Turn Tracker (Post Sirius-war)

Caledorn

Emperor
Hello to my fellow Quatronians!

To make it easier to see the turns played now that I am taking over the turnplaying for our team, I am making a new thread and I will post a per-turn-log of what I'm doing in the game here. I am opting for making a new thread instead of using the old one as the old ones seems to be in a bit of disuse :)

Any input and suggestions will be more than welcome - in fact it will be necessary if we are to have a chance at winning or at least making second place. Please use this good old thread for the turn discussion to keep this new thread as clean as possible.

I hope as many as possible will participate in the gameplay!

1670 AD

The only thing I have done so far this turn is putting 2 workers on the task of removing 2 tiles of Jungle near Orion. I have not ended the turn, though.

I have a dentists appointment in 1 hour, so will be looking more closely at the situation later this afternoon if there is something I believe needs to be done. Feel free to peruse the screenshots in the other thread and come with suggestions if you have any.

BTW: Would someone like to contact Team CDZ and ask them about the culture situation in the cities "Or here..." "...ereh rO" ? Those are the two cities that are nearly flipping our city. I can do it if noone else wants to of course.

1675 AD

I have consolidated our troops and intend to move them to Resonance on the southern arm in case we have a conflict with CDZ. It seems unlikely now though.

1680 AD

The troops have all been moved to Resonance, and I've left the troops in the transports so it doesn't appear that we have a massive force there. I may move them back to QHI just in case, so CDZ doesn't think we intend to go on the offensive against them - what do you guys think?

I have also set several cities that completed the commercial buildings to build factories now. 5 turns left for Broadway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get it. :)

1685 AD

Not much to report this turn. Moved the troops from Resonance back to QHI, and told some workers to build some improvements (a workshop and a village) near Comet.

1690 AD

We lost Broadway, as I discovered when I logged in and Sommerswerd of the Amazons offered to trade us Hit Musicals for Clams. I accepted, obviously.

I have set Continuum to build Shwedagon Paya (Which will take us 3 turns), and had a nice surprise when I discovered Continuum have popped a Great Engineer that I have put on sleep orders for now. I'm thinking we can use that for a wonder we really want.

I asked Amazons for Communism, a tech they've obviously had at least a turn or two, since both them and Sirius has it. According to the ETTT they are obliged to give it to us, so I expect we'll get it as soon as Sommerswerd logs in.

I am still running our Culture slider at 50%, but I think it's safe to lower it in a turn or two. Both CDZ and Amazons have offered to spread Corporations to our cities, Constructaco and Sid's Sushi respectively, so those will add a decent culture output to Pulsar City.

Our current civics are a bit off if we're not going to go to war. We are running Representation, which should possibly be changed into Universal Suffrage? Also Nationhood seems a poor choice, and could be changed into Free Speech? And lastly, we are still running Slavery, which I believe would be best changed into Emancipation? This depends on what we aim to do.

Declaring war on another nation does not violate the ETTT. The ETTT only requires us to share our tech with the other civs, even the ones we are at war with. So if we decide we want to go to war with CDZ, then we are not breaking the ETTT as long as we continue to share tech with them. However, they do have fighters, so we may be in for a rough ride there - and I'm definitely not a good General, so if we want to go to war I'm going to need some serious assistance with battle calculations.

1695 AD

Just 4 constructions to report this turn:

Pulsar Plateau finished a Stupa, so more culture there now (I think the city is safe now), and I set the build order for the Heroic Epic to both utilize the city's high hammer output if we need troops and to get more culture.

I set Cygnus to produce a Factory, Resonance to build an Aqueduct and Singularity to build a hospital (Singularity is in starvation due to not having enough health resources).

I did not end the turn in case someone has some comments or suggestions (Which I sorely miss btw guys! I'm definitely not sure I'm doing the correct or wisest moves here..).

1700 AD

Mizar completed a Hospital, so I set them to produce an Intelligence Agency.

I changed the sliders according to this:

Culture: From 50% to 0%
Science: From 0% to 40%
Espy: Frpom 0% to 20%

We are still going in + goldwise with a slider of 60% total.

1705 AD

Continuum completed the Shwedagon Paya :) I set the city to build a Factory as next goal.
Resonance completed an Aqueduct, but is still in health deficiency, so I set the city to build a Hospital as the next goal.

I also rearranged some of the worked tiles of two of the cities on the Comet-arm (north of QHI), because they were spending way too long to complete their projects, so the cities now harvest more hammers than they did previously.

I will try to take more screenshots and upload sometime during the next days, so you should get an updated visual of our current lands and situation soon (tm). :)

1710 AD

Pulsar Plateau completed the Heroic Epic, but we've lost a tile to a CDZian city this turn, so obviously we're lacking culture here. The constant pressure from those two cities on each side of the city is problematic, to put it mildly. The city tile culture has also been reduced from 51% Quatronian to 50%. Not sure how to deal with this properly. I have set the city to build a Hindu Temple, which is the last +culture building we can build there without going for more National Wonders.

Orion completed a Theatre, and I set it to build a Forge as the next build.

Do note - I have a new dentists appointment tomorrow, so I will most likely be playing the next turn without making a forum post until sunday.

1715/1720 AD

I'm sorry guys, but I was unable to play these two turns. :( Going to play 1725 today.

1725 AD

Quatron completed a Factory, I set the city to build a Hospital since the city has a bad health deficiency.

Resonance had Wealth as build goal, so I set it to build a Buddhist Stupa to get more culture in the area.

1730 AD

Apostolic Palace Vote this turn - I voted for Alphashard (Team Sirius), as a gesture of goodwill.

Singularity completed Public Transportation, and I set the city to build a Security Bureau (I believe it is a good idea to build these in all our major cities for the added espionage bonuses?)

I moved a rather big force into Pulsar Plateau this turn as well. I hope CDZ does not view it as a hostile action if they notice it. I moved in 2 MG, 12 Riflemen and 4 cannons in addition to the defense that was already there.

I also set Pulsar Plateau to build an Executive for CreateCon (which will take 3 turns) so we can get this Corp to another city. Amazon has promised us Sid's Sushi Co, but I do not know how long it will take them to get an Exec down to Pulsar Plateau.

I think it might also be a good idea to build some Buddhist monks to spread Buddhism to all our cities over the next upcoming turns.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, or violent reactions to my thoughts? :)

1735 AD

Asymtote completed a Factory, and I set it to build a Hospital.

Requested a tech trade with Team Sirius. They have rocketry, and we have Refrigeration. Obviously noone else has thought of giving them that tech, so I did so, and requested Rocketry back.

I set our new tech goal to be Fission, asking Sommerswerd who happened to be in game while I was there what the most sensible research goal would currently be according to the other ETTT member goals. 15 turns for that with the current sliders (40% tech).

Please review my proposed civic changes in the turn discussion thread too. :)

Not much to report

I don't remember the name of the city right now, and I am at my laptop so I cannot log in to the game, but I set one of our cities that were finished with production on the southwestern arm of the main continent to produce a temple.

I also modified our civics according to the Turn Discussion Plan (With the addition of Free Market), so we are in a 3 turn anarchy now.

PS! Has someone else than me logged in and changed the production of some of our cities? I noticed one of our cities is producing a Coal Power Plant, and I can't remember setting that as the production goal for any of the cities, as I have been trying to get our health deficiencies up. I left the production there, so the Coal Plant is done next turn (after the revolution), but just wondering about this. :)

We've got 2 more turns of Anarchy, so nothing to report this turn. :)

Last turn of Anarchy, so nothing to report for this turn

We're now out of Anarchy again, and we gained Radio and Fascism (I believe this was the one - I will have to doublecheck to be certain) from the other teams. I set our tech for Mass Media, but currently running the tech slider at 0%. I can't see any reason why we should waste any $ in tech at the moment when we desperately need culture on the southern peninsula. We have lost way too many tiles around Pulsar Plateau now.

1 turn left for West Point in Continuum - however, I set the city to build the Eiffel Tower, which put West Point behind in the queue. Free Broadcast Towers in all our cities would severely improve the culture situation. I will send a PM to Sommerswerd asking if Team Amazon could be so kind as to let us have this wonder, and if he can also double check with their superior espy if any of the other civs are building it and if they will complete it before us (We will use 8 turns).

We also have a Great Engineer that I have kept in hiding in Continuum. I suggest we send him to Pulsar Plateau and build Rock'n'Roll with him there (I assume he will complete the project? Does anyone know how many hammers a Great Engineer provides for a Great Wonder?) to get an additional +50% culture there. With both that and the Eiffel Tower Pulsar Plateau should gush out nearly 250 culture p/t. It's currently outputting 126 culture p/t.

Resonance completed Buddhist Stupa - Now building Buddhist Missionary (I intend spread Buddhism to the 5 cities on Comet)

Mizar completed Coal Plant (which is a bit of a mystery to me still) - Now building Security Bureau

Orion completed Forge - Now building Factory

Pulsar Plateau - changed from Culture to Rock'n'Roll and spent a Great Engineer. 4 turns left. :)

I missed 1770 because I'm overworked at the moment. Sorry guys.

Resonance completed Buddhist Missionary. Set it to build another one.

Cygnus completed a Factory. Set it to build an Aqueduct.

Singularity completed a Security Bureau. Set it to build an Intelligence Agency.

Quatron completed a Hospital. Set it to build a Security Bureau.

Aldebaran completed a Confucian Temple. Set it to build an Aqueduct.

Should we change the names on the cities on Comet that we gained from Sirius to better fit in with our naming scheme by the way?

Resonance completed another Buddhist Missionary. Set to build another one.

Asymptote completed a Hospital. Set to build an Intelligence Agency.

Shamoo Pointe completed a Lighthouse. Set to build a Forge (that I paid to complete - almost no hammers in SP)

Alcor completed a Factory. Set to build a Sid's Sushi Co Executive.

Resonance completed Buddhist Missionary. Set to build an Intelligence Agency.

Pulsar Plateau lost Rock'n'Roll. :( Set to build Culture again. See below for comments.

Shamoo Pointe completed the Forge. Set to build a Factory.

Mizar completed a Security Bureau. Set to build a Jail.

I spread Buddhism to Orion.

Comment

Rock'n'Roll is a bit of a crisis now. CDZ was the nation who built it in front of our noses (Due to alphabetically being in front of us!), and they built it in Or Here, which is one of the two cities that are severely punishing us by stealing tiles in Pulsar Plateau.

I'm currently not in a position due to work where I have the time to sit down and make a treaty suggestion for Amazon - but it seems clear that we need to go to war with CDZ now if we wish to retain any hope of maintaining control of our southern peninsula cities. If someone has the time to make a draft for a treaty with Amazon, that would be very helpful, as we need that treaty before I dare go to war. I feel certain Amazon will accept such a treaty.

If there is noone who has the time to do such a thing, we may have to wait several weeks before such a treaty can be made by myself, so I really really hope someone can do it for us!

1795 (I think I have the years wrong above, because I'm certain I haven't skipped any turns)

Aldebaran completed Aqueduct - set to build a Confucian Academy.
Resonance completed Intelligence Agency - set to build an Airport.
Cygnus completed Aqueduct - set to build a Coal Plant.
Singularity completed Intelligence Agency - set to build an Airport.
Horizon completed Customs House - set to build a factory.
Mizar completed Jail - set to build an Airport.

Spread Buddhism to Alcor (And attempted in Aldebaran too, but sadly failed).

Changed the weight of espionage to be 100% @ CDZ instead of Amazon. Changed the sliders a bit so we now make 664 espy points per turn.

1800- Turn 270

We got the Eiffel Tower! :) 1 Turn left for West Point too in Continuum.

I also set up lots of notes around Pulsar Plateau last turn to see if we are still losing or gaining cultural foothold there, and we are actually gaining cultural foothold now, so all hope is not lost. We may be able to recapture some of the tiles there culturally over the next turns! :)

I noticed that CDZ has completed research for Mass Media, but not traded it to us on their own account (Most likely because of Hollywood), so I requested it from them in trade.

Top Bottom