Turn Session July 13th, 2010

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Were in last place so there is lots to do but I think the biggest issue for the next TC is the imminent barbarian attack.

• A barb warrior is 2 turns from our farm and 3 turns from the city of Coppak, which is defended by a single warrior with +10% promotion, we also have two workers in the area.

Our warrior is fully fortified so he should be able to defend the town but I don’t want to let the barbs wander through the woods and disrupt our workers or pillage tiles, we have to get copper hooked up in 9 turns.

We finish archery this turn though so my proposal is to have our warrior fortify on the farm, switch to slavery and rush an archer which will appear just in time to defend Coppak. The worker needs to find a safer tile as well so he’ll begin a cottage on the river plains just north of the city, cancel that job next turn then move further back and help finish the mine. Hopefully the barbs will attack or warrior and loose but even if he wins our archer should be able to finish him leaving the way clear for our workers to get back to business.
  • Espionage spending will be concentrated on Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan and Zara Yaqob to giving us demographics on 5 of the opposing civs. (Its open leaders so these guys lead Egypt, Germany and Portugal)
  • We need to decide our next tech also. I’d like animal husbandry (10 turns) as our next tech so we can start planning for horses but we’ll need iron working (27 turns) soon to chop jungles near Coppak.
  • We have two cities and two workers, but only two warriors so we need more defenders. Babylograd will finish the barracks in 3 then make two archers. Coppak is currently building a barracks, if we rush an archer it will spend the TC recovering its population and finishing the barracks.
  • The scout will continue exploring south of Babylograd, but will not wander to deep in the wilderness. There are some very valuable resources there and I think it is a good place for our 3rd city. I’d like to use the scout to fog bust and reduce the chances of barbs spawning since we’ve already made contact with all the other civs and huts are probably all popped.

Anyway those are my suggestions. I look forward to your input but also please post if you have questions or need more information.

Attachments

• Aaaaah!0000.JPG
    Aaaaah!0000.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Tsar Civius BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    150.1 KB · Views: 189
Oh, I haven't been checking these forums so I didn't see this. Nice to see you got it going again. :)

And your suggestions are cool.

Turn Played.

2000BC
Worker moves to plains begins cottage and quits.
Warrior moves to farm, upgrades to melee.
Ep spending concentrated on Zara Yakob
Slavery – anarchy

1975BC
Barbarians leave, so no rush
Worker moves to hills and finish mine at Coppak

1950BC
Finish archery start animal husbandry
Workers move to forest

1925BC
Scout locates Germany (khan)
ep spending adjusted

1900BC
Scout locates coast

1875BC
Babylograd finishes barracks starts archer
Scout finds Inca (Joao)

1850BC
Workers chop forest, start cottage
Coppak finishes barracks starts archer

1825BC
Nothing

1800BC
Random gives Sumeria (Tokugawa) research boost
Scouts watch Joao chariot race past
Finish cottage at Coppack (GDP now in 4th place)

1775BC
Barb archer with +10% seen near Coppack
Rush archer

1750BC
Finish animal husbandry (only horses are already in Inca and Germany)
Coppack finish Archer
Barbarians leave
Coppack’s Border expands

Please check out the new save and post your comments at the new turn discussion thread. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9373808#post9373808

Top Bottom