Turnplayers' Schedule

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
Turnplayers' Schedule

Please try to leave this thread for turnplayer schedule related talk.:goodjob:

Turnplayers Section from the AMAZON Constitution
Spoiler :
... we will make a list of who wants to play turns and how many turns they want to play. Then we will simply take turns, with each member of the team who wishes to play, taking a few turns, then passing the responsibility to whomever is next on the list...

AMAZONs playing the turn should use this thread to indicate when they will be ready to play and when they will NOT be available to play the turn. Please try to let the team know in advance so that our turn always gets played, and played well.:goodjob:

This is our current list of Turnplayers in the Turnplayer rotation.
Rotation
1. Sommerswerd
2. 2metraninja
3. nabaxo
4. Loev

Backup
Tinkerbell

When you are taking the Turnplaying "batton," please post here to acknowledge that you are responsible for the turn. A simple "I am up" is fine.

When you have finished playing the number of turns you wanted to play, please post saying something like "I am done, ______ is up."

For example, since I (Sommerswerd) am first on the list I will go first. I will play 5 turns and then pass the batton to Tinkerbell. When I have played the 5th turn. I will post here "I am done Tinkerbell is up."

If Tinkerbell can't play then Tinkerbell should post "I can't play, TheMeInTeam is up."

If Tinkerbell does not post before the turn ends. I will keep playing until the next person on the list speaks up and posts, "I will play the next X turns." something like that.

When anyone says they want the batton, be gracious and just pass it. All AMAZONs are Equal! If we need some kind of formal rule we can vote on that when the need arises.

We should all help each other make sure that micro and screenshots are getting done correctly. For example, after I have played the turn, TheMeInTeam should feel free to log in, and check (or correct) my micro or anything else that is wrong. SilentConfusion should feel free to log in and take any screenshots I missed. Just be sure to give the team a general idea of what is going on.

Rather than go into detail about what needs to be done each turn, I will just try to start us off by setting a good example. Suggestions and comments are important, welcome, and desired, but make them in other threads.

Please try to leave this thread for Turnplayer Schedule related talk.:goodjob:

I withdraw myself from the turn player list. I'm having much trouble with keeping up with the forum activities, this is probebly due to the placing of a new foster child in our home. In a few month, things will be running smoothly again and I'll enroll again.

I'll be available for backup if really needed.

Do you think we should limit the amount of turns one can play? And I still want to turnplay, but I am still working out PTBS issues.

No... You can play as many turns as you like. You have to make the moves that the team wants anyway. And any turnplayer can ask to take over whenever they want. For example I am going to play 5 turns. If you think that is too many then just say so. Otherwise, once TMIT has played how ever many turns he wants to play, you can play the number you want to play. I imagine that you wouldn't want to to play more than 5 turns, since I only said I am playing 5 and you are asking about limits.;)

If someone is abusing the system, for example, by taking too many turns and refusing to let others play, then we can just deal with that if it arises.

Best to just let turnplayers play according to their schedules, rather than setting some sort of arbitrary limit. Everyone who wants to play will get plenty of turns.:)

I would like to defer the turn-playing to others during the month of April. I am currently enrolled in a teaching course and it is pretty time-consuming. I will still check this site and keep up with team activities everyday, but so long as we have others able to do it during that time I would rather decline for fear that I can't give it the attention it deserves. I will be able to devote full concentration to turn-playing near the end of April. Also since I will be checking this everyday, if an emergency turn-player is needed I can do that.

When I say 5 turns that does not mean that I intend to NEVER play again, I will play as long as needed, but remake20 wants to play and others want a turn as well. And frankly, I am itching to see TMIT "on the sticks."

5 turns will probably take between 5 - 10 days, so we will get about 10 turns done every two weeks.

^ I remember last MTDG we got 3 turns done in 30 minutes.

I would rather say the days I'm playing. This week? None, next week? I could probably play for a few days then pass it on.

When I say 5 turns that does not mean that I intend to NEVER play again, I will play as long as needed, but remake20 wants to play and others want a turn as well. And frankly, I am itching to see TMIT "on the sticks."

5 turns will probably take between 5 - 10 days, so we will get about 10 turns done every two weeks.

I know what you meant... I just couldn't resist the allusion regarding limits. :)

This should probably be elsewhere, too. Certainly it should be in the team information thread, but it does pertain to the turn-players.

The game is now afoot:
This thread is for issues that affect turn-players. Please take general discussion of the game to another thread.

Stuff like:
- The pitboss server is down
- Timeouts
- The first team in a war ended their turn, so the second team can play now

My contribution: the map has been created and sent to DaveShack!

Server IP : daveshack.dyndns.org:2056
Civstats link

Hey Sommer could you please put the IP adress and civ password in this thread.

Hey Sommer could you please put the IP adress and civ password in this thread.

if you notice two posts above there is the game address.

The Team Password isin the Team Information thread

^ I see that, but it would b easier if we could also have that stuff here.

Should we have a rule that states anyone can play the turn if the TT has less than 1 hour left. If the current person "up" say, looses internet unexpectedly, then we would just have to skip a turn, instead someone could play it.

;)We don't NEED a rule... We already HAVE a rule:)... This is the rule from the AMAZON Constitution
Turnplayers
Anyone can play the turn.

And even if the turnplayer who is "up" is unavailable, or unresponsive, noone has heard from them, it seems like the turn is not going to get played, etc., etc.,... We already have a rule for that as well...
Turnplayers
We can elect the default turnplayer by poll.
The only reason we would need a "default" turnplayer to play the turn, is if Nobody on the turnplayer list was available... because whenever you are "up" and you can't play, responsibility passes to the next person on the list. So the next person on the list is "up." The only way that no-one who is "up" is available, is if EVERYONE on the list is unavailable.

But we can elect our "default" turnplayer at any time. :goodjob:. Lastly, changes to the turnplayer rules, or rules changes in general should probably be brought up in the Upcoming Polls Thread.

@ Silent Confusion & r20 - Good Idea:goodjob: I updated the Team Information page with the login info.

Also... as an FYI... When exiting the game...
1. DO NOT CLICK THE "X" IN THE TOP CORNER OF YOUR BROWSER TO EXIT
2. DO NOT SELECT "EXIT TO DESKTOP" FROM THE MAIN MENU

DOING EITHER WILL CRASH THE GAME:(

ALWAYS SELECT "EXIT TO MAIN MENU" WHEN EXITING THE GAME.
:goodjob:

Top Bottom