1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnchat Instruction Thread, Thursday 8/22 10:00PM Arizona

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by DaveShack, Sep 18, 2005.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Previous TCIT
    Starting Save

The chat will be played online on Thursday, September 22nd at 22:00 Arizaona (01:00am EDT Friday) (05:00 GMT Friday).

Please use the "title" part of your instruction post to state your office title; makes things clearer.

Only elected officials may post in this thread! Bold indicates that the official needs to post/update instructions in this thread.

President

Minister of Defense

Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Minister of Trade and Technology

Governor of Olympus
    Governor of Civatonia
    Governor of Styx
    Governor of Augean Stables
    Governor of Priapos
    Expatriate Governor (in case we need to decide whether to capture or raze)

NOTE: We are at WAR

2. Civlord

Civlord Chieftain

City of Olympus

Build MoM. If MoM is completed stop the turnchat. If another AI civ builds it first, change to any wonder that requires more shields and stop the turnchat anyway.

Please, don't relocate any citizens. Don't do anything with Olympus, just leave it building the MoM.

If you don't understand clearly any of my instructions then PM me or post in this thread.

Governor Civlord

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Office of the President

Instructions pending..........

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

City of Styx
    Queue: Temple-->Galley-->Harbor-->Market

Workers and Tile Usage: DPs discression, though I'd like for more focus on production capability.

5. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

City of Priapos:

Buildqueue: ---> Harbor ---> Marketplace (prebuild if no currency)
    NOTE: If we get currency before Harbor is complete, switch to marketplace.

Workers: Complete Mine on Hill ----> Road Mine on Hill -----> Road wines east southeast of Priapos

Tileusage: Use mined bonus grasslands by river, roaded grasslands by Olympus, and the distant bonusgrasslands NW at size 3. At size 4, use forest tile with road, and when the city reaches size 5, call for luxuryslider upgrade, call for trade deals and apply the fisheries tile.

6. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

Techs:

Finish Republic

Research in this order:
    Currency
    Construction

Once we hit Middle Ages, please stop the TC, unless the TC was less than 10 turns, start researching Feudalism, unless that's the free tech, then it's Engineering.

Trades:

None

If we get Currency and Construction from the GL, please stop the chat so we can discuss trades and stuff...unless it's less than 10 turns, stop at the 10th turn so we can discuss all that stuff..

7. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Foreign Affairs

1. Stay out of Romani-German War.
    2. Do NOT make an offensive into Persia. We do not have the manpower. If a sizable Persia force (3-4 Units) arrive just outside Fanatik border STOP THE CHAT.
    3. Give in to all Demands from Rome or France.

8. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Civatonia:

Keep building swords, and get our city to size 5 or 6 for 10spt.

9. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

Build Queue
    horseman (current)
    sword
    sword
    horse

All micromangement duties go to President Donovan_Zoi for the welfare of The Aguean Stables. It is his responsibilty that the city doesn't revolt, and would like tile usage to emphasize production.

10. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

In case we get in a situation where we will capture an AI's city on the next turn, please stop the chat.

If you miscalculate and capture the city mistakenly, may God have mercy on your soul.

11. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

Have any built horsemen and the ones already built begin to spy on persia to see if troops are marching towards us. if so, have them pull back to combat that threat.

also, if enemy troops enter our borders and peace isn't signed quick enough empty the garrisons of the approached city. if a governor of that city is present at the TC, let them decide if that happens. but i feel it is imparitive that that order is carried out to insure that we don't have a pre-mature GA.

If peace is signed, and the TC still goes on, have the horsemen go to one of the black dot locations and conduct rounds as ordered in my thread, here. Have all swordsmen go to assigned locations as illustrated by blue dots on my map. after two swords are on each spot, begin further build up at DP's discrestion.

12. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Chat started.

Deputy President instructions: Keep science at maximum with no worse than -10gpt, until Republic is done. Then we don't need no stinking science. :lol:
    Use lux slider if needed by 2 or more cities. Do not encourage a revolution since there has been no approval by the assembly on timing.

Preturn save
    Turn 5 save

Turn 10 final save

Summary:
    Killed several Persian troops near the French border (both sides of the border)
    Researched Republic, science to 0
    Got Currency, Construction from GL
    Free tech: Engineering
    MoM completed in Olympus

Persia is now willing to take an even peace, we may even be able to get concessions, I didn't check.

I forgot Provo's worker instructions partway through the chat and started mining BGs instead of connecting the 2nd wines. No excuse really, I ought to know by now that worker orders in the demogame are often contrary to what my personal play style would be. Just got caught up in the flow of the game, saw we needed shields and acted on that without looking back at the forum.

chat log

13. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

@DaveShack or anyone else who attended the whole chat: Any world books, palace upgrades, or anything else big like that happen this TC? Thanks for any reply in advance. :)