1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Scheduling

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Octavian X, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

There was an slight expression for the need for a more definte schedule for turns. I have two ideas that could help this problem, both drawn from the Civ3 Demo Game.

One, the president could post a thread where he or she states exactly when the next turn will be played, wheter on a monthly, weekly, or turn by turn basis. This would be the simpler idea.

The second one draws from the Civ3 Demo Game's turn chat threads. For those unfamiliar with this system, before each turn chat (the public method by which turns are played), the president posts after the last thread one outlining when the chat will be played. Various leaders, after arriving upon the public's will, posts instructions to be followed in the chat. The designated player uses these insturctions for playing the game,and then posts the final save for that chat in the thread.
    Perhaps the president here could put up a new thread after he completes each turn for the next one, outlining when he will play. Leaders could post instructions if they wish, and the president could edit the first post for the summary of his actions.

These are a bit unclear, I know, but please, discuss!

2. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

We already do something similar to that, but less formal.

The President usaually posts what two days during the week they will be able to play. Like every Tuesday and Saturday night, or every Monday and Friday morning. Simple as that.

The President already opens a new thread and then posts the new turns save in that thread. In that thread the Advisors post the things that were decided upon that will be used for the next turn.

3. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

It's a good idea to post on what days (and the approximate time) you will usually play, when you can't make it you just post that you will play later. You can create a thread for this. It's what I did when I was prez, back in the dayzzz....... ;)