Turnchat 170 AD, Friday June 27th. 2000 GMT(4pm EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science instructions:

In the unlikely event we finish researching Currency or trade for it this chat, set the research target to Theology. There has not been enough time for a poll on this, but the overwhelming sentiment in the discussion thread appears to be a beeline for Democracy. If it has to be changed to Republic (the only other choice getting support) that can be done any time before the number of beakers needed for Republic have been gathered, without penalty.

First, I would like to ask for a Postponement until we decide EXACTLY what to do with Memphis.

If we continue with the Turn chat my instructions are thus...

I STRONGLY suggest (since this part is more Domestic) pop-rushing (maybe a worker) or starving Memphis to get it down to 1 pop ASAP.

Keep 3 Legions in Memphis and no more until it's down to size 1, then pile in all the Legions in the area (including those between Memphis and Lake Asphinxia), trying to get 17 units in there.

Other then that nothing of greater note, just generally start shifting from Legions to Horsemen production (to get Knights).

Originally posted by Falcon02
First, I would like to ask for a Postponement until we decide EXACTLY what to do with Memphis.

If we continue with the Turn chat my instructions are thus...

I STRONGLY suggest (since this part is more Domestic) pop-rushing (maybe a worker) or starving Memphis to get it down to 1 pop ASAP.

Keep 3 Legions in Memphis and no more until it's down to size 1, then pile in all the Legions in the area (including those between Memphis and Lake Asphinxia), trying to get 17 units in there.

Other then that nothing of greater note, just generally start shifting from Legions to Horsemen production (to get Knights).

I agree, if we are to try to keep Memphis the population has to go down quickly. If a worker can be built quickly without pop-rushing, that would be a better course. Personally I wouldn't put more than 1 legion inside until the pop goes down, but will leave that to the people actually on the chat to decide.

We need libraries in order to pursue the fast tech track to spaceship. If we're not going to Chivalry then building horsemen would be a lower priority. Again, might have to let the chat attendees decide.

Well, the chat has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Please go to the first post for the game save. It hasn't changed.

We have two important issues open:

A possible switch to Monarchy(poll has been opened for at least a day and is only 3-3).

What to do about Memphis? No poll posted, plenty of options for this predicament.

Also, This has been the last chat of Term 2 . I am hoping that we will take the time to adequately discuss the issues at hand so that the new administration has a clear idea which way to progress.

Chat log posted at request of the President.

i think there were people online, but many points were open (for example a critical poll with only 6 votes which was unconclusive). and the president obviously didnt want to just go with his wishes but wanted the citizens to decide. :)

Originally posted by disorganizer
i think there were people online, but many points were open (for example a critical poll with only 6 votes which was unconclusive). and the president obviously didnt want to just go with his wishes but wanted the citizens to decide. :)

This comes of too many people knowing the formula for PI. Once burned, always careful... :(

I would support a law that makes a distinction between acting against the clear will of the people, vs. acting where there is no clear direction. The 2nd is not a failure of the DP, if anything it is a failure of other leaders to act quickly enough to get advice and consent from the people. The law should also explicitly state that actions must be purposeful to make an individual liable. No DP should ever be in fear of taking some small amount of initiative, nor should they live in constant fear of a finger twitch hitting the wrong key or letting up on the mouse in the wrong place!

nah, i believe DZ did that on purpose to show the people what is going wrong at the DG at the moment ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom