1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Times

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by The Omega, Sep 12, 2010.

1. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

I'm running into a problem with the turn times on a map I'm making. Each player goes through their turns, the barbarians move, and then it just stops for 20-40 seconds. No action on the screen or anything.
    The map is 200X200, with land taking up the vast majority of the map. There are 14 players, with 14 preplaced cities (all cities belong to one player). There are no harbors or airports between any of the cities, but there are roads between them.

So far, I've tried removing all the preplaced cities, cutting the number of barbarians in half, and removing all roads, but none have had any discernible effect on the wait time between turns. I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed which might account for the delay. Any advice?

2. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

I know there are lots of stuff that can slow turns down.

Any Immobile units that have Go To and/or Explore Orders checked will slow things down quite a bit.

The number of units placed on the map usually doesn't make a huge difference unless the number is very large, but I believe it was incremental as it gets larger.

3. The Omega

I just went back and removed Go To and Explore from all the immobile units, but it still didn't alter the wait between turns any.

4. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

If you make any changes to a .biq file you will not see them in any save games made with the prior version. You must start a new game with the edited .biq to notice any changes.

You might also try eliminating the trade over seas and air trade flags from buildings which have those options checked. This will greatly reduce your wait time between turns.

5. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

:run:

6. The Omega

:lol:
    What he said.