Turn logs?

phoulishwan

Warlord
Is this something we should be keeping for GOTM's? I have one that runs up until around 1100Ad, then I went to work and played some more but forgot to keep a log and it ends there. Mostly just notes on my rationale behind making the decisions I made during that time frame.

phoulishwan said:
Is this something we should be keeping for GOTM's? I have one that runs up until around 1100Ad, then I went to work and played some more but forgot to keep a log and it ends there. Mostly just notes on my rationale behind making the decisions I made during that time frame.
Its not manditory. They're useful for the spoiler threads, and some people write fantastic logs. Generally, I find teh "why" more useful than the 'what' - it doesn't need to be turn-by-turn to the utmost detail (although if you want to do that, then fine too!)

There is no requirement to keep a log. Players do post notes in the appropriate spoiler thread.

[Damn he beat me to it. Must be because he is a mod.]

Thanks for the info! I got a couple screenies to go with them too, they're not fantastic notes but it helps me remember. Would be cool, if there was some way to compile these while in game, it's tough (read > time consuming) writing it all down then transcribing them to notepad.

Thanks Nice! Playing with it now...not sure I understand what the ALT+E vs CTRL+E difference is, trying them out to find out how to use them, but it's not making much sense yet.

EDIT: BTW, now that I've installed this cool mod, it won't let me reload the GOTM file. Not that it makes much difference as I've already submitted mine, but I guess that makes this logging util off limits for future GOTM's?

The autologger can be used with the GOTM file, I did it with absolutely no problems.

The difference between ctrl+e and alt+e is that one echo's it in the ingame log (accessable by alt+tab I believe) and the other one echo's it in the .txt log. Although I believe he may have changed it in the beta so that it does both and just bound it to both keys so that whatever people used out of habit isnt changed.

Top Bottom