1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnchat Thread - 3050BC - Saturday, August 20th - 4:00 pm ArizT, 23:00 8/20 GMT

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by DaveShack, Aug 18, 2005.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Game Session 4 - 3050 BC

Starting Save
    Previous instruction thread

This will be an on-line session.
    The Designated Player is: DaveShack

Start Date/Time: Saturday, August 20th, 3pm Arizona (GMT-7)
    GMT: Saturday, August 18th, 22:00

I should be able to play if the kids take a nap. If the kids are not sleeping then my wife might be dragging me around the town shopping, in which case we'll get to try out the CoC.

Instructions checklist:
    President Octavian X: OK
    Minister of Defense vikingruler: OK
    Minister of Foreign Affairs Nobody:
    Minister of Trade and Technology truckingpete: OK
    Governor of Olympus, DaveShack: OK
    Governor of Civatonia, Chieftess: OK

ONLY LEADERS WITH INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD POST IN THIS THREAD

2. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Civantonia --

Found the city on the location shown in this map. (I know I wasn't able to do too much with it -- been on a mini-vacation. day trips...)

Send the settler 1 SE to the road, then 3E to the mountain. Then send it to the red dot to settle. Have that worker build a road 1E of its' current location, then 1W of the new city site. (not sure who really controls the workers now.....)

Build: Warrior, Warrior, worker.

BTW, I won't be here tomorrow (not sure how long I'll be). I'll be at a crab feast. (yes, STEAMED crabs. :p)

EDIT: I'm guessing it's 6:00pm EDT? Then I'll be here, of course.

3. Civman2004

Civman2004 Something goes here...

Null and Void if TruckingPete votes

Keep researching writing
    If we get writing, stop the TurnChat
    Trades are to be either discussed and approved (by majority) in the turnchat, or referred back to the whole citizenry by stopping the turnchat

4. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

I wont be able to attend the whole TC, so I'm going pretty in-depth for instructions. Have Athena start exploring in a half-circle. angle her in a half circle, while going in an easterly and then south easterly direction. Discover all black squares in this exploring, don't just go in a straight arch while neglecting land left behind. After the next warrior is built, give him the name of a Greek god, say Apollo, Artemis, Zeus, etc... make sure you start with Warrior of (Apollo) to distingush between other units in a stack. Have this warrior angle Southwest, but try and get going west ASAP, so you can find the barbarian encampment, if you do attack it and dispose of it. If both warriors complete exploration, you can control them however you want. Consider fortifying one or both in a city.

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Governor of Styx:

Get around to finding land for us to found our city on, found our city.

6. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

What my Deputy said..

I'll be gone tommarow and only tommarrow..not Sunday..:D

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Sorry for the abbreviated instructions, but I just got in - it's late and I'm tired. So there. :p

Continue minimum research, while using the lux slider to control happiness as necessary.

The worker will continue to be assigned to Olympus to finish improving the wines tile as well as one or two others. At that point, it should begin a road to Civinatoria. After the city is connected to the capitol, it will be assigned to the new city.

8. DaveShack

Production: Produce warriors (2-3) until size 2 and growth will be before a settler would complete, then a settler. After the settler build one best-available military unit. If a temple is available at that time then build it, otherwise start on a barracks.

Worker should road & irrigate wines, then road towards next city.

MM as needed, control happieness in order of preference by slider, MP, taxman, entertainer.

9. DaveShack

10. DaveShack

Executive Summary: Founded Civantonia. Met the Germans. French about to take a GH right under our noses but we can't do anything about it except brace for barbs if the French are unlucky. Lots of trade opportunities but all for cash, we are an extremely backward people.

11. admiral-bell

admiral-bell Chronic Lurker

post a chat log

12. DaveShack

Chat log here

Sorry for the delay...