Turn Tracker Thread

Turn 94 - 525 BC

Our Immortal explores some more of Cav's territory. Wow, they've got a seriously powerful empire up and running. That's kind of alarming...

Worker at Titan starts another cottage. Worker near Iapetus starts heading toward the Silver without building any roads. Accidentally misclicked the Worker next to Saturn (Toch), and sent him onto a hill. However, it'd probably be good to mine that hill anyway (since Saturn will be growing a lot very soon), so maybe we should do that to avoid wasting the move?

New Immortal at Titan heads W-SW, I suggest he continues generally W to explore some uncharted territory nearby for potential future city sites. (By the way, there's a "possible city" marker to the south in an absolutely awful location... no resources at all! Why is this?)

Trade made with SANCTA: Ivory for Silver. It doesn't reduce our happiness at all, but increases theirs - and we'll have another Silver soon enough.

I think we should consider closing borders with Kaz/Cav/MS. They're gaining commerce from trade routes which we're not getting in return. We could re-open borders once we have trade routes available with these two teams. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1602.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1602.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Civ4ScreenShot1603.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1603.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 408
  • Civ4ScreenShot1604.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1604.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 384
500 BC

Note! Most of the screenshots taken before "end turn".

Immortal in Cavs land moving using roads whenever possible ends up some tiles NW. This map doesn't seem that balanced. Cavaleiros has also plenty of flood plains around.

Scouting immortal near Titan moved W-SW.

Worker near Iapertus moving towards Silver

Dione's borders popped (WE'll need some worker improving pig tile as soon as possible)

Saturn's warrior got ready. I started Granary (any other suggestions?).

There is barb axe coming in the west of Titan. There is Immortal ready and should have good odds in both attack and defense.

We're 2nd in GNP, but pretty much everything else is bad.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 355
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 381
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 351
  • pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 388
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 353
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 363
we're screwed. Surrender.

Turn 96 - 475 BC Again pictures has been taken before "end turn".

Barbs are now everywhere.
* Barb axe south from Iapetus (Luckily wounded 2.5 Strength). I moved Immortal badly to place where Axe can attack, but at least we've defensive bonus 25% and 4 strength.
* Barb axe in the east of Titan continued towards Titan. I decided to withdraw Immortal and hope Axe comes to plain land so that we can attack with better odds.
* Barb warrior is north from our scout heading west.
* Barb warrior coming towards Dione from NW. I moved Western Guard above Pig tile so that worker plako can hopefully move on top of it next turn. I also moved 1 warrior inside Saturn a little bit closer so thatin caseof very bad luck he can come and help

We received Masonry from SANCTA. I offered Monarchy to them.

Southern scout did go above the Cavs city. Reveals horses.

Noticed that we actually have foreing trade routes to Cavaleiros because of rivers that connect us together. So no need to be in a hurry to explore through sea. And actually we'll had to also have river connection to Kazs since Confucianism did spread to us.

Worker plako moves towards Pigs and Joshua towards silver. DMOC is close to Titan and I started mining (ready in 7 turns) the hill. We can change this to chop whenever we like since it seems we aren't getting Mathematics any time soon.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 377
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 431
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 341
  • pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 366
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 348
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 384
Turn 97: 450 BC

All barb battles between the turns were won (near Iapetus and Dione). The barb axe near Titan did come to grassland so I killed it with Immortal. Immortal has now experience 5 and possibility to 2 promotions. However there are new threats near Dione. Barb axe and warrior. I moved Immortal 1 south from pig tile to have good defense odds against barb axe and promoted Immortal to Combat I. Furthermore I moved warrior coming from Saturn 1 tile forward so that it could come to Dione in 1 turn and send Immortal from Rhea so that it would be in Dione in 2 turns. If barb battles succeed these units can go back.

Southest Immortal continues to use Cavs Roads and heads to west.

Another scout continues to west and founds corn. This seems a promising city site. Corn-Bananas and horses.

Worker plako is ready to start pasturizing pigs and Joshua mining Silver. We'll also need new Cottage in Rhea. Meanwhile 6th population is now working grasslandmine. I considered moving the worker mining near Titan to start the cottage, but decided to continue mining.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 373
  • Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 361
  • Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 382
Realised no-one had picked up the save, so played just before I went to bed. Made a mistake with the movement of the Immortal due to sleepiness, he risks dying to the barb Axe next turn. Very stupid.

Tonnes of barbs around. Barb axe + warrior near Dione, 2 barb warriors near Titan, and a barb axe near Iapetus. Also, SANCTA report further barb axes south of Iapetus. Not good news.

Don't have time to do a full report, will get to it later.

Turn 99 - 400 BC

Lot of barbs around. Especially Iapetus situation looks actually little bad. There are 2 barb axes there. I should have switched production to Archer and emergency whip next turn, but didn't figure it out in the heat of the moment. However I made the switch to Archer after end turn.

Western Guard did win defensive battle against barb axe near Dione. I moved him to Dione to heal.
Eastern Guard that is also in the west currently attacked against barb warrior SE from Dione.

There are 3 barb warriors and 1 axe near Titan. However situation is about under control. I moved Southern Guard in to the city and there is also Orion there + new Immortal is ready. I switched production to Worker, but another Immortal or Settler could have made sense also.

Scouting immortals continued to west. Cavs have quite a many cities.

Worker Toch (near Saturn) was moved SE. Next turn he should go either build mine above Iron or farm silk tiles near Dione.

I also noticed that Cavs have built Stonehenge few turns ago.

Feudalism was finalized. After discussing with Krill I decided to go for HBR. However 1st turn with 0% slider, but there was large beaker overflow.

Attachments

• pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 247
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 296
  • pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 235
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 238
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 240
  • pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 227
T100 / 375 BC

I'm not too happy how I play our turns currently. Too many small mistakes because of the hurry. Is there anyone who could do things with more time in their hands?

Mistakes:
* Couldn't move worker near Iapetus, because he was mining. I should've cancelled the action previous turn
* I should've started to improve Iron instead of going farming near Dione. We really need metal, if barb spears start to emerge
* I requested 5 gold in written, but didn't rmember to add that 5 gold to trade window. We'll had to login again to claim the gold after SANCTA

Main point of this turn was that I declined Kazs offer for trade. We probably want to explain ourselves now with a message to them. This will make us look bad so we should prepare ourselves.

Other things:
* Bad news: We've lost scout in the west (barb axe with 12% odds killed it)
* Good news: Orion has reached experience 10
* I couldn't move worker close to Iapetus, because he was still mining. This probably isn't a problem
* I moved worker Lord Parkin to cottage near Rhea nect turn
* I decided to prioritize farm in Dione over Iron mine (altough we'll need the mine soon)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0119.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0119.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 236
  • Civ4ScreenShot0117.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0117.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Civ4ScreenShot0116.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0116.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 278
Turn 101 / 350 BC Report

Read the spoiler tag.

Spoiler :

[These screens were taken before I hit end turn, up to a certain point.]

As the turn started out, I was confronted with this message.

I just told him that we had a message prepared for them.

I moved worker Joshua under the wounded immortal. I wish he was at 5/5 xp and not 4/5.... :mad:

Worker Plako finished the pigs.

Before and after pics.

I also had to deal with this barbarian problem.

I just promoted the immortal that was in Rhea to combat II and killed the axe at 97 percent odds. Rhea became unhappy (HR) so I moved Orion (who was on the horse) back in the city, and Rhea was happy again.

I promoted this immortal (along the combat line) and then had him heal for 1 turn before sending him to explore. I figure we want healthy immortals out there.

The immortal in Cav territory didn't find much. I propose moving him 2S or 1S, 1SE next turn. Remember that the oasis takes up 2 movement points, for some reason.

I canceled Worker Toch's farm. Next turn, he can move on top of the iron, if needed. He can also continue the farm next turn, if needed.

Worler Lord Parkin will create another Cottage for Rhea (whose borders popped after I hit end turn).

I moved the following immortal here. It brings him close to Iapetus (if necessary).

Here's Rhea before end turn. We can whip a library for 3 pop, although I don't want that. Also, if SANCTA's chariot moves out of the city, Rhea will be at it's max happiness. This is also why I moved the immortal in the previous screenshot close to Rhea - to act as a happy police, if necessary.

Titan's at it's max happiness, so I did some micromanaging before I hit end turn. (Worker DMOC will finish the chop for Titan next turn, I believe).

Tech screen before end turn.

Civics before end turn. (Why isn't SANCTA in Hereditary Rule?)

I had a conversation with Ronnie1.

Now, after I clicked end turn, we finished Mathematics. I then selected Calendar.

I wasn't sure what to make in Saturn. However, we have only 4 cities right now, and SANCTA/Cav have about 8 or 9 at this point, so ... settler it is.

Tech screen now. Uh oh....

Demographics. Our GNP will be higher since I was at 80% research instead of 100%.

Team Kazakhstan built The Great Library. :sad:

In terms of power, we're not doing so badly. However, we need to keep a sharp eye on this graph in case any team's power skyrockets.

A proposed city site. Thoughts?

EDIT: Shifted comment to Turn Discussion Thread.

I had to play our turn in a rush, so messed up a bit.

Offered a big trade to MS. I doubt they'll take it, but we'll see.

Totally screwed up and moved Worker Toch to a ******ed location. Suggest he roads next turn and then heads back to the Iron mine.

Barb Axe to the east of Titan.

Chariots/Immortals heading up to Iapetus. Hopefully should recapture the city in about 3 turns.

Researching Calendar at SANCTA's request.

Sorry, something went wrong with one of my screenshots... don't know how that happened. Will try to fix it later.

Offered a trade to MS.

Rhea went unhappy. Trade routes have been cancelled with SANCTA due to barb capture of Iapetus.

Barb Axes to southwest and east of Titan. One is next to an Immortal in the forest - hopefully he survives.

Another barb Axe found to the south near Cav lands. Do we try to kill it next turn, or try to move around it?

Units are moving to recover Iapetus. Immortal is healing slowly since he is now in barb lands.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot2056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2056.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Civ4ScreenShot2057.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2057.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Civ4ScreenShot2058.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2058.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 318
  • Civ4ScreenShot2059.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2059.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 348
Turn 104/275 BC

I should stop playing our turns. I seem to be having just bad luck :(. Southern Guard lost with 97% odds against barb axe. I killed wounded barb with another Immortal that was waiting in Titan.

I started with moving Eastern Guard towards Iapetus. We'll be having 2 Immortals having strength ~3/4. Should we wait a turn or 2 or take a shot against Barb axe guarding the city?

I tried to kill the Barb axe near Titan using Southern Guard with bad success and used another one to finish the job.

There was barb axe coming towards Dione. I killed it with Western Guard Immortal. Road was finished and I sent a worker to improve Iron. Probably we should send another worker to that direction also so that we can hook up Iron as soon as possible.

I moved our far away scout towards South.

We really can't send any of our immortals away now. So I sent the immortal SW from Titan towards Titan.

There is barb axe east from Rhea. We'll need 1 immortal there as soon as possible. After checking power graphs and tech status I decided we need Longbows. I changed production of Rhea and suggest we whip him next turn. Other teams have now currency and also HBR and they are still freely gifting techs. We definately are the target of team MS. There is no need to continue diplomacy with them or any other team but SANCTA. I guess we'll soon see army of War elephants and Catapults. We probably should switch everything we have for getting Iron online and build as many Longbows, spears and immortals as we can. I think to survive we need Machinery and Maces or construction/HBR+phants from SANCTA. I guess we should suggest switch to SANCTA.

Attachments

• T104-1.JPG
    T104-1.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 327
  • T104-2.JPG
    T104-2.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 266
  • T104-3.JPG
    T104-3.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 294
  • T104-4.JPG
    T104-4.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 301
  • T104-5.JPG
    T104-5.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 291
  • T104-6.JPG
    T104-6.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 272
  • T106-7.JPG
    T106-7.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 263
EDIT: Shifted to Turn Discussion Thread.

Turn 105/250 BC

Iapetus has been reclaimed. This time we did have some luck. First Immortal I used to attack killed the barb axe. Now both Immortals are healing inside the city.

Workers close to Dione moved towards Iron.

I didn't whip Rhea yet since with small optiisation I was able to get Calendar ready this turn (e.g. not utilising pig tile but silk). I preliminarily chosen Construction as our next tech. It takes 4 turns to finish.

Scout in the south found barbs, but nothing else that intresting.

There are barb axes East from Rhea and South fro Titan. I switchd production of Titan to Immortal so that in caseof an emergency we can whip him.

Cavs did finish Hanging Gardens.

I also rerequested trades with SANCTA (fish, wheat and ivory for Silver) and 10 gold to be able to research at 100%. btw. They've already 10 cities.

Attachments

• T105_1.JPG
    T105_1.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 261
  • T105_2.JPG
    T105_2.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 261
  • T105_3.JPG
    T105_3.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 253
  • T105_4.JPG
    T105_4.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 277
Turn 105/225 BC

I don't have time for detailed report.

Shortly:
* Scout in far SW sent back to north to hopefully find MS
* Workers moved to run away from barbs, to mine Iron and silver and plantate silk
* I changed Rhea to Granary. Whip next turn IMO
* I whipped immortal in Titan. Main reason is safety. Our immortals are wounded and we really need this immortal to protect against 2 barb axes that are close by
* Requested 1 more gold from SANCTA because our expenses increased, when I clicked end turn
* MS power raise has stopped, Kazs has reached same power
* Settler ready in 2 turns. Question is where to settle. No good places visible except the one far south

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0179.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0179.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Civ4ScreenShot0178.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0178.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Civ4ScreenShot0180.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0180.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 249
Turn 107 / 200BC

* Whipped Granary in Rhea. Next build Longbow (library half ready)
* Started Granary in Titan
* Killed 2 barb axes near Titan and Rhea. New axe that killed our Immortal has now 2 promotions and is coming towards Titan from SW
* At the end of the turn Iapetus came out revolt
* Sent healed immortal in Iapetus towards East to do small scouting round (however he shouldn't go too far)
* Scout far SW continud towards north
* Settler will be finalized next turn on Saturn. We could build probably 1 warrior for happy police. I'm still uncertain where should we go with him. DMOC suggested east. I'm not sure. Maybe city close to Rhea could work
* We got visibility to Cavaleiros graphs. As suspected they are far ahead in food and production and also in power

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0189.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0189.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Civ4ScreenShot0190.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0190.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Civ4ScreenShot0191.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0191.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 252
  • Civ4ScreenShot0192.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0192.JPG