1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnchat instruction thread 880 AD - Friday, April 9, 1:00 (Saturday) GMT, 20:00 EST

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy IV' started by Bootstoots, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

All officials who are empowered to post turnchat instructions should do so here. Instructions must be posted at least one hour prior to the start of the turnchat.

Also, to all people on EDT: Please remember that EDT is actually EST +1, therefore this turnchat will occur at 21:00 EDT.

Game save

This is not a discussion thread

2. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

When Astronomy is researched, use our monopoly on banking to buy lux's/resource's.

Please Follow this queue after completing Astronomy:

Chemistry
    Mettalurgy
    Military Tradation

3. tao

tao Chieftain

Micromanagement
    We have to start with some micromanagement to optimize tile distribution between cities and some general optimization.

Cijam: work SW instead of W

New Falcons Heaven: let the clown work SE

Kadessa: work the fish instead of the saltpeter desert

Sharkeygrad: work the saltpeter desert

Ooligaroa: work the mined plains instead of the mined desert

Internal: work the flood plain instead of the mined desert

Build Queues

Vandelay: settler(skip if we don't want to grab the incense), bank

Cijam: university, bank

St. Octaviansburg: university, granary

Raven's Flight: change to market, temple

New Falcons Heaven: change to university

Cabaret Voltaire: galley, catapult, catapult, market

Ooligaria: change to university, bank

Internal: market

New Morgana: library

Sharkeygrad: library

Kadessa: library (hurry if money is available), market

standing wishes
    once a tile is improved, if possible please mm city in order use "best" improved tiles

worker actions in Audiac
    I want to very much urge the DP to follow my instructions. The DoI plan is much much worse, because it is "generic" and does not pay attention to the current needs of the cities.
    In previous terms, significant worker jobs were not done properly causing much harm.
    I spend a lot of time devising the "best" instructions and I am significantly p**ssed if they are not properly executed.

St.Octaviansburg: the worker should change the stupid 2SE mine to irrigation!!! Afterward it should go to the incense city on the Greece continent.

Ooligaria: 3 Egyptians should road and irrigate the plains, afterwards road and irrigate some desert tiles.

New Falcon's heaven. after building the mine, the 2 workers should go to the incense city on the Greece continent. If we don't build this city, help at Kadessa.

Cijam: after mining NEE, mine and road NNW; next work New Morgana, starting by mining and roading the wines.

New Morgana worker: irrigate and road the flood plains

New Cities
    found "Steal Incense" on the Hill near to Egypt
    hurry temple after 1st turn, hurry walls asap, start barracks

Rush Jobs
    Steal Incense's temple, walls
    Kadessa's library

4. calinator

calinator Chieftain

BUILD QUEUES
    Sanction: Put Marketplace (12) in queue slot 3
    Ville de Buisson: Temple Slot 2 (15), Barracks Slot 3 (10)
    Anarchyisgodville: Worker Slot 2 (5), Worker Slot 3 (5)

WORKER WORKORDER SUGGESTIONS
    -Have a worker irrigate the NE square of Sanction
    -Have worker in SW square of Anarchyisgodville build a road
    -Have workers mine the SE and 2SE squares of Ville de Buisson

5. gert-janl

gert-janl Alive!!!

Build Queues

Mr. Rogers Neiberhood
    Build Courthouse, Queue Granary

Vandopolis
    Build Library, Queue Granary

Acheron
    Continue building Library

Production Tiles

Mr. Rogers Neiberhood
    Work Lake (N) instead of grasslands (2NE)
    Continue working SW, SSE and 2SE

Vandopolis
    Work grasslands (SSE) instead of lake (SSW)
    Continue working N, S and SW

Acheron
    Continue working as it is right now. If growth occurs please work NE: this is cleared jungle by the time Acheron grows

Cash Rush Requests
    None this Turnchat

Workers
    - Send workers off to Alluares to Clear Jungle which already has roads (Mr Rogers NW/S)
    - Build mine Acheron NE, when finished with clearing Jungle
    - When finished please clear jungle NW of lake (NNW for MRN respectively)
    - If any workers are finished with duties please build Roads 2SE and SSE of MRN

6. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Groton: Sistine Chapel, not Leo’s, please.

Mure: Barracks, Pikeman, Aqueduct.

Grand Bricolage: Harbor, Aqueduct, Granary.

Worker instructions: 1) Up to the DoI or the President’s judgement.

Other: Give Groton at least a 1 food surplus. Upgrade the Spearman in Mure to a Pikeman ASAP.

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Deux Rivieres: Sun Tzu's Art of War (10), Knight
    Huntington: military units, as needed.
    Santa Lucia: knight (5), granary
    Vo Mimbre: knight (5), colosseum, military units as needed.
    Montpellier: knight (6), one military unit as needed, colosseum
    Bootsville: military units as needed.
    Liebling: harbor (13)

Notes:
    I'm trying to turn Liebling into a nice perpetual 2 turn worker factory. Please cut down one more forest, and irrigate the underlying grassland.

Please continue cutting down jungles around the south of the province, focusing more around Huntington and Santa Lucia. Plant some forest in DR's radius (especially where mines are already present) to boost production.

8. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

The start time has confused me; I thought it was tomorrow. No excuse though. Sorry for being 20 minutes too late. <edit> the GMT-daylight savings thingy got me again. I'm not 20 minutes late; I am 40 minutes before the deadline </endedit>

These items have been approved by the Senate.

Sliders
    Sci-slider to get Astronomy in 4 turns from now.
    Lux-slider to a setting that at most 2 cities or 3 towns need entertainers.
    Tax-slider: the remainder.

Cashrushes
    If we have the funds: temple in "Steal Incense", walls in "Steal Incense", library in Kadessa; in that order.

Worker actions - mere advise
    Mure has much more improved tiles, than it can work for centuries.
    1 worker should stay, 3 move where they are needed.
    Sanction does not need 5 workers; 3 is plenty.
    Bootsville is completely improved. It does not need 3 workers. (And forest planting is folly, because it kills growth.)
    Working forest in Ville de Buisson turns it into a 2 turn settler factory.
    Do not add any workers to cities.
    Alluares is waiting to be liberated from the jungle, so any worker without a serious task should be moved here.

9. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Military Alliances: Please do not form any Military Alliances this chat.

War Declarations:
    • None this chat.
    • If war is declared on us by another Civ, please stop the chat so that we can decide what to do in the forums.
    Peace Treaties:
    • Initiate none this chat.
    • If asked to renegotiate peace by another Civ, please do so.
    Tribute Demands: Once we have researched Astronomy, we are likely to be making trades for luxuries and potentially deals for large amounts of gold per turn. If we make these deals we obviously want to keep them, I therefore have 2 sets of instructions, one for if we have deals we want to protect, the other if we don’t.

If deals we want to protect are at stake:
    • If a Civ with whom we have a deal we want to protect makes a demand, pay the demand up to a value that you judge makes the deal still worthwhile in gold, gpt or maps, but do not pay cities, techs or resources.
    • If Persia makes a demand and the deal we want to keep is with a Civ that relies on the route through their coast (Aztecs and Zulu), pay in the same manner as above.
    If there is no deal to protect (either directly or indirectly) please use the standard options below:
    • Please reject all tribute demands from Persia, Aztecs, Zulu and Iroquois.
    • Please reject all tribute demands from Russia unless the demand is trivial (10 gold or less and/or a territory map).
    • From other countries, pay all tribute demands that do not exceed 40 gold or 2 gpt or that include technologies or cities. If the demand exceeds 40 gold, 2 gpt, or includes contacts, techs, or cities, reject the demand.
    Territory Incursions:
    • Do not request or demand that any nation move its troops from our territory during this turn chat.
    • Please monitor incursions within our territory and report during the chat, so that the route is recorded for future reference.
    • Please if possible block the route of any Settler/Defender pairs that attempt to cross our territory.
    • If what appears to be a possible invasion force arrives near a city, please stop the chat so that we can determine what to do in the forums.

PS: You're not late Rik Meleet - it's currently 00:46 BST (GMT + 1) = 23:46 GMT. I have left my board time set to GMT, but on reading you're post checked and realised that it said the same time as I am currently on ie: GMT+1 even though the board says it's displaying GMT!

10. Bootstoots

Something unexpected came up, and as a result I am not likely to be at the chat when it starts. If I am not there within 10 minutes of the scheduled start of the chat, the next person present at the chat on the CoC is to become the DP. I will most likely come in sometime fairly early in the chat (within an hour or so after it starts). The DP may, if he or she chooses, relinquish the DP position to me upon my arrival, but the DP is under no obligation to do so.

11. Noldodan

Note: Furiey, as the highest on the CoC present, began the chat about 3 minutes ago.

12. Noldodan

Note: Furiey relinquished the DP role to Bootstoots a couple minutes ago. Here is the log of Furiey's actions. To summarize, he micromanaged and set the build queues for Audiac.

13. Bootstoots