatever it takes to crush Merlots and to claim Marthaton as ours and only ours.

If there is need the strategy to be voted, please Sommerswerd, do a poll.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Civ4ScreenShot0174.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0174.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 294
I suggest we move our stack to the jungle hill 1W of vandal. Our Axes will be fairly safe there and we will get maces+xbows of our own on the scene soon enough.

As to your whip/chop strategy, what do you have in mind? I don't think we are a team to take things on faith and would want to know what your plan was. Them I would not whip as it has great production and can crank out units really fast. Otherwise though, our home island is ripe for whipping/chopping. Of course we don't want to chop any of the fur/deer camps, but that still leaves a fair amount to cut down.

We are already going to have enough units to fill up our galleys for the time being, so I would think 2 caravels would be the 1st units to crank out. Then we get enough units for a 2nd drop off. Then get another galley and enough units for a 3rd drop off. By this point - we should have massive superiority. Does that sound like a decent rough strategy - if so, we now need to work out logistical details.

This is how I see thing splaying out. Both us and Merlot camping by the barbarian city. Neither of us attacks though because we know if we do, we will take damage and then the other team will be able to knock us out. The fact that we both will have xbow on hills also makes any direct attack against each other costly. I think to win this we will need a good number of catapults. Also some suicidal immortals may be useful. As they can avoid 1st strikes and can withdraw, they will be good to soften up the xbows.

On a side note, we need to keep an eye out to see if Merlot is sending forces to attack the canal city.

This situation is not as dire as it seems. We knew this was coming, which is why we started moving our axes away. The most urgent thing is to move our Pyrgomache away from Merlot xbows.

Nabaxica needs to be protected immediately so I would say send all our forces there. As long as we hold Nabaxica, they cannot touch us.

Next thing is Merlot must be pushed off Marthaton at all costs. Whip, chop, all cities and flood Marthaton with units. Catapults are urgently needed, but Elephants as well because with The Jumbos we can still crush Crossbows. 2metra has proven his tactical abilities to me in pitboss, and I have full confidence in him as a General... In fact I think the best thing to do is have an election of a General, as we are now in full scale way with Merlot. It is inevitable that they will take Vandal now, so we have to act decisively to defeat them. Nothing else is more important than this.

We also need to insist that CDZ declares war to force Merlot to keep their Crossbows in the city rather than chasing our Axes. I'll send that request now, and put up a proposal for the office of General.

Thanks Sommers for your support and trust.

As to your whip/chop strategy, what do you have in mind? I don't think we are a team to take things on faith and would want to know what your plan was.

Of course I will write comprehensive plans and post them here for the team to approve.

Some good news. (In terms that our word is heard across the world)

CDZ declared war on Merlots!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0377.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0377.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 282
Please switch from working the plains hill forest to working the plains mine for the extra :hammers:

I want to see the defense in the circus. We need another Spy so we can view both cities, or maybe the thing to do is run 100% :espionage: for 1 or so turn so we can Merlot cities. That way we can follow the stack with the Spy and still have visibility of both their cities.

We also have to tell Sirians what Merlot and Mavs are teching under the SAP treaty. I'll send a PM.

Last turn in The Circus there was 2 archers.
I'll try to switch working tiles and espionage tomorrow in the morning as I have to go now.

Top Bottom