1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Times

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by fire_dragon54, Nov 15, 2003.

1. fire_dragon54

fire_dragon54 Chieftain

Hey folks.
    I presume that all players suffer from the long waiting times when there's lots of civilizations playing. Are there any ways to shorten the turn times? Would it be a matter of your computer speed even? Conquests is a real good game but the long waiting times just ruins it for me.
    Cheers,

2. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

A faster computer helps.

But unless you've got one monster of a computer, it will be slow with 31 civs playing, once a decent network of trade routes are up. I tend to shy away from more that 15 opponents for this reason (2.0GHz laptop).

3. DasScoot

DasScoot Chieftain

Eh, I've never played above a dozen, I'd hate to see what 31 civs does. It does annoy me that it's long enough for me to take a break to the bathroom/kitchen, but if I leave the AI could kill half my guys and I wouldn't know. I remember when I was playing Civ II on my playstation it had to be 10 minutes for AI to take its turn.