Turn off the city state

clack

Chieftain
Hello. Does anyone have any ideas, how to turn off, or reduce the number of city-states? They are really a lot. I want to play only with the civilizations, that have AI.
Many thanks!

Upd. I found a solution.

For those that want less, or absolutely no city states.

go to your steam folder (Usually found under C: program files(x86)) followed by - steam apps - common - sid meier's civilization vi - base - assets - maps - utility - and find the file named " AssignStartingPlots"

First: Back up the file. If you break it, it's not my fault. Always back up files before you change them.

After the file is backed up, right click on the original and hit edit: Find the line that says:
" self.iNumMinorCivs = PlayerManager.GetAliveMinorsCount(); " and change it to " self.iNumMinorCivs = 0; "

This will set the number of city states to 0. If you want a few but less, change " 0 " to the number you want. Example: I have mine set at 8 on a huge map. Keeps them in-game but mostly out of the way This should let you set the number of city states to anything you want, assuming the number is less than normal. I have not tried setting it to more than default.

NOTE: Make sure it's the line that says "MinorCivs" not "MajorCivs". Minor is the second one listed.

FYI: Default city states is 1.5 times the default number of players. (On huge, default is 18 city states and 12 civs)

Hope this helps. And make sure you have the ; at the end of the line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom