Turn planning

Nice!

Some interesting things:

1. I just recognized that The Mausoleum of Mausolos triggers a Golden Age for as well scientific civs and for seafaring civs. That actually means, we do not need the Collossus to get the Golden Age. I am sorry that I was not aware of this really. I always thought it would just be a scientific wonder. now the Question is, do we still want the Collossus in Tusacan Talon? I'd say yes. Tuscan Talon has the potential to become really powerful. We could also build Copernicus there to increase science output further. Our Golden Age would be perfect for this. on te other hand we could switch it to military (Dromons) immediately. It could build a Dromon avery other turn. Note that we won't be able to build Dromons any more after researching Astronomy (Caravels), as our Golden Age has been triggered by that time already.

Furthermore this means, we will trigger our Golden Age on turn 122 already!!

2. The Hatchery will build a barracks after the university. It does not really need a marketplace, as we won't be able to lower the lux slider anytime soon anyway.

3. We have no more costs for unit upkeep!

4. Our military is now average to Kueche!

5. Still nobody has Chivalry or Invention.

I agree that we ought to build the Colossus in Tuscan Talon. After all, it's useful until Flight comes around, and the game could be over before we even get there. I also think that we need at least a small fleet of Dromons that we could use against any invaders. So I'd say we want a few more before researching astronomy.

And what are you guys' thoughts on that small 1 tile hill island in the middle of the lake? It seems like a perfect place to make a last stand (if we ever need to make one), and I'd be disappointed if we never at least considered a fortress with a settler there.

And what are you guys' thoughts on that small 1 tile hill island in the middle of the lake? It seems like a perfect place to make a last stand (if we ever need to make one), and I'd be disappointed if we never at least considered a fortress with a settler there.

I really hope this will not become necessary. From my point of view, we are in an excellent position right now. As you can see in the culture graph nobody seriously takes care of research. (and we only have 1 university right now).

Anarchy and the Knights are busy with war. They had to put all their Golden Ages into units.

Kueche seems to do minimum reserch at Chivalry. They are not scientific, so building libs and unis will be a big effort for them. And they still lack even Theology. The only way for them to beat us is a surprise attack by backstabbing us during our lux exchange. Or they already have a hidden alliance with the Knights for some future co-operation. :dunno:

How do you know that nobody has Chivalry?

I check the research costs of Chivalry. And if it takes the originial 800 beakers (4 turns at 200 bpt, but not at eg. 197 bpt) then nobody researched it. If it gets cheaper, someone researched it already.

Yes, I'd like to see us plop down a city on that hill.

Seems like we're in a very good position at this point. :goodjob:

Errr, I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but there is a town called Alcatraz on that island already quite a while!?
:facepalm: Yep. I just missed the single screenie in which the town is actually visible. Ah well, carry on...:blush:

Errr, I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but there is a town called Alcatraz on that island already quite a while!?

I also missed the settling of Troy/Alcatraz when I went back to look at the screenshots. Sorry about that, Calis.

:D You guys had ME worried. I went through the screenshots thinking, "What the .... What hill island in what lake? How could I have missed this....?"

That's 30 days on Alcatraz for the both of ya! :hammer:

And I do agree that we are the world leader here and should have no problem winning the game. [/famous last words...]

And I believe the Collossus in Tuscan Talon would be good thing. TT will be able to put all that extra commerce to good use. The wonder may also help keep those ocean liners from crashing on our shores. ;)

Then we can knock out some Dromons.

I hope that by the time, our GA starts we will have gotten Chivalry from Kueche. Then we can start building Knights and upgrade them to cavs soon after. Probably we will have to build a few horsemen, too.

So what's the deal with Chivalry? The Kitchen does not owe us that tech, correct? And we do not owe Invention to them, correct?

Are we going to be paying them gold for Chivalry? Any idea what they have been spending their gold on? What new techs have dropped in price?

So what's the deal with Chivalry? The Kitchen does not owe us that tech, correct? And we do not owe Invention to them, correct?

Are we going to be paying them gold for Chivalry? Any idea what they have been spending their gold on? What new techs have dropped in price?

They insisted to keep Chivalry in the deal. So, as I see it, they have to give it to us as soon as they researched it. and we do not have to pay anything for it.

Maybe next turn rush the harbor in Hellgate so it will complete on growth to size 3?

Will do so.

Ok, in a week Calis will be away from the Designated Player position for the month of March.

Can we post an overall summary of the next 5 or 6 turns, in regards to our plans? The game isn't moving very quickly, but looking ahead with a direct plan is a good thing.

Will we be researching at a full speed? Will we be sending more troops or Settlers to Fire Island (Hellgate)? What if the Kitchen wants to negotiate a tech deal? What are the Rules of Engagement and when can we declare war?

First of all @Chamnix: I did not rush the harbor, as I am not sure, how much deficit spending we will need to get Chemistry in 4 turns. It won't be too easy without our Golden Age. And as I calculated, we will have 1 turn of GA, if we want to get Chemistry in 4 turns. And I think we do want to research everything up to MT in 4 turns, to answer one of Cycs questions.

So here are my ideas on Cycs points:

Research:

I think we want full pace research until we get Military Tradition, as we want to overrun Kueche with Cavalry. No one will have a chance to get there anytime soon. Everythink looks like nobody is really building libs/unis.

Tech deals:

This is getting interesting. As Chamnix said, the Knights will have The Great Library soon. So tere are two options, how we treat this situation.

1. We give Education to Anarchy. In this case The Great Library will be obsolete immediately after Knights got the techs up to Education, including Feudalism, Monotheism, Theology and Engineering. (They won't get Chivalry, Invention and of course not Gunpowder).

2. Or we say, we do not care about their Library as we are way ahead anyway and nobody except us will get the techs up to MT anytime soon. (Including the Knights).

Troops/settlers to Fire Island

No more units right now, I would say. Kueche is starting to build some military and probably will have lots of gold, as they are researching Chivalry at a very low lvl. Thus, we need to build up some military ourselves.

Declaration of War

We can't declare before turn 132, as our lux deal with Kueche will end on turn 131, IIRC.

But after that we should be prepared to fight immediately to make use of our advanced units.

Top Bottom