1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn time is fine, but selecting units a nightmare

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by paulcarri, Aug 8, 2013.

1. paulcarri

paulcarri Prince

Hey all

Got the game today, time between turns is fine, about ten seconds 100 turns in

but from the start, i get a very wierd lag selecting units, for instance, i get the message that my unit needs orders, i click it and move it... the game then takes a minute to acknowledge the unit has moved! (it moves immediaty but wont let me end the turn).

To a lesser extent it takes ages to acknowedge ive selected a new research project

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

2. paulcarri

paulcarri Prince

turning game threading to 0 has dramaticaly improved things...yay!

wierd though

3. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

How do you do that??

I've had the same problem lately: Extreme lag in executing unit commands.

I *thought* the problem was caused by me still playing G&K 'cause I haven't bought BNW yet. As you know, Steam will automatically download new DLCs & expansions but you can only access them when you have paid. So, anyway, I noticed different looking units (workers, great people) in my G&K game and found that they are the BNW renditions.

So, if I can find the "game threading" and turn it to 0, that will solve my problem?

4. paulcarri

paulcarri Prince

Theres a file in the game directory called config.ini

open it in notepad and edit the appropriate line and it may well help.

I think its because quad cores and up use game threading well, but dual cores dont.