Turn planning

True. I think we should change Aerie to a Marketplace (10 turns).

I was planning the forest chop to go to whatever unit we were building next in Aquila, but you can use it however you feel appropriate.

Originally, we planned to pump out workers until around turn 110. But I think that'd be too long. Next turn, we are going to start researching Education and with our current unit cost it will take us about 10-11 turns.

I propose to continue the pumping until turn 104/105, then start prebuilding for universities. On turn 106, BoP will complete the Forbidden Palace. I will do the maths to check, how big we can grow our cities with 10%, or 20% on the lux slider. Maybe Chamnix can support me here.

We are close to a decicive point in the game and should plan this carefully. If everything works fine, we'll be able to be the powerhouse of the game. :hammer:

Please give me your thoughts! The latest saves are available.

I think Aerie should continue to pump workers until we have enough to make all our core cities size 12 and still have enough workers left over to do the necessary work. That being said, I don't think it is necessary to wait that long before we add any workers to cities. I think turn 110 was the estimated turn we would have enough workers and all our core cities would reach size 7. It looks like we already have 3 cities at size 7 as of our next turn, Beizjagd is only 4-5 turns away, and The Hatchery can reach size 7 quickly if we stop building settlers there.

As long as a city has 12 tiles to work, I think it would be ok to start adding workers anytime to bring them to size 12, but keep pumping out workers in the meantime. I wouldn't worry too much about the luxury slider. As long as our new citizens are working roaded tiles (or coast), they will increase our net income even as the luxury slider increases as long as most of our core cities get large together.

I have good news and bad news:

Good: Our sword on the new island (how could we name it?) got promoted to elite.

The bad news:

Spoiler :

There are 6 horsemen, who couls reach us next interturn. That is probably too much for our sword. But furthermore it would cost us quite an amount in gold, I assume.

Maybe we can hand our gold to Anarchie and they return it to us immediately. Due to the turn order it should help us.

Comments??

I suppose we could move the units back onto the ship, let the sword heal, and then try the landing again. Fully healed, the sword has a greater chance of taking more of those horses out. But we risk losing the settler on a second landing.

We could move the settler back onto the ship and then try to clear more of the barbs with the sword. That would take several turns and we risk losing the sword and delaying the settling of the city even longer.

We could wait for reinforcements. That would also delay things significantly.

The gold transfer option seems like the best way to go.

Let's move the Settler and Sword back on the Dromon and take them to the other side of the island. Our next Dromon should have 2 Swords.

Let's move the Settler and Sword back on the Dromon and take them to the other side of the island. Our next Dromon should have 2 Swords.

Now that is a completely new option. But the island is not that big. The horsemen will be on the other side really quick. It will take many turns to get more units over there.

I will check any meaningful money investments this turn and alternatively the export/import possibility with Anarchie.

Will be back here. This turn might take a little longer!

We have 269 gold available.

1. Rush MI in Aquila for 92 gold
2. Rush a settler in IC for 62 gold. Tohether with the MI they could go to the nw island
3. Shortrush a temple in Tuscan Talon for 56 gold, then switch back to market and save two turns
4. Shortrush a courthouse in Beizjagd for 12 gold then switch back to Aqueduct to save one turn.
5. Shortrush a pike in Shqiperia for 32 gold, then switch back to library to save two turns

That is a total 254 gold. then the loss is not worth mentioning due to the new city.

Comments?

We haven't talked explicitly about Invention, but what will Anarchie be doing while we are researching Education? They may have already started Invention on their last turn.

As far as passing gold to Anarchie, we don't know for how long we will have to pass it - there could conceivably be horsemen hitting us every turn for a while. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, but it is something to be aware of.

I haven't downloaded the save, so take these comments with a grain of salt, but as far as rushing:

1. If Beizjagd would grow before the aqueduct completes on its own, then that one is a no-brainer (even if we didn't have barbarian issues, I would do that).
2. Consider rushing a settler from Chambo.
3. Consider rushing the harbor in Leone.
4. It may make more sense to produce a pike in Aquila instead of the MI.

Everything you suggested looks good also.

I probably won't play today. So if anybody wants to open the save and make more proposals, go ahead...

I like the rushing idea. We spend that gold and settle. The Swordsman fortifies and we use the Dromon to bombard the coastal horseman.

Do ships fortified in cities get destroyed if a barbarian pillages a town?

Looks like the island is crawling with barbs. I don't think there is going to be anywhere that is safe to land.

Do ships fortified in cities get destroyed if a barbarian pillages a town?

Not sure. I don't recall ever having a city ransacked with a ship in it. But my guess is that they do get destroyed.

Top Bottom